WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As a Sony Xperia Z Ultra user (yes, that's BP you hear clapping wildly in the back when I said that), that's a nice option to have if you like Android, and want a big screen device that's has some,flair with it and isn't made by Samsung. Personally, I like doing the demo of sticking the Z Ultra under a thundering faucet and wiping it off and making a call afterwards to show off its waterproofing.

Good thing with Android you've got a ton of choices of you don't want to go the Samsung route....Sony, HTC, LG and Moto have nice offerings.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini now costs 250 Swiss Francs. That's really almost nothing. The Nexus 5 is 380. The HTC One Mini 400, but only blue and red is available and I wouldn't buy a colored phone. The Moto X black costs 410. I have to look into that. Then the Sony Z1 Compact is 470. That's too expensive with this competition.

Moto X has bad camera and battery it seems. Other reviews say the camera is okay and the battery is good.

The Lumia 1020 costs 550. The Lumia 925 costs 399. They increased the price of the 930 to 600. What's the difference between the 630 and 635? They both cost almost nothing, but they are too low-end for me.

You can get the 8S for 100 ;-)

If you look at the prices and availability, Android has the Nexus 5, the One Mini and the Moto X that would interest me, and also the S4 Mini due to the low price. Windows Phone has the 925...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I updated the 5c to 7.1. The 5s is still jailbroken on 7.0.6. I still love my blue 5c but I'm already considering selling my 5s...

Ah yes, then there would be iOS. I love iOS on my iPad, however the 5s starts at 690 (for that I get a brand new HTC One 8M) and I wouldn't consider buying an overexpensive 5C (which is only 100 less), basically an iPhone 5 in a cheap shell ;-)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

My musical interests are: Alternative, rock, dubstep, and sometimes music from anime.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't feel cheap at all though to be honest. It's got more substance and feels sturdy to me. I can use it with little to nothing on it, where I cannot do that with the 5s. The aluminum gets damaged easily and the phone weighs next to nothing...

Yes, I know, I was exaggerating. But still, if I'd get a 5S for 100 Swiss Francs more, with a far better technology, I'd never buy the 5C. And the iPhone is just too expensive for its age. In this case I'd rather buy a current high-end Android.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My thing is I'm still paying T-Mobile on my Note 3 but I really don't want the phone anymore. I owe about 200 still. X_X so I was thinking of finding something I like but they don't have many WP...

I think this is really worrying, as you see, the only Windows Phone I'd buy right now is the Lumia 925. Just because it's beautiful and doesn't cost too much.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I updated the 5c to 7.1. The 5s is still jailbroken on 7.0.6. I still love my blue 5c but I'm already considering selling my 5s...

•Sent from space using Tapatalk.•

0.o don't you love the new touch ID , A7 chipset , for me iPhone 5c is just a plastic body iPhone 5 btw in which windows phone are you interested ;)
I have a Lumia 920 and an iPad 3(soon I will get Acer ionia w4)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I have really no problems, no problems at all. Might be because I don't install every crap app I find, I don't know. I have quite a few apps and some interactive widgets like Spotify and everything is fast and nice. The only issue: The phone gets hot when using Google Chrome. That's somehow stupid.

With all the negativity and comparisons in this forum I really don't feel motivated to stay with Windows Phone. There are three fractions in this forum. The ones who say: "There might be limitations with Windows Phone, but it's a great experience and I don't need more." Then there are the ones that cry: "Windows Phone is the best ever, I don't care about other opinions and have no real arguments!!!" and the critical ones. And the last group is getting pretty big.

Is the critical group really getting that big? Or is it the same group of posters posting in more threads and liking each others each and every post. I'm not saying a critical group doesn't exist, but having to monitor things and keep track of it, it's usually the usual suspects in many of the threads. Soon as you see a thread started by them, you know what is coming, and who is responding. And most of the time they have an agenda when they start the thread.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Is the critical group really getting that big? Or is it the same group of posters posting in more threads and liking each others each and every post. I'm not saying a critical group doesn't exist, but having to monitor things and keep track of it, it's usually the usual suspects in many of the threads. Soon as you see a thread started by them, you know what is coming, and who is responding. And most of the time they have an agenda when they start the thread.

Yes, it could be that those are just the people screaming the loudest.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Finger print scanner is meh. 64 bit processor isn't even fully utilized at all, it's a waste really. The M7 coprocessor is great except... Well... I never exercise or do anything that would make use of it.

I'm actually considering holding off for the 835. It's got a pretty green shell. I'd love to get my hands on it.

I'm thinking I just want some color in my life. I wear black to work, in my personal time too. My car is black, blanket on my bed is black...

My 5c is blue. It reminds me of sky and water and brings a silly smile to my face. That's worth every penny I paid to be honest. ^_^

Well, you could just buy new blankets and more colorful clothes. Then the phone wouldn't be the only colorful thing ;-)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it could be that those are just the people screaming the loudest.

And if they have a windows phone and are having problems, can't blame them. They always say unhappy users post more than users with no problems. What gets me is some of them don't even have a windows phone, they just come over to bash the system and plug theirs. Those are the ones I wish we could do away with. And the majority of them are android users.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And if they have a windows phone and are having problems, can't blame them. They always say unhappy users post more than users with no problems. What gets me is some of them don't even have a windows phone, they just come over to bash the system and plug theirs. Those are the ones I wish we could do away with. And the majority of them are android users.

No surprise there.

People just like to complain. People just like to hate on WP and MS as well. The internet is a funny place.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

No surprise there.

People just like to complain. People just like to hate on WP and MS as well. The internet is a funny place.

Many people become brave when they can be anonymous on the internet! MS brought it on themselves with their actions in the past. But they are not the same company now. But in the eyes of many they only see the old MS and won't give them a chance. It is what it is.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Many people become brave when they can be anonymous on the internet! MS brought it on themselves with their actions in the past. But they are not the same company now. But in the eyes of many they only see the old MS and won't give them a chance. It is what it is.

I love Office and Exchange. I also love Windows 7 and therefore what Windows 8 is becoming. The trouble with Windows Phone is, that it was too long just a small side project. Even now there are delays and delays. 8.1 should have been out ages ago, at least according to what was floating around in the internet (remember the Blue idea?). Also, Nokia is basically the only hardware partner that really put some effort into producing Windows Phones at the moment. And now is the time that new hardware should be released as the old generation is one and a half year old.

There are two high-end phones, the Lumia 1520 which is probably covering only a niche market anyway, and the 930 which is certainly a great phone but doesn't wow anybody. There's not even a solid mid-range announced, except the Galaxy S4 Windows Phone edition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss