Nope...live near the 'hood so I don't need a phone they'd want to steal...
    Just use white gold no one would think it was gold apart from me.
    09-11-2013 06:02 PM
    Just use white gold no one would think it was gold apart from me.
    they see that apple home button on the front and that's a robbery thought. No thanks.
    09-11-2013 06:04 PM
    Headed to class. Will post 8X pictures later.
    09-11-2013 06:06 PM
    Headed to class. Will post 8X pictures later.
    It will be good to see pictures of the 8x! :)
    09-11-2013 08:27 PM
    wp_20130911_006.jpgwp_20130911_005.jpgwp_20130911_004.jpg

Here are the 8X pictures.
    LMZR, Laura Knotek, gedzum and 2 others like this.
    09-11-2013 09:41 PM
    Woah! Damn the 8x looks good! Is that a custom colour? I don't recall seeing that as an available colour! :)

It's hard to find one in red down here. :( They look really good in Red.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-11-2013 09:55 PM
    Woah! Damn the 8x looks good! Is that a custom colour? I don't recall seeing that as an available colour! :)

It's hard to find one in red down here. :( They look really good in Red.
    They look amazing in red. Verizon offered this color scheme (SIM tray was grey though) in their employee edition model. The problem with this current housing is that it doesn't support the wireless charging module, which is the biggest reason why I use a VZW 8X and not the t-mo version. I have a charge pad and with the wireless shell for my 810, that's how I charge both phones.
    There is also light bleeding through the bottom of the LCD, between where the bezel and the screen are. Again, these are somewhat minor niggles...it is in good enough shape now that the screen is repaired for it to be a daily driver type phone. I changed the housing because I liked this color scheme and wanted to use this as my daily model. Plus, the original blue housing was beat the hell up. But now with the wireless feature gone, I'm not sure.

Perhaps I keep it as is and just use it as my back up. Or getting another model and this is my spare in case of dire emergency type phone. Its a lot to think about now.
    09-11-2013 10:05 PM
    The issue too with HTC unibody models like the 8X is that you've got to make sure your replacement parts are on point because when you close them up and there's a defect, that's like death because they're hard to open up again because you risk damaging the screen. This grey housing was so hard to find. I was looking to initially convert it from a blue to a red model but liked the grey with yellow trims so much. Maybe it does have the wireless plate but it didn't connect right when it got refitted. I dunno. They did a good job in replacing the LCD, but maybe this was a pyrrhic repair and I should have simply stuck with changing the screen and kept the fading blue housing only in the first place...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2013 10:31 PM
    The issue too with HTC unibody models like the 8X is that you've got to make sure your replacement parts are on point because when you close them up and there's a defect, that's like death because they're hard to open up again because you risk damaging the screen. This grey housing was so hard to find. I was looking to initially convert it from a blue to a red model but liked the grey with yellow trims so much. Maybe it does have the wireless plate but it didn't connect right when it got refitted. I dunno. They did a good job in replacing the LCD, but maybe this was a pyrrhic repair and I should have simply stuck with changing the screen and kept the fading blue housing only in the first place...
    Oh well, at least your phone is working properly.
    09-11-2013 10:49 PM
    Oh well, at least your phone is working properly.
    It is running great so far...i'm actually typing my reply to your post on it. The screen is just so good for an LCD panel...I plan to test drive it tomorrow for the day and see what happens. Of all the things that annoy me is that bleeding light at the bottom, which means I may send it back to the shop and have them open her up again. This color scheme is perfect. Just wished that there was no light bleeding at the bottom, the up volume button and the wireless charging worked. 😊
    09-11-2013 11:18 PM
    Looks great, big dawg!! I LOVE the look and feel of HTC's. Really wish I trusted them more to support their devices...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-12-2013 12:20 AM
    Looks great, big dawg!! I LOVE the look and feel of HTC's. Really wish I trusted them more to support their devices...
    Thanks. I love it. Seriously. I wished that HTC actually had gone with this two toned looked in the first place for the 8X to make it different than the 920. They certainly had the right idea with the 8S. Grey housing with red buttons, SIM tray, speaker grille and camera tray, a white 8X with black trims or a black 8X with white trims, a blue with white trims, etc. It would have popped even more.

HTC is great with design but are too busy trying to make money with Android and be like Apple and Samsung. To me, all I would have done with the 8X is the following:

- Put in a 2000MAH battery
    - Wireless charging on all models
    - Pick a few of the color combos: all white with black trims, full blue, full black, grey with yellow trims, red with grey trims.
    - 32GB internal
    - Put the HTC camera app from the 8XT as a OEM lens and update it
    - Put out an equalizer on the Beats Audio as a system app

I would not use a Nokia if this was what the 8X was really like at launch.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-12-2013 12:40 AM
    Morning. It's a wonderful day this morning. Blue sky, warm sunshine, cool breeze... If I was living somewhere else that is. However I don't mind the grey misty morning I find myself in. Suits my mood.
    09-12-2013 02:15 AM
    I wish it were cooler here. It's currently 23C at 02:19.
    09-12-2013 02:19 AM
    The Asus T100 for presentations and as a tablet, a good desktop for at home. How does that sound?

Have to look into that thing sometime.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-12-2013 02:45 AM
    Morning. It's a wonderful day this morning. Blue sky, warm sunshine, cool breeze... If I was living somewhere else that is. However I don't mind the grey misty morning I find myself in. Suits my mood.
    Ha, it's grey here also. But a brisk walk outside will wake me up plenty.
    09-12-2013 03:12 AM
    Ouch. That sounds a bit too hot to sleep.
    09-12-2013 03:12 AM
    The Asus T100 for presentations and as a tablet, a good desktop for at home. How does that sound?

Have to look into that thing sometime.
    I took a quick look at it on WPC. It's good machine for basic tasks but I wouldn't use it for much else. If you have any intensive applications it will pretty much be pointless.
    09-12-2013 03:16 AM
    I took a quick look at it on WPC. It's good machine for basic tasks but I wouldn't use it for much else. If you have any intensive applications it will pretty much be pointless.
    It should be able to show a 40 MB PowerPoint presentation on an external screen/beamer without lags...
    09-12-2013 03:18 AM
    Ouch. That sounds a bit too hot to sleep.
    A/C is a good thing. However it all comes down to if there's a good breeze or not. One of the things I don't miss about Australia was the hot nights and the need for A/C just to sleep.
    09-12-2013 03:19 AM
    It should be able to show a 40 MB PowerPoint presentation on an external screen/beamer without lags...
    Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. It's this thing right? Asus announces the T100: Windows 8.1 device with 11 hours of battery life just for $349 | Windows Phone Central
    09-12-2013 03:21 AM
    Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. It's this thing right? Asus announces the T100: Windows 8.1 device with 11 hours of battery life just for $349 | Windows Phone Central
    Yes, exactly. Haven't found a list of the ports and I don't know if it supports a external screen, but I just assume so.

This is the new Atom, isn't it? Should be twice as fast as the old one, but I don't know if it's enough for large PowerPoint files...
    09-12-2013 03:27 AM
    Hey guys, morning everyone! No stories of strange breakfasts today.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-12-2013 03:32 AM
    Yes, exactly. Haven't found a list of the ports and I don't know if it supports a external screen, but I just assume so.

This is the new Atom, isn't it? Should be twice as fast as the old one, but I don't know if it's enough for large PowerPoint files...
    Yes, for presentations, etc it should be good. It's an Atom quad core, not sure if it's the latest or not. It has micro HDMI. If you didn't look at link I put up it has all the ports listed. On the whole it looks pretty good.
    Chregu likes this.
    09-12-2013 03:38 AM
    Hey guys, morning everyone! No stories of strange breakfasts today.
    What? I was expecting more from you! I'm very disappointed now... :P
    Muessig likes this.
    09-12-2013 03:39 AM
145,251 ... 269270271272273 ...