WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Microsoft Lumia 920 sounds great! Nokia however is a global brand so getting rid of it might not be a good idea.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft Lumia 920 sounds great! Nokia however is a global brand so getting rid of it might not be a good idea.

We're not discussing this here. I'm just pasting the news. Also the Lumia brand will go with the Nokia name too. It's gone, get over it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Fear not, people! I am here to enlighten you and provide witty banter.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

But you've been doing it without me.. so now we have a trio to banter wittily!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Again it seems my colleagues will have no coffee break and I'll have to eat my afternoon apple on my own once more.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Okay I have this ram:

Patriot Sector 5 Series PC3-12800 1600MHz Dual Channel (PGV34G1600ELK)

My motherboard Asus P7p55D Pro is capable of running at double-data-rate through 2 slots on the motherboard for ram, but one of the slots of broken meaning it won't run double data rate anymore.

I need to replace my mobo at some point because of this, but I also want to upgrade my RAM to around 8-16 GB for future-proofing and so I don't have to upgrade it when I do upgrade my mobo (and CPU). So my predicament is... what's the cheapest good quality RAM I can get that's a reasonable size I'm looking for, and is DDR3 still the top standard?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Mobo has 4 DIMM channels for the RAM - just switch to the other 2 free channels??

DDR3 is good enough for general use - at the moment the expense of the DDR5 doesn't make up for the increase in memory.

Anything from Kingston or Corsair is pretty good quality

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Mobo has 4 DIMM channels for the RAM - just switch to the other 2 free channels??

DDR3 is good enough for general use - at the moment the expense of the DDR5 doesn't make up for the increase in memory.

Yeah I'm using it in the other 2 free channels but the remaining channels don't run on double-data-rate. Only 2 specific channels in combination will run like that. It sucks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was just thinking to myself. There was a time I cared about all the computer stuff. I used to know quite a bit but it's been so long that I built anything that I can't be bothered learning about it! I still have desires to build a media centre of some sort. Not sure about a table. :p

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, my day is moving slowly... Waiting on a tow truck who is 25 min late, turns out he got a flat tire... I swear, some days aren't worth the trouble. My car has a gas leak, apparently from the oil change/fuel filter replacement on Tues.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm having fun annoying all the whining people complaining about the MS acquisition of Nokia :devil:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, my day is moving slowly... Waiting on a tow truck who is 25 min late, turns out he got a flat tire... I swear, some days aren't worth the trouble. My car has a gas leak, apparently from the oil change/fuel filter replacement on Tues.

Woah. That's a **** start to the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786