I should have did the same... We have a holiday on Monday as well and next week is a three day week for me. Then off to Prague! :D
    As I told my friend earlier, I've been fighting the call out bug all week. Just couldn't go in today. Besides, I'm back in school Wednesday and I needed the time to do some things around the apartment before the GF comes by for the weekend.

Plus I have one of my dear friend coming in town in 2 weeks. Need a moment to finish planning for her trip.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-23-2014 06:57 AM
    I just saw the Yahoo video on the Surface 3. It was good. Nice to see some positive things about the Surface considering most tech sites have dissed it.

The price is still way too much for my liking though. I understand it's a premium product but I'm not ready to dish out that kind of money as I don't need something that fancy.
    It seems to be a nice machine. If I wanted to be unencumbered, I would chuck my desktop and get one of these with an external hard drive for all my media files. Then run a wireless printer with it and I'm good to go.

However, I agree that it is still expensive. As much as I wished my T100 had a bit more RAM, it is getting the job done. At least the Surface Pro isn't as overrated as the MacBook Air...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-23-2014 07:08 AM
    I just saw the Yahoo video on the Surface 3. It was good. Nice to see some positive things about the Surface considering most tech sites have dissed it.

The price is still way too much for my liking though. I understand it's a premium product but I'm not ready to dish out that kind of money as I don't need something that fancy.
    Engadget was writing positively about it. Even though everybody hates Engadget in this forum ;-)

I didn't really read something else about it, it seems in Switzerland the non tech media don't care much about it. Probably because the Surface was not really a hit here. The Surface RT was only sold in one store, the Pro not at all if I remember correctly, not even by the online-stores. The Surface 2 and Pro 2 had a broader release, but I have never seen one.
    05-23-2014 07:26 AM
    Shu!! Is this true?
    wtf did I Just watched ????? Mod please let me type this in hinglish so that I and Nadia can talk about this serious issue , yeh nakurani hawaan hai , dayan >My god I cant believe this bechara baccha :( itne chote bache ko aise patak patak ke pjaenk rahe the koi isko iske baalo se pakad ke phanko tesre manzil se> Btw mujhe kuch samajh nahi aaya video me zyada coz yeh hindi me nahi the but from video I can very well see what was going on . She should be charged for insulting a child , sentenced to jail for at least 10 year , cheap lady.
    hope4wp and Guytronic like this.
    05-23-2014 07:44 AM
    wtf did I Just watched ????? Mod please let me type this in hinglish so that I and Nadia can talk about this serious issue , yeh nakurani hawaan hai , dayan >My god I cant believe this bechara baccha :( itne chote bache ko aise patak patak ke pjaenk rahe the koi isko iske baalo se pakad ke phanko tesre manzil se> Btw mujhe kuch samajh nahi aaya video me zyada coz yeh hindi me nahi the but from video I can very well see what was going on . She should be charged for insulting a child , sentenced to jail for at least 10 year , cheap lady.
    I have not the slightest idea what this is all about. But the show's background and big banners don't really indicate serious journalism. It seems to be more about having a sensational story that makes people angry for better ratings.

But then again, I don't know what it is about.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    05-23-2014 07:54 AM
    It seems to be a nice machine. If I wanted to be unencumbered, I would chuck my desktop and get one of these with an external hard drive for all my media files. Then run a wireless printer with it and I'm good to go.

However, I agree that it is still expensive. As much as I wished my T100 had a bit more RAM, it is getting the job done. At least the Surface Pro isn't as overrated as the MacBook Air...
    We use a laptop currently, wireless printing, scanning and NAS. Very handy. Thing is I can get a laptop for half the price with about the same power and I don't take my laptop anywhere. So the use of a Surface kind of loses it's appeal. If I needed that kind of capability then I would seriously consider it. I've tried to convince the wife to get one but she'd rather use a standard laptop as well as she thinks their too expensive as well. She likes the weight though.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-23-2014 08:02 AM
    We use a laptop currently, wireless printing, scanning and NAS. Very handy. Thing is I can get a laptop for half the price with about the same power and I don't take my laptop anywhere. So the use of a Surface kind of loses it's appeal. If I needed that kind of capability then I would seriously consider it. I've tried to convince the wife to get one but she'd rather use a standard laptop as well as she thinks their too expensive as well. She likes the weight though.
    For me I will pass on the Surface because of the fact that I still have use for my desktop. I'd like to update to 8.1 pro, get a new a TV, wireless keyboard, mouse and printer. My dream is to run the cable and desktop through one screen. Actually, I wanted to do that and to be able to upgrade the desktop to play DVDs and stream content. Kinda like making my one all in one at home.

Otherwise, I'd chuck the desktop, get a Surface and an Xbox One and an external drive.
    05-23-2014 08:23 AM
    Someone buy me the surface pro3...
    05-23-2014 08:27 AM
    I think a boss is always the best source for stuff like this. You just have to tell him why you really need it. I don't have any reasons, so he wouldn't get one for me ;-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-23-2014 08:31 AM
    I always like to watch shows like "How it is made", "factory made", "modern marvels", "food tech", etc. The mass production process of some of the things we take for granted is fascinating and yet sad at the same time when we don't take good care for the environment as we should.

Still, science is some cool **** indeed...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-23-2014 08:33 AM
    Still, science is some cool **** indeed...
    I like that you said science. Too many people like to segregate science from technology, which only goes to confuse people. Like when they separate science from engineering. It's completely idiotic. You can't do technology or engineering without science. Without science we would still be using rocks. :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-23-2014 08:55 AM
    I like that you said science. Too many people like to segregate science from technology, which only goes to confuse people. Like when they separate science from engineering. It's completely idiotic. You can't do technology or engineering without science. Without science we would still be using rocks. :P
    Some people are short sighted. Someone had to sit down and come up with the idea and work through the science to make it happen.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-23-2014 09:14 AM
    Some people are short sighted. Someone had to sit down and come up with the idea and work through the science to make it happen.
    I think people are too comfortable with the idea of technology and engineering and don't seem to realise that science stands behind it all. I blame the poor teaching of science in schools and some other 'institutions'.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-23-2014 09:20 AM
    Why is it that people choose a Monday or a Friday to jump in front of trains? :/
    05-23-2014 09:24 AM
    Big baseball playoff game today. If we win, we move on. If we lose, it's all over...

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk
    05-23-2014 10:48 AM
    Why is it that people choose a Monday or a Friday to jump in front of trains? :/
    That's not a good thing yo witness and day of the week :/ . Maybe it's Monday blues and friendly because they couldn't handle one more work week on Monday :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    05-23-2014 10:50 AM
    Big baseball playoff game today. If we win, we move on. If we lose, it's all over...

Game over :o . Meh you Guys will win ^.^

unstoppablekem likes this.
    05-23-2014 10:50 AM
    I want a tri-tip sandwich ^.^

05-23-2014 10:51 AM
    Game over :o . Meh you Guys will win ^.^

I hope! :D

05-23-2014 10:53 AM
    I hope! :D

not hope... you will ;)
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    05-23-2014 10:57 AM
    I have not the slightest idea what this is all about. But the show's background and big banners don't really indicate serious journalism. It seems to be more about having a sensational story that makes people angry for better ratings.

But then again, I don't know what it is about.
    I will give you a hint here , a stupid babysitter tortured infant during night time when family is away for work
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-23-2014 10:59 AM
    I will give you a hint here , a stupid babysitter tortured infant during night time when family is away for work
    wow I wonder why a person would do that to a baby :./ ? something is wrong with that lady
    05-23-2014 11:00 AM
    wow I wonder why a person would do that to a baby :./ ? something is wrong with that lady
    she must be frustrated ? or she needs a good psychiatrist :/
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-23-2014 11:03 AM
    That much I got. And I hope that she will be judged and punished for whatever she did.

All I was saying is that judged by the format of this TV show, they only add to the emotional load, they spin their story to make it "sensational". And it obviously works, I see you angry, I see you sad, I see you very agitated.

Personally I keep to newspapers that are established, serious and provide facts. Not some TV format that makes money on the viewers negative emotions. Even though these formats are very widespread these days. And they are mostly not too deliberate to tell you the truth in objective way.

However I have to admit that I don't know if this is really the case here, I'm just judging by how the show looks and your reaction.
    05-23-2014 11:10 AM
    she must be frustrated ? or she needs a good psychiatrist :/
    who knows . what ever she did , she had a justification for what ever she did. hope they find that out in court
    05-23-2014 11:15 AM
144,428 ... 26802681268226832684 ...