WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Aww I missed the 5000th post. Awesome job guys. This thread moves incredibly fast.

On another note, I just smashed through season 1 of Breaking Bad on Netflix and I'm half way through season 2. I thought my Netflix binge was done when I breezed through all seasons of Lost a while back.
Fast is good with this thread. :cool:

I love how Netflix offers full seasons all at once. I've gotten into "Orange Is the New Black" and watched 5 episodes in one day so far.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh I agree. I watched all episodes of House of Cards within a few days. I love it when it gives you the option to watch all episodes like that. It was annoying when I watched 24 on tv and had to wait a week to watch the next episode.

I might watch Orange is the New Black next. I saw the trailer for it and it looks funny.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Half of it seems to be describing the school itself and there's numerous whole page responses which thrills me. </sarcasm>

The half describing the school sounds typical. Are they actually asking for full page response? Seems a bit excessive if they are. Normally with selection criteria you just need to address the criteria and keep it simple. I'd like to mention that I'm not a big fan of those types of applications. Most of the ones I've seen are typically schools and governments. I've also seen ones where you have to give a presentation.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh unlucky Muessig. I just saw you missed the 5000th post by one..both ways :grin:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Would be nice to get thread milestone bragging rights, but I don't think I've been close to getting one yet. I'll try harder next time around :wink:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

hallo zusammen! got to visit pharmacy to complete my supplies! Magnesium & multivitamins. :p and then... shopping! lol I would never understand why does it take so long with woman! I just take shopping cart, go in, grab needed things and after 15min I'm on my way to home!!! : )

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've made many posts on here and I still miss the milestones. I don't try that hard either so maybe there's a trick to it. :p BP hasn't been that lucky either.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

hallo zusammen! got to visit pharmacy to complete my supplies! Magnesium & multivitamins. :p and then... shopping! lol I would never understand why does it take so long with woman! I just take shopping cart, go in, grab needed things and after 15min I'm on my way to home!!! : )
I'm not like "typical" women. I hate shopping for clothes. I'll spend hours in MicroCenter, but if it's not a tech store, I'm in and out quickly. I'm the antithesis of a "fashionista" though. I'm a hardcore geek.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've made many posts on here and I still miss the milestones. I don't try that hard either so maybe there's a trick to it. :p BP hasn't been that lucky either.
More milestones will be available, though. So it's open in terms of who will get them. :smile:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not like "typical" women. I hate shopping for clothes. I'll spend hours in MicroCenter, but if it's not a tech store, I'm in and out quickly. I'm the antithesis of a "fashionista" though. I'm a hardcore geek.

There's a tendency to paint everyone with the same brush. My wife isn't a big fan of shopping either. She doesn't mind doing a bit of it but she's not hardcore like some. I don't mind shopping but I find it's getting more and more difficult to find things I like. Almost all stores these days focus on 20 somethings and if you don't 'fit' that look you basically can't find anything. So I either have to spend a fortune finding nice clothes or I just wait until the fashion changes enough that it isn't horrid if I wear it.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

That's great to be a bit different than others, have a different interests, but sometimes it causes troubles for us. That happens because when people don't understand something they use to laugh or criticize. Just can't understand that not everyone must be almost the same.
Hardcore geek.. Hope you're NOT THAT hardcore gekk! : )

http://i1.memy.pl/obrazki/b95448162_jeszcze_jeden_mem_o_mnie.jpg

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The half describing the school sounds typical. Are they actually asking for full page response? Seems a bit excessive if they are. Normally with selection criteria you just need to address the criteria and keep it simple. I'd like to mention that I'm not a big fan of those types of applications. Most of the ones I've seen are typically schools and governments. I've also seen ones where you have to give a presentation.

They give the opportunity for full-page responses when asking for information on stuff like current duties and responsibilities etc.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They give the opportunity for full-page responses when asking for information on stuff like current duties and responsibilities etc.

Ah. I hope I never have to do one of those applications. Then again, I'm not applying for government/school positions so highly unlikely. :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

If you don't have the Amber update yet, you might want to keep it that way if you hate minor irritating issues...

I updated through Nokia Software Updater for Retail and now every time I reset the device the volume changes to 13. I contacted Nokia support directly and they say this is by design:

Rose (9:33:58)

I have checked that this will be a normal behaviour of phone, Muessig. This is to comply with European audio limitation, which is mandatory in new devices in EU in 2013, to avoid the possible damage of ear hearing. You can still adjust the volume level up to 30 with the volume key on the side.

Muessig (9:35:03)

So you can confirm that after the Amber update every Lumia device will automatically reset its volume level to 13 regardless of what it was before and that this is a feature and not a bug. I will have to change it myself every single restart from now on?

Rose (9:35:38)

That is right, Muessig. This is to comply with European audio limitation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If you don't have the Amber update yet, you might want to keep it that way if you hate minor irritating issues...

I updated through Nokia Software Updater for Retail and now every time I reset the device the volume changes to 13. I contacted Nokia support directly and they say this is by design:

Interesting. Is that a hard reset or just an off/on thing? I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. I can imagine someone having their phone on a high volume and then forgetting it was that high.

I am hoping I get the update soon. I've started to have battery issues and can't seem to figure out if it's an app causing the issue or something else. So I was going to wait until the amber update to see if it fixes it or if I need to send in the phone, again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well it's going to be a light day of posting for me today. I have actual work to do! Woot! Wait a minute, should I be celebrating that? o_O

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Ever since I went to the update I charged my battery to about 90% or so and then used it as normal, turning it off at night. I last charged it 3-4 days ago, with the phone being on around 15 hours a day, at a guess. A battery life of 3-4 days is by far the best I've had with this phone. Don't know what they did but I like it.

As far as the volume goes, I think its useful if you're listening to music all the time and have the phone on a high volume, but I like my phone on about 20 for everyday use and having to readjust it every single time I turn the phone on and off when I've not had to do that before is irritating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720