The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Rise is something that is normally done by something. The Sun rises. You rise from your bed.

Raise is something that is done to an object or thing. Though not many people use it.
    like for example " the dark knight rises "
    06-10-2014 01:18 AM
    lol so you know at the climax of the dark knight. batman had tech that could spy on the population of gothem city . now im thinking that was the tech that the NSA had or something like that spying on people :P
    06-10-2014 01:32 AM
    im off... good night and good morning
    06-10-2014 01:32 AM
    Working on a poster with my scientific results... it's good to listen to music to.
    06-10-2014 03:33 AM
    Working on a poster with my scientific results... it's good to listen to music to.
    It's time for a coffee for me. Then I'll listen to either music or some interesting discussions that I have sitting on my hard drive.

Then I need to email a bunch of people, go through a list and email more people. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 03:38 AM
    It's time for a coffee for me. Then I'll listen to either music or some interesting discussions that I have sitting on my hard drive.

Then I need to email a bunch of people, go through a list and email more people. :P
    Thirty years ago you would have written letters! Or telegrams...
    06-10-2014 03:43 AM
    True. I have horrible hand writing. I should have been a doctor. :P

Out of curiosity I checked to see when the first commercial fax machine came out - 1964! There were other inventions prior to that in the 1800s!
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 03:48 AM
    Thinking about it some more, we probably would have had several project assistants typing stuff for us.

But would probably be doing drawings by hand. :/
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 03:49 AM
    Morning folks. Taking a low keyed approach today as I'm running late to work. It is always tough to jump back into the daily routine after having a visitor leave. Wish I had yesterday off to recover, but oh well...
    06-10-2014 07:14 AM
    Yeah right! They accidentally slip -_-
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140610_0004.png  
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    06-10-2014 07:27 AM
    I usually try to not be extreme and stay reasonable, but in this case I think this guy should be accidentally raped with a prickly stick up his ***.
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    06-10-2014 07:29 AM
    Hey Nadia, what's new on your MD journey these days?
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    06-10-2014 07:29 AM
    Ohh this new government is awesome :/ " ache din Anne wale hai was the slogan but now bure din a Gaye " :p
    hope4wp likes this.
    06-10-2014 07:42 AM
    Ohh this new government is awesome :/ " ache din Anne wale hai was the slogan but now bure din a Gaye " :p
    I think it's interesting with Modi being Prime Minister. Being Chief Minister of Gujarat and then elected Prime Minister to bring the same wealth to the rest of the country. It's like a guy who inherited all his money and now gives advice on how to become rich.
    06-10-2014 07:47 AM
    I think it's interesting with Modi being Prime Minister. Being Chief Minister of Gujarat and then elected Prime Minister to bring the same wealth to the rest of the country. It's like a guy who inherited all his money and now gives advice on how to become rich.
    Wow , you know about Modi :D
    06-10-2014 07:56 AM
    Wow , you know about Modi :D
    India might be far away, it's still a very important country ;-)
    06-10-2014 08:01 AM
    India might be far away, it's still a very important country ;-)
    Another fact. Let's leave politics aside. Windows phone is growing rapidly here.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:02 AM
    Another fact. Let's leave politics aside. Windows phone is growing rapidly here.
    For Switzerland I have only found this: Mobile OS market share | Switzerland

According to that iOS has still by far the highest market share with 58.8 percent over Android with 37.8. Windows Phone is around 2.5 %.
    06-10-2014 08:20 AM
    For some reason in India it will be easy I think for WP to do well. With the US and other western countries, not so much. WP still lacks that eye catching phone and it still lacks way too many apps/games for most people, especially when they're addicted to a certain game or app. As well as when their friends have it.

The biggest mountain to climb for WP is to get the younger generation onto it. They want all the apps their friends have. That's why WP is where it is. I'm not saying all young people are like this but majority are.

If Apple brings out a real budget device and a large screen device Android and WP are in deep trouble. That's IMO.
    06-10-2014 08:38 AM
    That reminds me of the hen and the egg. Or of a vicious circle. But I think to a big part it's Microsoft's own fault. They just didn't put any resources into WP7 back in the times. It was behind when it came out and it took them months only to add copy & paste. Then they decided to forgot all about it, as they just did with Windows Mobile, and release a copy of WP7 with NT kernel. In some regards it was even worse than WP7 (no FM radio just as an example, and then they brought FM radio back with a lot of fanfare in a GDR, it was ridiculous).

Now they seem to put some effort into the OS, but it's so damn late that they seem to focus entirely on cheap hardware. That might help gain market share in developing countries, but it won't bring the prestige and reputation to gain market share in iOS countries where people usually buy high-end.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:47 AM
    Actually it's interesting that I stayed that long with Windows Phone... ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:48 AM
    Now they seem to put some effort into the OS, but it's so damn late that they seem to focus entirely on cheap hardware. That might help gain market share in developing countries, but it won't bring the prestige and reputation to gain market share in iOS countries where people usually buy high-end.
    Thing is, Nokia wasis popular in the developing world when it was just Nokia simply due to it's quality and what Symbian could do. WP basically destroyed that market as it was too locked down. It seems it's at a turning point now with that.

Saying that, I agree they're pretty much paddling against a stream when it comes to everywhere else.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:52 AM
    I just unplugged my 1520 from the charger and for reason it was turned all the way off but still had 100% battery.
    06-10-2014 08:52 AM
    Actually it's interesting that I stayed that long with Windows Phone... ;-)
    Probably didn't know better. :P

Now you've seen iOS and Android both you now have more of an idea what WP lacks. :P

I'm still keeping an open mind about WP vs Android for me. I don't want anything to do with iPhone personally.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:53 AM
    I just unplugged my 1520 from the charger and for reason it was turned all the way off but still had 100% battery.
    Woot! WP all the way! :P
    sd173 likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:54 AM
142,851 ... 27812782278327842785 ...