I personally like Windows 8 because I think it's a neat concept.

However, I'm not overly fond of the direction WP is heading. There's too many people wanting it to be what they're used to. Give it time and we'll have icons and multiple home screens. :/
    Yuck I don't want another android >.<

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    WanderingTraveler and sd173 like this.
    06-05-2014 11:57 AM
    Attachment 68411

I meant to put this one up. It's St Wenceslas Square and The National Museum
    I see a bird ;)

WanderingTraveler likes this.
    06-05-2014 11:58 AM
    However, I'm not overly fond of the direction WP is heading. There's too many people wanting it to be what they're used to. Give it time and we'll have icons and multiple home screens. :/
    That's a problem Microsoft is responsible for in my opinion. Windows Phone needed some kind of notification managing system, but I don't think they had to copy the Galaxy S4 notification center one-to-one.
    Go for it, but show us the best!
    That would take way too much time. :P

It's time for me to go home now. :)
    La liga comes to mind for me . They have the best players there

I personally think that the (UEFA) Champions' League is the definitive league. I mean, the best teams from the best leagues in the world makes the best league, right?

Sorry World Cup, but I personally feel that football shouldn't be restrained to a country-on-country setup.
    At one point this just becomes a vicious circle. I didn't recommend Windows 8 as I just didn't like it.
    Okay. Let's leave it at that.

Let's just say Windows 8 was an extremely polarizing version of Windows.
    06-05-2014 12:00 PM
    Okay. Let's leave it at that.

Let's just say Windows 8 was an extremely polarizing version of Windows.
    Was it? People in this forum tend to like it, but they are not really a representative crowd. But yes, let's leave it at that.
    06-05-2014 12:01 PM
    That's a problem Microsoft is responsible for in my opinion. Windows Phone needed some kind of notification managing system, but I don't think they had to copy the Galaxy S4 notification center one-to-one.
    It should have been a special live tile you can pin or unpin if you want. The drop down should have been for the other bits only.

I personally seem them straying from the original vision of WP. People don't seem to care, all they want is what they had on Android. There's so many ways to do things that could have kept with the WP theme. I think WP will either morph into a hybrid of some sort or die.
    06-05-2014 12:02 PM
    I personally think that the (UEFA) Champions' League is the definitive league. I mean, the best teams from the best leagues in the world makes the best league, right?

Sorry World Cup, but I personally feel that football shouldn't be restrained to a country-on-country setup.
    (Same league ) but yeah I agree that country alone with those players ( that saying the players could stay ) they would eon the World Cup

What do you mean country by country setup ?

06-05-2014 12:02 PM
    The last hurrah one Symbian at home.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20140605_002.jpg  
    06-05-2014 12:03 PM
    It should have been a special live tile you can pin or unpin if you want. Have the drop down should have been for the other bits only.

I personally seem them straying from the original vision of WP. People don't seem to care, all they want is what they had on Android. There's so many ways to do things that could have kept with the WP theme. I think WP will either morph into a hybrid of some sort or die.
    Nah. Replace Search with Charms and port the Charms bar. Replace Devices with Notifications. Problem solves itself.
    06-05-2014 12:03 PM
    (Same league ) but yeah I agree that country alone with those players ( that saying the players could stay ) they would eon the World Cup

What do you mean country by country setup ?

Country vs. country.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-05-2014 12:04 PM
    Nah. Replace Search with Charms and port the Charms bar. Replace Devices with Notifications. Problem solves itself.
    I don't personally like the notification centre. It's annoying.

I'm not overly fussed with the charms bar either.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-05-2014 12:04 PM

I have only ever used it to turn of my computer, before I made the shortcut...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-05-2014 12:06 PM
    Country vs. country.
    Ohhhhh gotcha . I like it how it is because it shows how much a players from that country improved . Why don't you like it :o ?

06-05-2014 12:07 PM

It's a solution I tried to pitch a while back to prevent Windows Phone from becoming too much like Android. It would also make porting between Win8 and WP8 much easier as a bonus.

Plus, I like the fact that I can control everything I need to from the Charms bar. I also wanted a way to make the Search button more useful, to those who don't utilize it.
    06-05-2014 12:08 PM
    I have only ever used it to turn of my computer, before I made the shortcut...
    It's quicker to Alt+F4>Enter>Enter.

Then again, the keyboard renders the Charms bar useless at times.
    Win-Q to search, Win-P to project, Win-D to desktop, Win-X for advanced options, Win for Start...
    06-05-2014 12:10 PM
    Ohhhhh gotcha . I like it how it is because it shows how much a players from that country improved . Why don't you like it :o ?

It might start actual wars.
    sahib lopez and sd173 like this.
    06-05-2014 12:11 PM
    It's a solution I tried to pitch a while back to prevent Windows Phone from becoming too much like Android. It would also make porting between Win8 and WP8 much easier as a bonus.

Plus, I like the fact that I can control everything I need to from the Charms bar. I also wanted a way to make the Search button more useful, to those who don't utilize it.

Having a notification centre went against the whole WP philosophy. People just complained continually and MS caved. As for the search button I find that annoying on WP and wish it was something I could turn off.

Both notifications and search should be turned off for games as an option.
    06-05-2014 12:12 PM
    It's quicker to Alt+F4>Enter>Enter.

Then again, the keyboard renders the Charms bar useless at times.

Win-Q to search, Win-P to project, Win-D to desktop, Win-X for advanced options, Win for Start...
    Are you trying to teach me Windows shortcuts?

When I have my hand on the mouse, and I usually have when I want to turn of my computer, it's much quicker just to hit Win and then click on the shortcut.
    sd173 likes this.
    06-05-2014 12:16 PM
    It should have been a special live tile you can pin or unpin if you want. The drop down should have been for the other bits only.

I think it works be a time waster as a live tile. If you have a whole bunch of notifications then you would either have to wait for the tile to flip through them all (or scroll though them once they make interactive tiles) or open the app and wait for it to load everything - which would take way longer than just swiping down from the top of the screen to see the notifications and quick settings. Plus its way easier to get to the settings now. Sure I could've pinned the settings tile to the top of the start screen (I did that on my 900) but that means I'd have to press start and then move my finger to where I had it to open it if I wasn't already in the start screen. I think it's all about reducing time/unnecessary sleeps with the notification center being like it is.

Don't you think thinking WP will die is just a little under thought? WP will never have multiple home screens or look like anything that will go against their branding. And so what if people want it to be more like Android? Since they won't change the UI, it could only mean more features and more people migrating to WP.
    06-05-2014 12:18 PM
    Having a notification went against the whole WP philosophy. People just complained continually and MS caved. As for the search button I find the annoying on WP and wish it was something I could turn off.

Both notifications and search should be turned off for games as an option.
    The only negative I see to a notification center is if it's filled with spam, or devs stop taking advantage of live tiles to their fullest extent.

However, I see this as an extension of the WP philosophy.
    I can glance at my 630's Start Screen and immediately know the following: I have at least one PBA game to watch tomorrow, I have no new emails, messages or missed calls, Engadget is hyping Asus' trade show, China is aggravating the Philippines by reclaiming land at the Spratlys, and there is a backlash for the Obama administration's response to Bergdahl's kidnapping. That's not even half of the info I set up.

The question is, what about the stuff I missed out on? Surely, there's a way to catch up! And, behold. Notification center.
    (I just want this to be tied to Live Tile updates, so I can control which apps can notify me.)
    sd173 likes this.
    06-05-2014 12:21 PM
    I've tested to swipe to the previous app I was using on my 1520 so much that I can't even count how many times I've done that.
    06-05-2014 12:21 PM
    Don't you think thinking WP will die is just a little under thought?
    So much thinking ;-)

WP will never have multiple home screens or look like anything that will go against their branding. And so what if people want it to be more like Android? Since they won't change the UI, it could only mean more features and more people migrating to WP.
    They changed the UI from Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8 (7.8) already.
    06-05-2014 12:22 PM
    Are you trying to teach me Windows shortcuts?

When I have my hand on the mouse, and I usually have when I want to turn of my computer, it's much quicker just to hit Win and then click on the shortcut.
    No. Just that the keyboard blows the Charms bar out of the water.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-05-2014 12:22 PM
145,825 ... 27532754275527562757 ...