hold on hold on hold on. you stated that you know religion and said you read bibles so wouldn't it be the same as me telling you the same thing ? a person can have a open mind about learning something but how it is bad to disagree with something ?

Problem here is you don't have an open mind.

Also I can probably quiz you on points of the bible and I bet you couldn't answer them. I could probably do the same about evolution.

My point from the beginning was you read but don't understand. I'm sticking to that statement.

You only go with what you want to believe is right rather than what is right.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-08-2014 12:53 PM
    So Sahib believes in God made the world....and Rue and Chregu believe it was evolution.
    either way it's man made stuff....I've heard bible is not exact now and it's modified.....and evolution theory is man made too(it was proposed by a human).!!
    believe in what you want..!! and end the discussion!
    Evolution is not man made..

Again: Evolution shaped the world in the way it is now. For example. We have very little CO2 in the atmosphere, much less than the planet had millions of years ago. This is because CO2 is used to build biomass. Life changed the atmosphere, the changed atmosphere changed life. However evolution didn't make the world. The planed earth was already existing. Life developed in billions of years out of chemical reactions and evolution shaped life how it is now.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-08-2014 12:54 PM
    Problem here is you don't have an open mind.

Also I can probably quiz you on points of the bible and I bet you couldn't answer them. I could probably do the same about evolution.

My point from the beginning was you read but don't understand. I'm sticking to that statement.

You only go with what you want to believe is right rather than what is right.
    isn't being right subjective? each beliefs has their flaws . by saying evolution is right when its an op kind of makes it look like you are one sided
    05-08-2014 12:57 PM

Again: Evolution shaped the world in the way it is now. For example. We have very little CO2 in the atmosphere, much less than the planet had millions of years ago. This is because CO2 is used to build biomass. Life changed the atmosphere, the changed atmosphere changed life. However evolution didn't make the world. The planed earth was already existing. Life developed in billions of years out of chemical reactions and evolution shaped life how it is now.
    i think she was meaning the study of evolution. maybe ?
    05-08-2014 12:58 PM
    Evolution is an opinion now...

Rue, stop explaining things to him, it will lead to nothing, except maybe an early heart attack.
    05-08-2014 12:59 PM

I clearly mentioned theory! i guess it was Darwin or someone....evolution exists in my religion but not human evolution
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-08-2014 01:00 PM
    well that was interesting
    05-08-2014 01:04 PM
    isn't being right subjective? each beliefs has their flaws . by saying evolution is right when its an op kind of makes it look like you are one sided

I'm saying evolution is right because we have evidence to back it up. Lots of it.

What evidence is there for any supernatural being? Bring me that and I'll agree with you. People keep telling me to prove god doesn't exist. How about we turn the tables?

Find evidence for Jesus outside the bible. Give me evidence in god outside a religious text and I'll agree with you. Don't tell me it doesn't work like that.

Either it's provable or it's not. I've yet to feel any wrath from said deity.
    hope4wp likes this.
    05-08-2014 01:05 PM
    I'm saying evolution is right because we have evidence to back it up. Lots of it.

What evidence is there for any supernatural being? Bring me that and I'll agree with you. People keep telling me to prove god doesn't exist. How about we turn the tables?

Find evidence for Jesus outside the bible. Give me evidence in god outside a religious text and I'll agree with you. Don't tell me it doesn't work like that.

Either it's provable or it's not. I've yet to feel any wrath from said deity.
    im not disagreeing with you that everything needs evidence.
    from my knowledge is that we cant see him. like the air we cant see the air but we can feel it. so by the creation that he did is proof that someone had to make this and could be made out of chance
    05-08-2014 01:11 PM
    2 days without eating my doughnut is killing me >.<
    05-08-2014 01:22 PM
    im not disagreeing with you that everything needs evidence.
    from my knowledge is that we cant see him. like the air we cant see the air but we can feel it. so by the creation that he did is proof that someone had to make this and could be made out of chance

What a load of rubbish.

Your arguments are things I've heard dozens of times. You're acting like a creationist.

You don't understand science at all and obviously don't want to because it bothers you too much.

If you are truly open minded you would not find any fault with evolution. You simply don't want to agree with it.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-08-2014 01:24 PM
    I hope they have hotdogs again ^.^
    05-08-2014 01:24 PM
    Put some particles in the air and you'll see it well enough. Just ask Nadia about sand storms...
    05-08-2014 01:25 PM
    What a load of rubbish.

Your arguments are things I've heard dozens of times. You're acting like a creationist.

You don't understand science at all and obviously don't want to because it bothers you too much.

If you are truly open minded you would not find any fault with evolution. You simply don't want to agree with it.
    science doesn't bother me. I never said that science is wrong BUT for me I don't buy of all what science has to say .
    im open minded since I acknowledge that everything has its faults and both cant be correct,
    05-08-2014 01:27 PM
    Put some particles in the air and you'll see it well enough. Just ask Nadia about sand storms...
    can you still see the air itself? you can see the sand but not the air. those are two different things
    05-08-2014 01:28 PM
    science doesn't bother me. I never said that science is wrong BUT for me I don't buy of all what science has to say .
    im open minded since I acknowledge that everything has its faults and both cant be correct,
    If you were open minded you would assume both can be right. Not one of them has to be wrong.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-08-2014 01:30 PM
    I guess we're never having discussion about evolution again :(
    05-08-2014 01:30 PM
    can you still see the air itself? you can see the sand but not the air. those are two different things
    You don't like seeing the airflow?

You can see the air when you see lightning.
    05-08-2014 01:31 PM
    I guess we're never having discussion about evolution again :(

I'm happy to still talk about it. :) I wasn't expecting a theological discussion to break out. :/
    hope4wp likes this.
    05-08-2014 01:32 PM
    When you have someone like sahib not understanding the fundamentals of science and claiming they read books on a subject that they clearly don't understand it gets frustrating.
    Chregu and hope4wp like this.
    05-08-2014 01:34 PM
    05-08-2014 01:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6ed.gif 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	65977
    horses are funny
    05-08-2014 01:47 PM
    x.x still hungry
    05-08-2014 01:49 PM
    Six months on WP Central forums....here is the 3600th post. 600 per month is not too shabby:-)
    Chregu, hope4wp and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-08-2014 02:14 PM
    Six months on WP Central forums....here is the 3600th post. 600 per month is not too shabby:-)
    Party for 99!!
    05-08-2014 02:26 PM
145,277 ... 25012502250325042505 ...