WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If anyone is interested in becoming a mod, just keep doing a great job as a member or as an ambassador. :smile: You might get an opportunity at a future point.

+810!
No 630 or 930....I am bummed about the missed opportunities by Nokia to stick it to Android/Moto G!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I so want a green 930! I hope it is eventually available for AT&T. I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Hopefully it will be available in the US. The Nokia announcement though clearly states it is for Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. In the USA we can thank VZW and its exclusive Icon:-(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully it will be available in the US. The Nokia announcement though clearly states it is for Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. In the USA we can thank VZW and its exclusive Icon:-(

I'm hoping it will be available once the exclusivity has expired.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So where I'm a little confused is if all the features of WP8.1 were displayed or did they just stick to the ones that were 'easily' explained? I'm guessing we'll have to wait until someone does a hands on.

I know a lot of people are excited about Cortana, maybe due to the name, but in reality, I can't really see me using it that much (I know others may use it more) so the whole release of WP8.1 has been somewhat disappointing for me anyway.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I liked the orange one...Tom Warren has some good pics on The Verge and of course a Green Lumia 630.
I am waiting to just put WP8.1 on April 8 on my Lumia 810 via Preview for Developers. If I like it, I am leaning towards getting an unlocked 920 and putting WP8.1.
Liking Cortana so far and I hope MSFT has better WP8.1 devices towards the end of the year.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I know a lot of people are excited about Cortana, maybe due to the name, but in reality, I can't really see me using it that much (I know others may use it more) so the whole release of WP8.1 has been somewhat disappointing for me anyway.

It's USA exclusive anyway in the beginning. At least that's what I read, and I believe it without questioning it, regarding how Microsoft does the same with many other services.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good morning everybody.

I'm working on getting my personal email address back. My 8X has arrived at the service center. So now I have to get my experiment running and everything is fine.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's USA exclusive anyway in the beginning. At least that's what I read, and I believe it without questioning it, regarding how Microsoft does the same with many other services.

Yeah, US is their home so they concentrate a lot on it. Also if they crack the market it's a lot of money I suppose. Just curious if WP8.1 will do it. It's more than just about the phones and hardware.

A recent article I read states that more and more people are becoming app centric over mobile web. So if that's true, WP has a big mountain to climb.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

One doubt, We can get US specific Bing features by changing phone region to US. Can we get Cortana the same way???

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They changed my account email to my university email address.

I had to fax them my signature. Haven't faxed in like 10 years or so. But I have used FACS , which is pronounced similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro