The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    All I'd want is Quiet Hours actually. Now I just turn of vibration manually (what is much easier with WP8.1, before I always had to go into the settings), but I'd still like to have a white list that people can reach me in an emergency.

I don't talk to my phone. For Swiss people it's strange anyway, even when there's a German version released. It would never understand our dialect, and speaking in "high" German to a phone is just uncomfortable.
    I use Cortana only occasionally at home. I would never use it in public. Just not me. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2014 04:22 AM
    I use Cortana only occasionally at home. I would never use it in public. Just not me. :P
    I usually type, not talk. I wouldn't talk to my phone in public either.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-15-2014 04:51 AM
    I usually type, not talk. I wouldn't talk to my phone in public either.
    It does seem a bit weird to do that still.

Since Cortana doesn't fully work over here yet I don't find it very useful. I haven't tried it since the update. It doesn't seem to do anything with my emails or my travel plans.
    05-15-2014 04:54 AM
    I don't see a difference in my battery 🔋
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140516_0001.png  
    05-15-2014 05:34 AM
    Have received my messages?
    05-15-2014 05:35 AM
    Morning folks. Updated the 925 last night. Transitions seems a lot cleaner and faster. Even Xbox Music loads quicker too. Gonna test out the battery life today. But based on first impressions this has a much closer to final release feel than the previous update.
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    05-15-2014 05:48 AM
    Morning folks. Updated the 925 last night. Transitions seems a lot cleaner and faster. Even Xbox Music loads quicker too. Gonna test out the battery life today. But based on first impressions this has a much closer to final release feel than the previous update.
    I have to agree there. I had always questioned the first release as being RTM. There's still features missing that I thought they were going to include though.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-15-2014 05:51 AM
    I don't see a difference in my battery 
    My battery is after 5 hours still at 84 %. That's an incredible improvement, usually it would be at around 65 % or so. I didn't use Whatsapp often though, still, it feels like it is much better.
    05-15-2014 06:06 AM
    I have to agree there. I had always questioned the first release as being RTM. There's still features missing that I thought they were going to include though.
    MSFT is always MIA when it comes to "features missing that I always thought they would include". It's been the m.o. since WP7 as they 🏃 on their own calendar time wise.

On the hardware scene, that 930 looks more and more appealing. The card slot thing may not be such as issue for me because of how Sony has made their SIM tray as a solid back and inverted. That means as long as I get a very good adapter - my repair guys sells those - I can switch from nano to Micro SIM a bit more easily. Would rather have the same style card slot, it this is an important improvement.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-15-2014 06:09 AM
    To be honest, I wouldn't see a reason to buy the 930. The only real advantages it has over the 8X are the bigger screen and the better camera.

Both is good enough for me. Even if the 930 wasn't just a late international release of the Icon, this would prevent me from buying it soon. And my 8X just had all the important parts replaced, it's practically new.

Only when its price is reduced by quite a bit I will think about it.
    05-15-2014 06:18 AM
    My battery is after 5 hours still at 84 %. That's an incredible improvement, usually it would be at around 65 % or so. I didn't use Whatsapp often though, still, it feels like it is much better.
    Yup,I have also felt improvements in battery consumption. :)
    05-15-2014 07:05 AM
    Yeah sure.
    05-15-2014 07:12 AM
    MSFT is always MIA when it comes to "features missing that I always thought they would include". It's been the m.o. since WP7 as they 🏃 on their own calendar time wise.

On the hardware scene, that 930 looks more and more appealing. The card slot thing may not be such as issue for me because of how Sony has made their SIM tray as a solid back and inverted. That means as long as I get a very good adapter - my repair guys sells those - I can switch from nano to Micro SIM a bit more easily. Would rather have the same style card slot, it this is an important improvement.
    I'm not really interested in the L930 myself. I'll wait and see what else comes along. I'm slightly disappointed they're releasing 512MB devices again. Seems like a silly move to me. I won't hold my breath hoping Nokia releases an 'amazing' handset as there's always 'something' missing with their handsets. So I may not get a Nokia this time round. I may not get a WP. Don't know. Too confused really.

As for missing features, I refer to this list: Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central

If those are the features we're supposed to have with WP8.1 there's quite a few still missing with DP WP8.1 I'm also disappointed with the lack of reply with document attachments unless the file picker/file manager comes along and gives us this ability.
    05-15-2014 07:23 AM
    I think my 810 still feels the the same , regarding the UI

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    05-15-2014 07:24 AM
    To be honest, I wouldn't see a reason to buy the 930. The only real advantages it has over the 8X are the bigger screen and the better camera.

Both is good enough for me. Even if the 930 wasn't just a late international release of the Icon, this would prevent me from buying it soon. And my 8X just had all the important parts replaced, it's practically new.

Only when its price is reduced by quite a bit I will think about it.
    Actually for me the advantages are, better internals, better camera, more storage, bigger screen and better camera. The audio on the 8X still slays anything on WP because Beats is actually a plus, not a minus (and the built it amp makes sound still good with Beats turned off).

I can still pass on the 930 because I have a bigger card I the Z Ultra and I still love both form factors of the 8X and 925. If MSFT doesn't find a way to tweak the OS or add apps to take advantage of the extra horsepower, then upgrading a handset doesn't have as many advantages.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-15-2014 07:24 AM
    Actually for me the advantages are, better internals, better camera, more storage, bigger screen and better camera. The audio on the 8X still slays anything on WP because Beats is actually a plus, not a minus (and the built it amp makes sound still good with Beats turned off).

I can still pass on the 930 because I have a bigger card I the Z Ultra and I still love both form factors of the 8X and 925. If MSFT doesn't find a way to tweak the OS or add apps to take advantage of the extra horsepower, then upgrading a handset doesn't have as many advantages.
    Exactly! That's why I don't see an advantage in the better internals of the 930 for now :)
    05-15-2014 07:27 AM
    I'm not really interested in the L930 myself. I'll wait and see what else comes along. I'm slightly disappointed they're releasing 512MB devices again. Seems like a silly move to me. I won't hold my breath hoping Nokia releases an 'amazing' handset as there's always 'something' missing with their handsets. So I may not get a Nokia this time round. I may not get a WP. Don't know. Too confused really.

As for missing features, I refer to this list: Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central

If those are the features we're supposed to have with WP8.1 there's quite a few still missing with DP WP8.1 I'm also disappointed with the lack of reply with document attachments unless the file picker/file manager comes along and gives us this ability.
    Whoa. That is a lot using from this update . Most it seems that it's firmware related . Minus the file manager

05-15-2014 07:33 AM
    Whoa. That is a lot using from this update . Most it seems that it's firmware related . Minus the file manager

I think I'm getting used to Sahibisms... I actually understood that...
    sahib lopez and Chregu like this.
    05-15-2014 07:37 AM
    I would be happy with an 810 successor :p

05-15-2014 07:38 AM
    Well today I'm a little panicked, excited and tired all in one.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-15-2014 07:38 AM
    I think I'm getting used to Sahibisms... I actually understood that...
    The ways of sahib is getting to you . Never think you will know you will be saying dodge dart :o

05-15-2014 07:39 AM
    Well today I'm a little panicked, excited and tired all in one.
    That's a handful of feeling you got there :o

05-15-2014 07:40 AM
    The ways of sahib is getting to you . Never think you will know you will be saying dodge dart :o

No. That won't happen. They don't exist here to start with, most people don't like cheap American cars here. :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-15-2014 07:40 AM
    No. That won't happen. They don't exist here to start with, most people don't like cheap American cars here. :P
    They do have the fiats ;) it's sort of like the dodge dart !

05-15-2014 07:42 AM
    They do have the fiats ;) it's sort of like the dodge dart !

I said cheap American cars, I said nothing about cheap Italian cars. :P
    05-15-2014 07:43 AM
142,808 ... 26002601260226032604 ...