WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A few observations with 8.1 to this point. Bear in mind, I did a dirty install, i.e. no hard resets.

- battery is a gas guzzler
- the signals doesn't pick up as strongly
- in it's current form, still feels like what 8.0 should have been

It is an improvement? Cannot say until I see the final build over the summer. If this is it, there's still work to be done. It is a step in the right direction overall. But we won't really see for sure until there are newer handsets out running the OS.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh well. If he ever wants to understand he needs to ask questions. If he doesn't want to write in here he can always send messages.

He and I have had a long talk a while back. Guy's got potential, he'll grow into things and find his level at some point. Some just take a more circuitous route than others.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My battery life problems were probably due to the new battery, it's quite alright now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

He and I have had a long talk a while back. Guy's got potential, he'll grow into things and find his level at some point. Some just take a more circuitous route than others.

That's an understatement in this situation, but I understand. I don't hate him and I'm not mad at him. I'm just curious where his thinking comes from. I'm a little lost with the logic.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Maybe they have adapted to the weather there....i can't handle the sun over here =| my head hurts when i go into the sun...if i go to Australia maybe people will be able to cook on top of my head :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe they have adapted to the weather there....i can't handle the sun over here =| my head hurts when i go into the sun...if i go to Australia maybe people will be able to cook on top of my head :/

Well, wearing black in the sun is never a good thing really. It attracts the heat more.

I like my eggs with runny yokes if you don't mind.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, had my first WordFlow fail yesterday. Was texting a couple of iOS users about Cortana giving me an ETA on my trip home and WordFlow used "eat" in place of "rat at an inopportune time...

me2y9y7u

Maybe we'll get luckier with 2.0 of Cortana?

Was going to post yesterday, but wanted to blur names to protect the innocent.

Sent from my 1520 using Cortana

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's an understatement in this situation, but I understand. I don't hate him and I'm not mad at him. I'm just curious where his thinking comes from. I'm a little lost with the logic.

I have my own suspicions, but from what I've seen in talking to him I don't think it is from a negative place. Then again, its the interweb we're talking about hear and you can be wrong about people all the time. Guess the clinician in me wants to hear more information before drawing conclusions first.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have my own suspicions, but from what I've seen in talking to him I don't think it is from a negative place. Then again, its the interweb we're talking about hear and you can be wrong about people all the time. Guess the clinician in me wants to hear more information before drawing conclusions first.

I don't think he's trying to be a bad person. I can maybe guess where his thinking comes from as well but I think it's gone a bit askew. I'm also taking a guess that maybe he lacks any historical reference to this issue and that's what's maybe riling me up a bit. Then there's the presumption that he would be a good judge of charter over the woman who was beaten. Ugh.

Anyway, if he's not going to say anything, there's no point making assumptions. Up to him to choose to discuss and keep calm but I guess he feels like he's being attacked. Understandable but that's what happens in discussions where you're on the wrong side of the majority. You have to provide reasoning for your position. At this moment I've yet to hear any.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Because I'm immensely bored and I'm more or less by myself at work I'll post a pic of Ghent.

WP_20140419_19_29_14_Pro[1].jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A few observations with 8.1 to this point. Bear in mind, I did a dirty install, i.e. no hard resets.

- battery is a gas guzzler
- the signals doesn't pick up as strongly
- in it's current form, still feels like what 8.0 should have been

It is an improvement? Cannot say until I see the final build over the summer. If this is it, there's still work to be done. It is a step in the right direction overall. But we won't really see for sure until there are newer handsets out running the OS.

Battery does drain a bit faster but I was able to fine tune it to where it is maybe a 1% per hour more over WP8.
In my case I now get signal at my desk so YMMV
I like it for the simple fact that my device has been EOL'd by TMO so....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I lived in Arizona for 16 years of which about 8 in Phoenix where it is just as hot! Every summer the local TV station would cook an egg on the sidewalk to demonstrate how hot it was. Actually there are some pretty cool You Tube videos posted by Scandinavian tourists visiting Death Valley National Park in July/August time frame when it is just way too hot and cooking an egg on a pan...you should check it out. Now if you were to post a video of an egg getting cooked on your head that would be a You Tube sensation.....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, had my first WordFlow fail yesterday. Was texting a couple of iOS users about Cortana giving me an ETA on my trip home and WordFlow used "eat" in place of "rat at an inopportune time...

Maybe we'll get luckier with 2.0 of Cortana?

Was going to post yesterday, but wanted to blur names to protect the innocent.

Sent from my 1520 using Cortana

I try to check what word flow types before sending something most of the time. Happens in Swype on my Nexus as well. Let the iOS guys complain, they will have issues with their thumbs when they are in their 60s:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077