That's not a way to argue... :/

Well the mods close the thread when they feel the discussion is going nowhere. It's seems it got to that point.

W8 is a good ideas that was implemented poorly. W8.1 update 1 had fixed most of the issues but still far from perfect.
    It was very good she closed the thread. I was actually all done with the discussion, the discussion was done. But this guy started all over again dismissing all points that were made previously and stating again that people who don't like Windows 8 are just slow to adapt and behind, learn resistant and can't adjust to the technical progression. I can't just not write a response to this...

And I agree with all your points.
    05-22-2014 01:19 AM
    There was an update for the Swiss public transport app. This is one of the apps I would see a reason to switch platform for, but it's very well maintained on Windows Phone.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-22-2014 01:37 AM
    It was very good she closed the thread. I was actually all done with the discussion, the discussion was done. But this guy started all over again dismissing all points that were made previously and stating again that people who don't like Windows 8 are just slow to adapt and behind, learn resistant and can't adjust to the technical progression. I can't just not write a response to this...

And I agree with all your points.
    That's something I've heard before. I do agree that people got way too upset over the start menu. I'm actually a person who dislikes it. I personally think the start screen is more effective but I'm not a fan of the charms.

I also don't use the metro apps unless I have to. There's nothing I've found that I need from them.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-22-2014 01:39 AM
    Prison Pen-Pals, write a prisoner.

That was just an ad in one of my apps. It shows me again why I usually prefer buying an app to seeing advertisements, and it surprises me that there are enough people wanting to write a prisoner they don't know, so that they put ads on my phone...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-22-2014 02:25 AM
    Prison Pen-Pals, write a prisoner.

That was just an ad in one of my apps. It shows me again why I usually prefer buying an app to seeing advertisements, and it surprises me that there are enough people wanting to write a prisoner they don't know, so that they put ads on my phone...
    Nothing really surprises me anymore...

In a way it's supposed to help 'normalize' prisoners I think but who knows? Apparently some of the worse criminals in the US get lots of mail. It's a bit weird.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-22-2014 02:48 AM
    Nothing really surprises me anymore...

In a way it's supposed to help 'normalize' prisoners I think but who knows? Apparently some of the worse criminals in the US get lots of mail. It's a bit weird.
    There was recently a case in Switzerland. I don't remember very well, but I think it was a girl writing to a prisoner, and when he got released they met and he killed her. Back then there was a lot of articles about this, a lot of women seem to write prisoners, and often the "I might be able to save him!" effect comes into play.

But I'm also sure that getting mail can help prisoners to cope and to adjust.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-22-2014 02:58 AM
    There was recently a case in Switzerland. I don't remember very well, but I think it was a girl writing to a prisoner, and when he got released they met and he killed her. Back then there was a lot of articles about this, a lot of women seem to write prisoners, and often the "I might be able to save him!" effect comes into play.

But I'm also sure that getting mail can help prisoners to cope and to adjust.
    There's probably many stories like that in the US unfortunately. :/
    05-22-2014 03:02 AM
    Not much happening here.

My old school experiments worked, I have the product I need. This afternoon I will electroporate them, bam!
    05-22-2014 03:55 AM
    Not much happening here.

My old school experiments worked, I have the product I need. This afternoon I will electroporate them, bam!
    Sounds like fun???
    05-22-2014 04:02 AM
    Sounds like fun???
    It's giving the bacteria an electrical pulse that they take up foreign DNA. Imagining what happens to the cells is more fun than doing it though ;-)
    05-22-2014 04:04 AM
    It's giving the bacteria an electrical pulse that they take up foreign DNA. Imagining what happens to the cells is more fun than doing it though ;-)
    I did look up the definition as with a word like 'electro' in it usually indicates electricity so my curiosity got the better of me. So you're electrocuting cells. Cool.

How's your plans for London going?
    Chregu likes this.
    05-22-2014 04:06 AM
    I did look up the definition as with a word like 'electro' in it usually indicates electricity so my curiosity got the better of me. So you're electrocuting cells. Cool.

How's your plans for London going?
    Damn, I forgot about London. I have to talk to my girlfriend... we are just too easily distracted from everything when we are together. Young love I guess ;-)
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    05-22-2014 04:10 AM
    Damn, I forgot about London. I have to talk to my girlfriend... we are just too easily distracted from everything when we are together. Young love I guess ;-)
    I think everyone is the same. :P Though travel is important to me. :)

We don't normally plan too far ahead with our trips but this year we decided to for the first time to avoid hefty costs. We tend to be more last minute. We'll still do some extra trips to somewhere last minute though. :)

I'm going to be in London next Friday. Is there anything you'd like to to look into? I have four to five hours to wander around by myself.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-22-2014 04:19 AM
    I think everyone is the same. :P Though travel is important to me. :)

We don't normally plan too far ahead with our trips but this year we decided to for the first time to avoid hefty costs. We tend to be more last minute. We'll still do some extra trips to somewhere last minute though. :)

I'm going to be in London next Friday. Is there anything you'd like to to look into? I have four to five hours to wander around by myself.
    I'm more of a last minute person myself. However flights are just so much more cheap when booked very far in advance.

I don't really have an idea. But if you see something good let me know :)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-22-2014 04:24 AM
    I'm more of a last minute person myself. However flights are just so much more cheap when booked very far in advance.

I don't really have an idea. But if you see something good let me know :)
    LOL! There's lot's that is good in London. :P

I'm hanging around King's Cross area.
    05-22-2014 04:30 AM
    LOL! There's lot's that is good in London. :P

I'm hanging around King's Cross area.
    I know, I have briefly been there two times (once for a weekend, once just for a night) and I liked it both times very much ;-)

King's Cross (also written Kings Cross) is an area of central London bordering north-eastern Bloomsbury, divided between the Boroughs of Camden and Islington.
    These names just sound epic. The beginning of this Wikipedia article is like the beginning of a adventure story :D
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-22-2014 04:38 AM
    I know, I have briefly been there two times (once for a weekend, once just for a night) and I liked it both times very much ;-)

These names just sound epic. The beginning of this Wikipedia article is like the beginning of a adventure story :D
    There's lots to see in London but the whole of the UK is quite the adventure. :) So much history here. Are you a Beatles fan?
    05-22-2014 04:41 AM
    There's lots to see in London but the whole of the UK is quite the adventure. :) So much history here. Are you a Beatles fan?
    Not really. For a long time I only knew songs like "Yellow Submarine", "Let it be" and "Yesterday". They sound like children's songs to me. So I never really cared about them. Later I realized they did also some amazing music, but then I never bothered to really listen into it.
    05-22-2014 04:46 AM
    Not really. For a long time I only knew songs like "Yellow Submarine", "Let it be" and "Yesterday". They sound like children's songs to me. So I never really cared about them. Later I realized they did also some amazing music, but then I never bothered to really listen into it.
    I was only asking in case you wanted to do the Abbey Road crossing picture. :P It's not that far out of the centre and the bus trip is kind of nice.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-22-2014 04:49 AM
    I was only asking in case you wanted to do the Abbey Road crossing picture. :P It's not that far out of the centre and the bus trip is kind of nice.
    No, I don't think so... :)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-22-2014 06:12 AM
    No, I don't think so... :)
    Well not being a fan would mean you're not interested of course. :P

Hopefully the weather is nice when you decide to come. Our weather is quite unpredictable.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-22-2014 06:13 AM
    Hopefully the weather is nice when you decide to come. Our weather is quite unpredictable.
    Well, I think we'll be able to entertain ourselves when it's too bad ;-)

And I don't mind a little rain.

Looking forward to WWDC, now that I have an iPad ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-22-2014 06:31 AM
    Morning folks. Someone has to break up this two man weave between Rue and Chregu.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    05-22-2014 06:46 AM
    I'm still questing to try to find the best WP for my needs. I love how the Z Ultra has me covered for Android so well I'm not looking at anything else. I wish I could find a good camera and good audio on the same device...
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-22-2014 06:49 AM
    I'm still questing to try to find the best WP for my needs. I love how the Z Ultra has me covered for Android so well I'm not looking at anything else. I wish I could find a good camera and good audio on the same device...
    Maybe one of the new OEMs will have a WP that will work for you. It's possible Sony may still come to the party. Not sure though.

I'm still debating whether I stick to WP at this stage. It sometimes feels like eternity before anything gets released on this platform. Apps, OS updates, new phones.... I'm not getting any younger.

Oh well. I'll just wait and see.
    MSFTisMIA, Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    05-22-2014 06:59 AM
143,613 ... 26682669267026712672 ...