WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I am still lying in bed. However I put The Hobbits onto my iPad and I am watching now. It looks beautiful on the high resolution screen.

I liked the first one in the cinema but not the second one. Maybe I'll like it more this time if I don't fall asleep.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am still lying in bed. However I put The Hobbits onto my iPad and I am watching now. It looks beautiful on the high resolution screen.

I liked the first one in the cinema but not the second one. Maybe I'll like it more this time if I don't fall asleep.

I found the first one dragged a lot. I didn't see the second one because of that.

Then again, it is a reflection of the book. It's is slow moving. The other three were better because they shortened the books to a reasonable level. This three part movie nonsense for The Hobbit is a pure money grab.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll get into the beta fun tonight between assignments. I dont have much on the 925 so a full wipe is ok by me. Not doing that to my 8X though as I have some stuff on it I'd rather not lose.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

I don't think you will need a full wipe. My 810 transferred over everything without a single glitch. Just fiddling with the settings to get optimal performance took a bit of time. Since I learnt from the experience on the 810, the 8X was updated quickly and then optimized under 10 minutes.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I found the first one dragged a lot. I didn't see the second one because of that.

Then again, it is a reflection of the book. It's is slow moving. The other three were better because they shortened the books to a reasonable level. This three part movie nonsense for The Hobbit is a pure money grab.

It is a money grab, Peter Jackson should have quit while he was ahead. I decided not to watch either of the two Hobbit movies:)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just liked the atmosphere of the first one. The second one felt like a mix between a jump and run computer game, a love story written by a teenager and too many lame monologues of the dragon which I found much less impressive than everybody else...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Well you negotiate it however you want, just saying it may be a chance for you to get that 1520.

Nah! I need to save up money I've loads of things to buy....like beats pro, a gaming laptop, a tripod for my DSLR!! and a limited edition basketball!! Hehe I can wait for a new high end phone :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...funny-ish story. I have a coworker, who like Chregu is a HTC person for her phones. She's on VZW and her last 3 have been the Rezound, 8x and now the One (2013/M7) - with an eye to upgrade to the M8 in a few months when it gets cheaper. So she knows I use WP and always comes to be about questions. I did put Nokia Maps and Drive (I still think "Here!" sounds crooked) and those are the two she apps she uses the most.

So when she shows me her M7 she asks: "can you put that maps back on it again?" I tell her "that's a Nokia and Wp8 exclusive." She goes "OH GOD! What can I use now? That map and drive is So good!" So I told her to use it as a stand alone GPS (I think I put on either the NY+NJ+CT maps only or all the US maps) because she still carries her 8x around.

See, HTC needs a good high end WP8 model for people like my coworker. As much as she would complain about certain things for WP, she could be one of those who would stay. Hopefully MSFT picks up more of these folks who aren't interested in Nokia but like the platform enough.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think you will need a full wipe. My 810 transferred over everything without a single glitch. Just fiddling with the settings to get optimal performance took a bit of time. Since I learnt from the experience on the 810, the 8X was updated quickly and then optimized under 10 minutes.

I'll probably still do one because T-MO had tried to push through the settings for me to get the tethering to work on my 925 (amazingly enough, they still has BB BIS attached to me account when I haven't used a BB in 4 years). I know it may not help but I don't mind in this case.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So...funny-ish story. I have a coworker, who like Chregu is a HTC person for her phones. She's on VZW and her last 3 have been the Rezound, 8x and now the One (2013/M7) - with an eye to upgrade to the M8 in a few months when it gets cheaper. So she knows I use WP and always comes to be about questions. I did put Nokia Maps and Drive (I still think "Here!" sounds crooked) and those are the two she apps she uses the most.

So when she shows me her M7 she asks: "can you put that maps back on it again?" I tell her "that's a Nokia and Wp8 exclusive." She goes "OH GOD! What can I use now? That map and drive is So good!" So I told her to use it as a stand alone GPS (I think I put on either the NY+NJ+CT maps only or all the US maps) because she still carries her 8x around.

See, HTC needs a good high end WP8 model for people like my coworker. As much as she would complain about certain things for WP, she could be one of those who would stay. Hopefully MSFT picks up more of these folks who aren't interested in Nokia but like the platform enough.

We need a solid mid-range device, something of a blend between the 810 and 8X in terms of functionality and design but with high resolution 4.7" screen, microSD card support, 8MP camera with dual flash, LTE and a 2200 mAh battery. Everything the 635 should have been but is not going to be. Damn the Moto G sounds so good!!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd love an 9X or a HTC One Windows Phone edition. But not if they do it like Samsung, just releasing old hardware with Windows Phone. (For some unknown reasons they sell tons of Androids so they shouldn't care...)

I don't know if HTC can afford developing a great WP at the moment, most of all with the risks involved and the dominance of Nokia.

My head hurts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd love an 9X or a HTC One Windows Phone edition. But not if they do it like Samsung, just releasing old hardware with Windows Phone. (For some unknown reasons they sell tons of Androids so they shouldn't care...)

I don't know if HTC can afford developing a great WP at the moment, most of all with the risks involved and the dominance of Nokia.

My head hurts.

Bummer about the head. :/

I saw the new HTC 8M(?) the other day. Very nice looking. WP on that would be awesome. I would even consider getting one!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey Chregu,

Did you try installing the US keyboard as well? I think it may be a solution...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think that happens automatically, I just removed it as one English keyboard is enough.

I was just reading that the people with Lumias who have a similar issue as you installed the US keyboard first, then the language then the region. It seems to work.

Just a thought. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was just reading that the people with Lumias who have a similar issue as you installed the US keyboard first, then the language then the region. It seems to work.

Just a thought. :)

I'll try, I have nothing better to do. But I really think the problem lies deeper. Let's find out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss