WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I like how I'm waiting ay the bus stop and people flag down a bus in a half assed and when the bus doesn't stop, curse at the driver...SMH.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Life at a NY bus stop....

Stick around long enough, MIA, and the book you could write would be comedy at it's best!!

How is your life treating you? Hectic to the point of losing days as always? Or have things slowed down for you?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

So I'm in learning to program in C# from Bob Tabor's videos on Channel 9 because I want to make a universal Windows app for my robotics team (if I get lucky I'll finish learning C# at around the same the video series on programming for WP8.1 comes out!). But I was taking to the programmers on my robotics team today who are all really good/experienced in programming. They said I should code thebapp in C++. I'm considering this because I was planning on learning that language after I make the app anyway. The only problem with this is the future Channel 9 video series will likely be in C#. Does anyone who knows about this kind of stuff think I should start leaning C++ now instead?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Life at a NY bus stop....

Stick around long enough, MIA, and the book you could write would be comedy at it's best!!

How is your life treating you? Hectic to the point of losing days as always? Or have things slowed down for you?

Things are a zoo. We are short-handed on my team since my worker transferred to another department in the hospital (her last day was yesterday). The semester is over in 2 weeks and I'm drowning in assignments.

Other than that, things are peachy. How are you?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Note to self, while apps can be installed on an SD card, they can't be transferred to a new card and photos with higher rez versions loose the ability to open the higher rez versions on the phone

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm in learning to program in C# from Bob Tabor's videos on Channel 9 because I want to make a universal Windows app for my robotics team (if I get lucky I'll finish learning C# at around the same the video series on programming for WP8.1 comes out!). But I was taking to the programmers on my robotics team today who are all really good/experienced in programming. They said I should code thebapp in C++. I'm considering this because I was planning on learning that language after I make the app anyway. The only problem with this is the future Channel 9 video series will likely be in C#. Does anyone who knows about this kind of stuff think I should start leaning C++ now instead?
I like that guy, who looks like Steve Martin :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

If it isn't too much work, try to learn both. If you've learned C++, it should be easier to learn C#, after all.

C# is the language of choice for Windows at this point, though C++ is nativebcode in Windows

(Disclaimer: I'm not a developer, I gleaned all this stuff while hanging around the forum. I could be wrong. Except for the first line, of course.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss