Yeah and you don't even want to get started on how the youth of today speak - especially in London. My goodness.
    Well that's like anywhere. They have their slang, then they have to grow up at some stage. :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:00 AM
    Morning - Ironing??

Im pretty fortunate at this job - don't have to be suited and booted - jeans and tshirt are good enough here.

Bet you will be glad to have your 8x back
    yup. I work in a free clinic for adolescents and young people. But I like to wear my slacks and a work shirt to look professional. I do wear my jeans and work shirt on Fridays and Saturdays though. I iron my own clothes though as dry cleaning is too expensive. I've got a customer service training in midtown Manhattan the next two days so it is good to be out of the office. 😊
    09-10-2013 07:05 AM
    You know I've always found the term 'Queens English' rather weird. So when the Queen dies it will become the 'Kings English'. Having lived in the UK for over two years now, I can tell I'm not entirely sure how many people actually are speaking English... Some accents are just wow.... That and some of the sentence structures are so different than what I used in Canada.
    The funny tthing is that there is NO SUCH THING AS THE QUEEN'S OR KING'S ENGLISH. Everyone who speaks English uses an accent. Cockney may be the closest to the Queen's English, but I suspect, just like here in America, the only people who use the Queen's English are politicians and actors, and the Queen herself.
    09-10-2013 07:08 AM
    Anyone having phone issues today??

Cant get anything to sync on my phone even on wifi and with a full signal - no people feed - no twitter or facebook - no xbox games or music - no email - and the store isn't accepting the updates.

And yes I have rebooted the phone...
    09-10-2013 07:09 AM
    The funny tthing is that there is NO SUCH THING AS THE QUEEN'S OR KING'S ENGLISH. Everyone who speaks English uses an accent. Cockney may be the closest to the Queen's English, but I suspect, just like here in America, the only people who use the Queen's English are politicians and actors, and the Queen herself.
    Yeah and I bet she only uses that when shes out in public - I bet shes as common as muck behind closed doors.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:10 AM
    Anyone having phone issues today??

Cant get anything to sync on my phone even on wifi and with a full signal - no people feed - no twitter or facebook - no xbox games or music - no email - and the store isn't accepting the updates.

And yes I have rebooted the phone...
    Damn. Wait, by saying you've rebooted the phone, have you soft reseted it?
    09-10-2013 07:11 AM
    PS/2 plug????? How old is your computer??? I hate cords. I have too many of them on my desk and wireless mouse is better for CAD work.
    naaa, almost every PC got ps/2 connector, even the newest ones :p I'm using it because 2 USB ports are damaged and 4 others are frequently in use, that's why I plugged my mouse to ps/2. ;) however one of my PC's is 6yrs old, and another one is 9yrs old. Of course I kept improving their parts. On the first one I store important personal data - pictures, documents, videos and on the second one.... well, secret things and projects ;) + a lot useful tools, cracks, copies, files, drivers, installers, serial keys/passwords, updates, patches, tips&tricks (txt files) and more... It's a huge treasure house. :p
    09-10-2013 07:14 AM
    Damn. Wait, by saying you've rebooted the phone, have you soft reseted it?
    Yes done the standard on/off and a soft reset as well.

Have tweeted O2 to see whats up
    09-10-2013 07:17 AM
    Well that's like anywhere. They have their slang, then they have to grow up at some stage. :P
    Yeah and you don't even want to get started on how the youth of today speak - especially in London. My goodness.
    The issue is that there are some youth who grow up in age but never drop the slang. Always hilarious when hearing some people over 40 use that lingo...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:25 AM
    hmm problem solved. A third soft reset has sorted all the issues.

Normal service has resumed, third times a charm I guess.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-10-2013 07:28 AM
    hmm problem solved. A third soft reset has sorted all the issues.

Normal service has resumed, third times a charm I guess.
    Good to hear that things are working. :)
    09-10-2013 07:32 AM
    Urgh, why is the nexus 4 + nexus 7 with Ubuntu so appealing?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:32 AM
    Urgh, why is the nexus 4 + nexus 7 with Ubuntu so appealing?
    I dont know, maybe its the fact that it doesn't run Android? :P

Just kidding, Those devices are very tempting for their price, and I personally like the Nexus 4 and the new 7's design quite a lot. :)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:36 AM
    I dont know, maybe its the fact that it doesn't run Android? :P

Just kidding, Those devices are very tempting for their price, and I personally like the Nexus 4 and the new 7's design quite a lot. :)
    I like android when it was 2.1 clair the best version of android!
    09-10-2013 07:48 AM
    Anyone seen any reviews from the so called tech jounos on Windows 8.1 yet. Seeing as its been released.

Or as bias will persist, are they all ignoring it in favour of apples yearly thinner, lighter, more powerful, still does the same update?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:56 AM
    Anyone seen any reviews from the so called tech jounos on Windows 8.1 yet. Seeing as its been released.

Or as bias will persist, are they all ignoring it in favour of apples yearly thinner, lighter, more powerful, still does the same update?
    I haven't seen any reviews on W8.1 yet. I expect bias and all those people who were crying over the Start button go be ecstatic though. Then those who hate the Start screen will have the option to bypass it now and go straight to Desktop so that they never have to do anything 'different' or experience something 'new' because that's bad. Unless it's made by Apple of course.
    09-10-2013 08:08 AM
    What is to review about 8.1? Been using it all day. It is faster than the 8.1 Preview, if anyone is interested to know. Hardware is Acer S3.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    09-10-2013 08:29 AM
    What is to review about 8.1? Been using it all day. It is faster than the 8.1 Preview, if anyone is interested to know. Hardware is Acer S3.

09-10-2013 08:29 AM
    Maybe some of the improvements of the system? Whether it works better than W8. Does it do things better, worse? That's what reviews are for. Is it available for download for PCs or is it just WRT?
    09-10-2013 08:30 AM
    I haven't gone to college since 5 days because i wanted to explore my Lumia 520 and Windows Phone. Got it on Thursday.
    09-10-2013 08:31 AM
    Sigh...always never liked travelling at this time of rush hour...AMTRAK has priority for of course we have to sit and wait until they pass through...
    09-10-2013 08:32 AM
    Sigh...always never liked travelling at this time of rush hour...AMTRAK has priority for of course we have to sit and wait until they pass through...
    I find the term 'rush hour' funny these days, it's more like 'rush hours'...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2013 08:33 AM
    I haven't gone to college since 5 days because i wanted to explore my Lumia 520 and Windows Phone. Got it on Thursday.
    5 days to check out a phone??? What were you doing with it?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2013 08:34 AM
    Whenever this happens, it means that the train that I'm on usually crawls into NYC - yup, literally run at a slower speed. I've seen this 15-20min ride turn into an hour before. That's a real asspain, if you ask me...
    09-10-2013 08:35 AM
    I have the ISO 64-bit from my MSDN subscription. I upgraded my 8 from this ISO and already removed the Preview. People is cosmetically different but functionally the same. Other built-in apps don't show significant difference from Preview.

09-10-2013 08:36 AM
145,180 ... 257258259260261 ...