YES , this world is magic
    05-10-2014 10:17 PM
    Women's Issues is just a name for the gender studies course I'm taking. If you want to, and I get a decent grade back, I can send you a copy of my paper with more importantly, the reference list so you can do your own reading.

More importantly, it is for mostly political reasons why there isn't a federal paid maternity leave program. The Family Medical Leave Act (Google this) allows for 12 weeks UNPAID leave, with the key word I put in caps. So yes, women can take time from work for maternity but it isn't paid and California doesn't cover 100% of the salary during the time off - just 55%.
    sure that would be nice :)
    ok ill look it up. though I do remember that my history teacher would leave for a few days once his wife was about to have the baby.so im not sure if he got payed or not. anyways ill figure it out once Im done searching for it
    05-10-2014 10:22 PM
    Good morning! (8:40 am here in India)
    sup!
    05-10-2014 10:22 PM
    sahib show me some of your new cars
    OK after I read about the FMLA
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-10-2014 10:23 PM
    huh so basically it mandates that employers cant fire that worker if he or she is under that act. that's pretty cool
    05-10-2014 10:29 PM
    aw sorry shu I haven't bought any new cars that are worth showing :P im just upgrading all of my C class cars now
    05-10-2014 10:33 PM
    huh so basically it mandates that employers cant fire that worker if he or she is under that act. that's pretty cool
    It is eligible for men too, and can be used for people who need time to care for a sick family member...although it typically gets used for maternity leave. Look up the Pregnancy Discrimination Act too while you're at it. Yes, before that act was passed, women could and did get fired for being pregnant.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-10-2014 10:44 PM
    aw sorry shu I haven't bought any new cars that are worth showing :P im just upgrading all of my C class cars now
    You should get a Tesla! California's the best place to get them since (I'm pretty sure) they have more superchargers than any other state.
    05-10-2014 10:44 PM
    You should get a Tesla! California's the best place to get them since (I'm pretty sure) they have more superchargers than any other state.
    Superchargers are Tesla's network of free chargers.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-10-2014 10:47 PM
    Upgrading cars :( I haven't it's Sunday , asphalt time :D

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    05-10-2014 10:57 PM
    It is eligible for men too, and can be used for people who need time to care for a sick family member...although it typically gets used for maternity leave. Look up the Pregnancy Discrimination Act too while you're at it. Yes, before that act was passed, women could and did get fired for being pregnant.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    ok ill do that. I was also reading that there is controversy with having this act since they argue that is much more expensive to employ females because they could "abuse" this
    05-10-2014 11:00 PM
    yup I saw 3 teslas here in northern cali. in the town that I live in we have 4 charging sites for electrical cars :)
    05-10-2014 11:02 PM
    Upgrading cars :( I haven't it's Sunday , asphalt time :D

I only play on the weekends because of school >:)
    05-10-2014 11:03 PM
    so it essentially protects pregnant females and making sure they have a fair chance of getting hired and if hired they cannot fire them if they leave for maternity leave.
    that brings me to the question of how can a she prove that she not given the job because she was pregnant
    05-10-2014 11:08 PM
    yup I saw 3 teslas here in northern cali. in the town that I live in we have 4 charging sites for electrical cars :)

I really wish I lived in California. All the cool stuff is there:

Big FIRST Robotics community
    Tesla
    SpaceX (I'm assuming that since Elon Musk is the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, and Tesla is headquartered in California)
    Elon Musk
    TEN Microsoft stores (I'm not sure how widespread they are though)
    Silicon Valley
    Other things I can't remember off the top of my head.
    05-10-2014 11:24 PM
    I just realized you were taking about Asphalt. I can't believe I was so sleepy that I thought you were talking teal cars. I didn't even see "Class C".
    :-|
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:27 PM
    I need to recharge my brain batteries.
    05-10-2014 11:27 PM

I really wish I lived in California. All the cool stuff is there:

•Big FIRST Robotics community
    •Tesla
    •SpaceX (I'm assuming that since Elon Musk is the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, and Tesla is headquartered in California)
    •Elon Musk
    •TEN Microsoft stores (I'm not sure how widespread they are though)
    •Silicon Valley
    •Other things I can't remember off the top of my head.
    you would of thought that cali wouldn't be broke but ironicly its broke :P. don't forget that most of the conferences are in cali :P
    sd173 likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:29 PM
    I just realized you were taking about Asphalt. I can't believe I was so sleepy that I thought you were talking teal cars. I didn't even see "Class C".
    :-|
    hahahaha its cool :P now you know what we were talking about ;)
    sd173 likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:29 PM
    I need to recharge my brain batteries.
    go to a charging station!
    sd173 likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:30 PM
    you would of thought that cali wouldn't be broke but ironicly its broke :P. don't forget that most of the conferences are in cali :P
    Oh yeah! Wasn't Build in California?
    05-10-2014 11:31 PM
    hahahaha its cool :P now you know what we were talking about ;)
    Lol I remembered rue started saying shu is rich , talking about cars lol I should have mentioned I am talking about asphalt 8

sd173 likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:31 PM
    Lol I remembered rue started saying shu is rich , talking about cars lol I should have mentioned I am talking about asphalt 8

That's what I was thinking too!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:33 PM
    Oh yeah! Wasn't Build in California?
    what wasn't build in cali o.o?
    oh nvm now I know what you meant XD yeah build was in San Francisco
    sd173 likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:35 PM
    go to a charging station!
    Ok.

ZZZzzzzzz........