So glad tomorrow is Friday and a short day. :)
    My Friday is pretty filled, including a meeting with my boss...

I have a Available profile space of 40 MB. This was filled up by Firefox. I wrote the IT guy and he came and fixed it, only that I now don't have cookies and a browsing history anymore. I think I'll write him again tomorrow, or maybe he screens my computer and knows what I'm writing right now!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-12-2013 10:24 AM
    There's supposedly free wifi on the airport bus near my place but it doesn't work well. I want to see wifi on trains or at least a better mobile signal would be nice.
    I've used wifi on the GNER trains a few years back when it was free and it wasn't that bad. I'd like to see wifi on local trains though. That would be good.

I've seen the signs for the wifi on the buses but never tried it so I don't know if its any good.
    09-12-2013 10:26 AM
    So glad tomorrow is Friday and a short day. :)
    Yippee short day:).

Normal day for me though.
    09-12-2013 10:27 AM
    There's supposedly free wifi on the airport bus near my place but it doesn't work well. I want to see wifi on trains or at least a better mobile signal would be nice.
    This. I don't know why they cant boost the signal of the drivers telephone line and turn it into wifi - Obviously any driver comms would take priority but it must be doable over the thousands of miles of overground and underground lines.
    09-12-2013 10:29 AM
    I've just ordered the computer. The Asus with the cheaper GTX660. But I think I'm half an hour too late that I could pick it up at Saturday. We will see.
    09-12-2013 10:33 AM
    This. I don't know why they cant boost the signal of the drivers telephone line and turn it into wifi - Obviously any driver comms would take priority but it must be doable over the thousands of miles of overground and underground lines.
    I think an easier solution would be to run the connection over the power lines since most trains are powered by electricity. The other option is simply to run fibre along the side of the track and have a wifi access point that meets up with the train to maintain a constant connection. Then there's the 4G option too but it's not widely available yet. I'm sure there are other methods but those seem the easiest.
    09-12-2013 10:41 AM
    The thing is I'd be happy to pay for such a service, a small month fee or something. I don't even have a long commute but I do go into London frequently so it would be nice to have.
    09-12-2013 10:44 AM
    The thing is I'd be happy to pay for such a service, a small month fee or something. I don't even have a long commute but I do go into London frequently so it would be nice to have.
    Me too - the signal on my train line is dreadful - and the wifi on the underground only works at stations which is pretty pointless as you normally get stuck in the tunnels
    09-12-2013 10:47 AM
    Me too - the signal on my train line is dreadful - and the wifi on the underground only works at stations which is pretty pointless as you normally get stuck in the tunnels
    I have a 15 minute commute and simply put my phone data doesn't work from one station to the next. On the way to London I lose signal all the time. I also agree with the underground wifi. What's the point of it? Who's sitting around on wifi in the underground station? You want it on the train not at the station.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    09-12-2013 10:51 AM
    Wish some areas just had 3G!
    09-12-2013 10:52 AM
    Wish some areas just had 3G!
    Yeah there's a lot of black spots in the UK. So surprising for such a small country. I know some areas would be a bit difficult but I'm talking somewhat populated areas.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-12-2013 10:57 AM
    Yeah there's a lot of black spots in the UK. So surprising for such a small country. I know some areas would be a bit difficult but I'm talking somewhat populated areas.
    Yes something needs doing, the government should be spending money on the infrastructure not a railroad!
    09-12-2013 11:00 AM
    Might go for the 1520, I cant stand all the dust getting into all the cracks of my phone specially in the fcc!!!
    09-12-2013 11:01 AM
    Now it time to fill in the forms for a replacement laptop!!!
    09-12-2013 11:02 AM
    Everybody just stop!!!

It paddy time!!!
    09-12-2013 11:02 AM
    One of these days I should sit down and wade through the 6000 plus posts on this thread and write a summary about the different posters.

Occasionally I keep thinking of this thread as if its a meeting room. A meeting room with no limits and completely anonymous posters ( al though it is fairly easy to figure out my real name from my profile info ๐Ÿ˜ ).

I will probably do this thread analysis thing someday. Also I have been playing Alan wake and it is reminding me of those lovely days when I used to blog regularly. Sigh!
    mpt15, BIGPADDY, Chregu and 2 others like this.
    09-12-2013 11:05 AM
    Everybody just stop!!!

It paddy time!!!
    oh man! I literally stopped doing whatever it is that I was doing.

Okay paddy, now what?
    BIGPADDY and mpt15 like this.
    09-12-2013 11:07 AM
    Now it time to fill in the forms for a replacement laptop!!!
    may I suggest the Asus T100 if you are looking to buy a new laptop
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-12-2013 11:07 AM
    One of these days I should sit down and wade through the 6000 plus posts on this thread and write a summary about the different posters.

Occasionally I keep thinking of this thread as if its a meeting room. A meeting room with no limits and completely anonymous posters ( al though it is fairly easy to figure out my real name from my profile info ๐Ÿ˜ ).

I will probably do this thread analysis thing someday. Also I have been playing Alan wake and it is reminding me of those lovely days when I used to blog regularly. Sigh!
    I read all 6000 post!!!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-12-2013 11:08 AM
    oh man! I literally stopped doing whatever it is that I was doing.

Okay paddy, now what?
    Now paddy time!!!!
    09-12-2013 11:09 AM
    I read all 6000 post!!!
    is that read past tense or read future tense? Either way, how could you possibly find the time to read all the posts.
    09-12-2013 11:10 AM
    may I suggest the Asus T100 if you are looking to buy a new laptop
    I'm considering it alot!

However these form are to get the same laptop the wireless isn't working and the Bluetooth stop and it keeps on overheating since I dropped it 5 feet.
    Now paddy time!!!!
    Paddy time it is!!!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    is that read past tense or read future tense? Either way, how could you possibly find the time to read all the posts.
    Easy I read all the post.
    09-12-2013 11:11 AM
    What happen it like a party for one...
    09-12-2013 11:51 AM
144,441 ... 274275276277278 ...