Looking at alternatives for WhatsApp, searching for most used messengers in Switzerland.

First link, a representative survey stating that 91 % of Swiss people use this service. The alternative that's stated the most is not available on Windows Phone (Threema). Skype is not a possibility as many people go offline when not using it, for example my girlfriend.

So now I could just randomly install different messengers and see how many people in my contacts have it too. But that seems a little tedious.

So I'll just won't uninstall Whatsapp and hope it comes back.
    man that sucks :/ but may I ask ....why is whatsapp so important? cant you use SMS ? im genually interested in finding out why its important
    05-24-2014 03:03 PM
    If only Microsoft wouldn't be such a lazy *** and give the. Damn product key -_- that's why people download OS rather than buying it
    use the one under your computer ._. it still works
    05-24-2014 03:04 PM
    man that sucks :/ but may I ask ....why is whatsapp so important? cant you use SMS ? im genually interested in finding out why its important
    I can't send pictures per SMS, MMS is very, very expensive. My contract has only 50 free SMS, however it has 1 GB of free data.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:04 PM
    Moments like these make me happy that I have Spotify premium and just don't have to care about any of these issues.
    I can see the benefit but, I don't have unlimited data to stream music :/ that's why offline is the way to go for me
    Chregu likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:05 PM
    I can't send pictures per SMS, MMS is very, very expensive. My contract has only 50 free SMS, however it has 1 GB of free data.
    o.o huh that seems like a rip off . I just thought people use wahtsapp because everyone uses it
    05-24-2014 03:06 PM
    Looking at alternatives for WhatsApp, searching for most used messengers in Switzerland.

First link, a representative survey stating that 91 % of Swiss people use this service. The alternative that's stated the most is not available on Windows Phone (Threema). Skype is not a possibility as many people go offline when not using it, for example my girlfriend.

So now I could just randomly install different messengers and see how many people in my contacts have it too. But that seems a little tedious.

So I'll just won't uninstall Whatsapp and hope it comes back.
    There's wechat/viber i guess :/
    05-24-2014 03:06 PM
    I would chose viber over wechat :P just because I like the viber name more ;P
    05-24-2014 03:07 PM
    I can see the benefit but, I don't have unlimited data to stream music :/ that's why offline is the way to go for me
    Actually, you can make your music available offline. But I also have unlimited Spotify data. And it's just damn comfortable to have all the music always synchronized on all devices, and there's also a great web player for Spotify.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:07 PM
    o.o huh that seems like a rip off . I just thought people use wahtsapp because everyone uses it
    My contract is very cheap. I could upgrade to unlimited messages, but there's no reason to do it as I can send all messages over Whatsapp for the low price :)
    05-24-2014 03:08 PM
    I installed Viber a while ago. About 5 people or so were using it, nobody I regularly have contact with. I'm installing right now just to see if something changed.
    05-24-2014 03:09 PM
    Actually, you can make your music available offline. But I also have unlimited Spotify data. And it's just damn comfortable to have all the music always synchronized on all devices, and there's also a great web player for Spotify.
    that seems legit but I don't have enough data to stream music for 8 hrs a day also I would have to worry about the coverage issue :/
    05-24-2014 03:10 PM
    My contract is very cheap. I could upgrade to unlimited messages, but there's no reason to do it as I can send all messages over Whatsapp for the low price :)
    huh over here in the US, we have unlimited text( international text also) and talk has become the standard but data is limited :/ . maybe that's why the US posters here don't see the point for whatsapp but the rest of the world does see the need
    05-24-2014 03:12 PM
    that seems legit but I don't have enough data to stream music for 8 hrs a day also I would have to worry about the coverage issue :/
    I understand it's not for everybody, I don't want to convince you to use it. I'm just explaining why I like it :)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:13 PM
    I have Viber installed now. It's not an alternative, I'll remove it again. There are like 4 contacts using it I would even write, and if I write them I use Whatsapp like with the other 20 contacts I write to regularly.

For that I don't need the additional battery drain from background tasks...
    05-24-2014 03:14 PM
    I understand it's not for everybody, I don't want to convince you to use it. I'm just explaining why I like it :)
    I understand :) . its just one thing that I wish apple would let me use. its a pain converting them to MP3 and adding the tags to have a clean music player
    05-24-2014 03:15 PM
    I have Viber installed now. It's not an alternative, I'll remove it again. There are like 4 contacts using it I would even write, and if I write them I use Whatsapp like with the other 20 contacts I write to regularly.

For that I don't need the additional battery drain from background tasks...
    I hope msft and whatsapp gets their act together to fix this app
    05-24-2014 03:16 PM
    use the one under your computer ._. it still works
    Babe I'm not so dumb :p Don't you know windows 8 laptops don't have the product key sticker??? :p heck! We don't even know the product key :p it was somewhere in the bios i guess
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:18 PM
    I use whatsapp and that's it..... Sometimes it gives me a hard time! :(
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    05-24-2014 03:19 PM
    I use whatsapp and that's it..... Sometimes it gives me a hard time! :(
    High-five!
    hope4wp likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:20 PM
    Here's the thing! :(
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140524_0030.png  
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:21 PM
    Babe I'm not so dumb :p Don't you know windows 8 laptops don't have the product key sticker??? :p heck! We don't even know the product key :p it was somewhere in the bios i guess
    o.o ehhhh I forgot all about that >.< wow lol my bad
    05-24-2014 03:21 PM
    You should ask if the i7 model will get the Intel Broadwell chips. :)
    Would he answer something like that? I feel like that might be too sensitive of a topic to the Surface Pro line's development.
    Chregu likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:22 PM
    hardly anyone I know uses whatsapp :P . dang these Americans and their unlimited texting :P !
    sd173 likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:22 PM
    Would he answer something like that? I feel like that might be too sensitive of a topic to the Surface Pro line's development.
    well you get anything if you stand by and think about it :)
    05-24-2014 03:23 PM
    These are all the messages i get :p
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140524_0031.png  
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:25 PM
144,123 ... 26902691269226932694 ...