o.o now the button will never be able to help button a shirt ever again D:....... ( im being over dramatic here )

I plan to put it back on. :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-05-2014 01:38 AM
    I'll be posting pictures in a bit. Need to get over the shock of going to work and the usual morning meeting.
    06-05-2014 01:40 AM
    I've planned not to take ultrasound
    06-05-2014 01:50 AM
    Good morning everybody!

I went for a run this morning, it was beautiful, and now I'm back at the lab. Let's see if my bacteria grew.

Good to have you back Monsieur La Rue.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    06-05-2014 02:06 AM
    Well, somebody in one of my classes just converted to Windows Phone. :D

I saw him searching up "Nokia Lumia 920" and browsing the Windows Phone app store through a web browser, we talked and he asked me about the customisation, and i told him about some of the new things coming in Windows Phone 8.1, colour me and him excited. :)
    06-05-2014 02:40 AM
    Well, somebody in one of my classes just converted to Windows Phone. :D

I saw him searching up "Nokia Lumia 920" and browsing the Windows Phone app store through a web browser, we talked and he asked me about the customisation, and i told him about some of the new things coming in Windows Phone 8.1, colour me and him excited. :)
    I guess you have to be a young person to get excited about customization. I'm indifferent to it. I just want my phone to work and be efficient.
    06-05-2014 02:49 AM
    Good morning everybody!

I went for a run this morning, it was beautiful, and now I'm back at the lab. Let's see if my bacteria grew.

Good to have you back Monsieur La Rue.
    Nice! What is your work exactly? Are you a student? :)
    06-05-2014 02:57 AM
    I like to upgrade my parts..... i prefer performance in a desktop
    Yeah me too, prefer a desktop over anything else, mainly because of the large screen :| My PC is pretty old though, bought it in 2007. Upgraded the ram and gpu. But the processor overheats a lot-It's a Pentium D. I can't seem to find a used core 2 Duo anywhere....
    06-05-2014 03:02 AM
    Nice! What is your work exactly? Are you a student? :)
    Glad you ask, I have taken my phone with me today: 8.2 km, 9.7 km/h. I've gotten much slower due to only running 2 times per week, but now with going to the fitness center additionally, I hope this will improve!

Oh, you didn't ask me about running...

I'm a PhD student on microbiology ;-)
    S Vaibhav and sahib lopez like this.
    06-05-2014 03:04 AM
    The Lumia 920? That's almost two years old. Are people still buying two years old Android phones?

Does that tell us something about the Lumia's quality or about the limited hardware available? ;-)
    06-05-2014 03:05 AM
    The Lumia 920? That's almost two years old. Are people still buying two years old Android phones?

Does that tell us something about the Lumia's quality or about the limited hardware available? ;-)
    Probably a cost issue. Getting something half decent with a limited budget. However I'm at the point where I wouldn't recommend the L920, though my battery didn't do too bad with all background tasks turn off while in Prague. I'd go for a L925 personally if looking at older hardware.

However, I do think you're right about the limited hardware selection.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-05-2014 03:20 AM
    this place are full of random comments, the comment are inside some comments too, so there were many comments on comments, commenting a comment is allowed, please quote this comment for comments in comments.
    06-05-2014 03:39 AM
    this place are full of random comments, the comment are inside some comments too, so there were many comments on comments, commenting a comment is allowed, please quote this comment for comments in comments.
    I could be wrong but I think you're trying to be funny... :P
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    06-05-2014 03:44 AM
    I could be wrong but I think you're trying to be funny... :P
    Maybe it would be if it actually made sense ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-05-2014 04:09 AM
    On my floor there was always this old guy in shabby clothes using the floor's copy machine. I always wondered who he is, I even thought about asking him.

Today I went to this poster session, and we were talking about the guest speakers and somebody said: "Well, this afternoon this Nobel prize winner will have a talk! I always wondered what he's copying on our floor."

Now I know who he is...
    06-05-2014 04:11 AM
    Glad you ask, I have taken my phone with me today: 8.2 km, 9.7 km/h. I've gotten much slower due to only running 2 times per week, but now with going to the fitness center additionally, I hope this will improve!

Oh, you didn't ask me about running...

I'm a PhD student on microbiology ;-)
    That's interesting! I've just completed my high school and was thinking of taking biotech or Mbbs. I've cracked both the entrance exams, and I need to choose between either. Which would you recommend? Or should I take Microbiology too? Is there any benefit of taking microbiology over Biotech? Sorry for the questions, please help me, just can't decide which path to take! :)
    06-05-2014 04:12 AM
    That's interesting! I've just completed my high school and was thinking of taking biotech or Mbbs. I've cracked both the entrance exams, and I need to choose between either. Which would you recommend? Or should I take Microbiology too? Is there any benefit of taking microbiology over Biotech? Sorry for the questions, please help me, just can't decide which path to take! :)
    I can't really answer these questions ;-)

Personally, I never understood why people want to become doctors. The working hours are terrible, you have to work shifts. You have to work heavily overtime. The pay isn't that great all things considered. Also you have to tell people that you unfortunately killed their relatives. And you can get sued for every little mistake. I have a few friends becoming doctors, and they say the biggest appeal is being a half-god in white, and many people do it because it's just family tradition or because it's prestigious to be a doctor.

I don't know much about biotech. Personally I think from a career point of view it's better than just to study molecular biology, as you are more on the developmental side of things, gain deeper insight into the techniques used in the industry. But as I said, I don't really know what such a course would offer, it's nothing you can study at my university.

Microbiology or Molecular Biology in general is great and a lot of fun to study, however the industry is saturated with great people, it's not too easy to find a job at the moment in this field. It also depends on whether you want to pursue a academic career or not. If you just study to have a good job in the future, I guess biotech would be better.
    06-05-2014 04:20 AM
    Well, being a medical doctor has one great advantage: You can prescribe yourself the drugs you need to cope with the job ;-)
    N_LaRUE and S Vaibhav like this.
    06-05-2014 04:25 AM
    When you're getting your PhD in science it's not like you're stuck in a specific field of study. It's only the starting point of your career. You're learning to become a scientist and from there you can decide where you want to go. It's more important being passionate about science and wanting to learn than about the specific topic you end up studying. Though you should be interested in the subject. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that you're making a decision for the rest of your life but you're not. You're deciding on a starting point. You have a long career ahead of you.

When you're young it's easy to think that you're making big decisions that effect you for the rest of your life and unfortunately the school system makes it's seem that way. It's never that simple or straightforward. You may start at one point and end up somewhere completely different. Don't stress about it. Just choose the subject matter based on your preference and what you want then enjoy your choice.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-05-2014 at 05:29 AM.
    06-05-2014 04:36 AM
    They say temperatures will raise to 33C in the next few days. That's terrible, I don't like the heat. Except I'm in holidays, eating a big ice cream and looking at the sea.
    N_LaRUE and kmji1957 like this.
    06-05-2014 04:41 AM
    They say temperatures will raise to 33C in the next few days. That's terrible, I don't like the heat. Except I'm in holidays, eating a big ice cream and looking at the sea.
    You could always come here. I don't think we're hitting those temps. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    06-05-2014 04:45 AM
    Man it's hard getting back into work mid week. :P
    06-05-2014 04:47 AM
    So I'm going to start posting some pics.

I'll start off with this night photo I took.

This is Charles Bridge towards Prague Castle.

wp_20140601_22_21_52_pro.jpg
    Chregu, kmji1957 and sahib lopez like this.
    06-05-2014 04:52 AM
    This is Old Town Square with the Astronomical Clock and the twin towers of the Church of Our Lady before Tyn. All the people are gathered to watch the clock that does a bit of a 'show' every hour.

wp_20140531_19_59_32_pro.jpg
    06-05-2014 04:55 AM
    The Fighting Giants at the gates of Prague Castle.

wp_20140602_15_03_14_pro.jpg
    06-05-2014 04:58 AM
144,463 ... 27492750275127522753 ...