Well, the C in iPhone 5C does not stand for Cheap after all 😒. That thing is still mighty expensive.

I am not an apple fan ( al though I fully intend to buy an iPad because Microsoft refuses to sell Surface in India) but it is good that apple has decided to stick to being a premium brand. That is how it is meant to be.
    09-11-2013 12:20 AM
    Well, the C in iPhone 5C does not stand for Cheap after all . That thing is still mighty expensive.

I am not an apple fan ( al though I fully intend to buy an iPad because Microsoft refuses to sell Surface in India) but it is good that apple has decided to stick to being a premium brand. That is how it is meant to be.
    Are you getting a regular iPad or an iPad Mini?
    09-11-2013 12:40 AM
    Good morning!

Running was good, except of the two ladies I met on the way back who were exactly as fast as I was. Both of them were even carrying stupid looking drinking bottles and talking all the time, they were also much smaller than I was, and still, they ran as fast as I did.

At that point I just imagined that they haven't run for 55 minutes previously, like I did, and they certainly had some breaks. Gotta protect my ego. But those two were fit, no denying.

al though I fully intend to buy an iPad because Microsoft refuses to sell Surface in India
    If I'd buy a tablet now I would always prefer a iPad to a Surface RT. They are good devices. However if I'd buy one now, I would wait for the refresh. The leaked iPad shells look fine with the thinner iPad Mini like bezel. But the waiting game can be annoying, I wait for good Haswell notebooks since summer and it seems I can get my hopes up for November ;)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 01:04 AM
    There is absolutely no way I could have done any running outside yesterday. It was 35o C here yesterday. The air-conditioned gym and the treadmill were nice, though.
    09-11-2013 01:12 AM
    Those who are very loyal towards Apple, don't want the latest specs, they want a phone that works.

Let's hope that stays with iOS 7. iOS 6 was pretty good.
    09-11-2013 01:20 AM
    There is absolutely no way I could have done any running outside yesterday. It was 35o C here yesterday. The air-conditioned gym and the treadmill were nice, though.
    That's terribly hot! Since last weekend temperatures dropped quite a bit here. From almost 30 to 14 today. But until the end of the week temperatures will rise to 20 again. Which are perfect early autumn temperatures in my opinion :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 01:22 AM
    I want 35C heat!

It was 10C down here and it's Spring! Spring!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 01:22 AM
    I want 35C heat!

It was 10C down here and it's Spring! Spring!!
    I will gladly exchange my weather for yours. Its 30C and 89% humidity here. It's too hot to step outside.
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    09-11-2013 01:33 AM
    Morning all. Hump day today. Let's hope it's a quick climb over the hill. :P
    09-11-2013 01:54 AM
    I'm not trying to say that 64 bit shouldn't be on phones. I just think it doesn't matter a thing for the iPhone at the moment. I much rather see Android as a candidate for the need of higher RAM, but as Android is Linux based it shouldn't be that hard for Google to provide a 64 bit version.
    You know something. I didn't realise you were talking about the new iPhone with regards to the 64 bit processor. I wasn't paying any attention at all to the release. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    09-11-2013 01:55 AM
    This morning was the dawning of a new era in mobile computing. Apple released a cheap iPhone!... .sort of. :P
    Chregu, mpt15 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-11-2013 01:56 AM
    I will gladly exchange my weather for yours. Its 30C and 89% humidity here. It's too hot to step outside.
    I don't miss the heat anymore (I lived in Brisbane Australia) and I sort of missed having seasons, though the UK seasons are a bit wacky compared to what I was used to. Also with the ability to take a short flight somewhere to get 'warmer' weather there's nothing to really complain about. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:05 AM
    I don't miss the heat anymore (I lived in Brisbane Australia) and I sort of missed having seasons, though the UK seasons are a bit wacky compared to what I was used to. Also with the ability to take a short flight somewhere to get 'warmer' weather there's nothing to really complain about. :)
    How hot does it get in Brisbane?
    09-11-2013 02:12 AM
    Well the 'coldest' temperature in the 'winter' was 18C. The hottest in summer can be around 40C but average 32-35C.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:14 AM
    It can get up to 40C on some days, and i've heard that's it's very humid too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:23 AM
    It can get up to 40C on some days, and i've heard that's it's very humid too.
    Yes it was usually around 80-90% humidity. Though that's not as bad as north Queensland. That was different.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:26 AM
    Morning all - since I seem to have started some weird breakfast trend yesterday I thought I'd share my weird breakfast today. A small slice of meringue. We literally don't have anything else in - going shopping today!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:30 AM
    I think the C in the iPhone 5C stand for Copied ;-)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:43 AM
    Looks like we have Apple Crumble - share price down -2.8%

And that's all im saying on the subject

Im more interested in the 1020 that gets released in the UK tomorrow - I love my 8x but damn if the prospect of 41mpx pictures isn't appealing
    N_LaRUE, Muessig, BIGPADDY and 3 others like this.
    09-11-2013 02:47 AM
    Morning all - since I seem to have started some weird breakfast trend yesterday I thought I'd share my weird breakfast today. A small slice of meringue. We literally don't have anything else in - going shopping today!
    What? No chocolate or anything to go with it??? What kind of breakfast is that! :P

I always believe in having oats or some cereal on hand for emergencies.
    09-11-2013 02:48 AM
    No chocolate or anything. I'm not sure you could even call it a breakfast. *adds oats and cereal to the shopping list*
    N_LaRUE, mpt15, BIGPADDY and 1 others like this.
    09-11-2013 02:51 AM
    Looks like we have Apple Crumble - share price down -2.8%

And that's all im saying on the subject

Im more interested in the 1020 that gets released in the UK tomorrow - I love my 8x but damn if the prospect of 41mpx pictures isn't appealing
    It will be interesting to see how the 1020 goes here. There hasn't been much news on it. If it's light enough my wife might consider it as she's the better photographer. I'm not that great.

I'll wait on upgrading until next year. I have to see what happens with WP8.1 first.

As for Apple, well it wasn't all that thrilling but there are people here who are chuffed with the news of a 64 bit processor and the finger scanner. Great innovations... o.O
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:52 AM
    At work with my new wallpaper on the phone SWAG!
    09-11-2013 02:58 AM
    It will be interesting to see how the 1020 goes here. There hasn't been much news on it. If it's light enough my wife might consider it as she's the better photographer. I'm not that great.

I'll wait on upgrading until next year. I have to see what happens with WP8.1 first.

As for Apple, well it wasn't all that thrilling but there are people here who are chuffed with the news of a 64 bit processor and the finger scanner. Great innovations... o.O
    Seriously?? Your pictures blow away most of the ones ive seen on here. You have an eye for a good photo - Unless of course your wife took them.

Yeah - my head is telling me to wait till 8.1 as well - but something is niggling at me that the 1020 is going to be the pinnacle on smartphone cameras for a while. I may well see out my contract and upgrade next October then pick up a 1020 sim free cheap for when I plan on going sightseeing or on holiday.
    Muessig and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-11-2013 02:59 AM
    Seriously?? Your pictures blow away most of the ones ive seen on here. You have an eye for a good photo - Unless of course your wife took them.

Yeah - my head is telling me to wait till 8.1 as well - but something is niggling at me that the 1020 is going to be the pinnacle on smartphone cameras for a while. I may well see out my contract and upgrade next October then pick up a 1020 sim free cheap for when I plan on going sightseeing or on holiday.
    The pictures are mine. LOL! I get lucky occasionally. My wife is way better, where I get two to three shots that are good, hers is usually 80-90%.

If I was to get a 1020 I would personally wait until it was unlocked and SIM free. I have no desire to have any connection to any carrier as I think they are all scum for mucking about with the updates.
    09-11-2013 03:12 AM
144,469 ... 264265266267268 ...