We're just chatting. Working out finner points. :P

Swag is good. I used to get a lot of it. Most of it with companies name on it though.
    I be reading and I think everything going smoothly with MS just a few bumps here and there.
    09-13-2013 08:27 AM
    My hiding area going to be gone got to found a new area!
    09-13-2013 08:27 AM
    I be reading and I think everything going smoothly with MS just a few bumps here and there.
    So why do you think there's not much take up with WP then? What stops people getting one?
    09-13-2013 08:28 AM
    You say that about pleasing the shareholders but the xbox division did nothing but cost money for its lifecycle but it was the most widely bought console. Yes WP has been poor to date in terms of marketshare but the idea of it "going somewhere" is there. Obviously if it all fails after 8.1 then maybe the new CEO will have to take a look at it. But that's one hell of a massive write off for MS with the years of development costs and acquisitions of mobile technology. I think at this point MS have too much invested in WP for it to be dropped.

At this moment in time WP isn't for everyone and there are people I have recommended not to get a wp purely because it wouldn't suit what they need. But that will always happen which is why its good to have the other 2 OS's to fall back on. Right now between the 3 of them people can get what they want and need.

But looking forward and what makes me really excited about owning MS devices is that in around 6 months time my phone, tablet, PC and xbox will all be on the same page. When that happens, hopefully its going to be glorious and should give WP all the marketshare it needs
    MSFTisMIA and snowmutt like this.
    09-13-2013 08:36 AM
    But looking forward and what makes me really excited about owning MS devices is that in around 6 months time my phone, tablet, PC and xbox will all be on the same page. When that happens, hopefully its going to be glorious and should give WP all the marketshare it needs
    6 months? Maybe they release Windows Phone 8.1 in this time frame and the Xbox One in Switzerland ;-)
    martinmc78 likes this.
    09-13-2013 08:42 AM
    So why do you think there's not much take up with WP then? What stops people getting one?
    The main reason are advertising it okay but needs to be more intense, in the UK you get a few adverts and mainly just sponsors from Nokia for a show and the cast have them.

Two customers are afraid of the unknown a commercial showing the basic of the OS could persuade those unsure.

Three awareness but that due to advertising and phone shops most shop I go into the WP devices are at the back of the store.

Sales rep should ask what there planning to use the phone for and show all the platforms for the user to decide.

WP missing stuff like notification center people will complain until items like these are on and not having a good music player doesn't help.

Misinformation IS THE BIGGEST ISSUES THERE IS! For example cnet video review of the 1020 misinformation!

And brand awareness which is improving alot thanks to Lumia.

However there are lots of good stuff but these are what I think are the issues.
    09-13-2013 08:45 AM
    And the hardware but I didn't want to mention because it already catching up with 1520 which will be great!
    09-13-2013 08:48 AM
    The main reason are advertising it okay but needs to be more intense, in the UK you get a few adverts and mainly just sponsors from Nokia for a show and the cast have them.

Two customers are afraid of the unknown a commercial showing the basic of the OS could persuade those unsure.

Three awareness but that due to advertising and phone shops most shop I go into the WP devices are at the back of the store.

Sales rep should ask what there planning to use the phone for and show all the platforms for the user to decide.

WP missing stuff like notification center people will complain until items like these are on and not having a good music player doesn't help.

Misinformation IS THE BIGGEST ISSUES THERE IS! For example cnet video review of the 1020 misinformation!

BP - that's the most sustained sensibility in one of your posts I have seen since page 1.
    09-13-2013 08:49 AM
    Let's hope you're right. Let's also hope the carriers don't stuff the updates for people as well. :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-13-2013 08:50 AM
    BP - that's the most sustained sensibility in one of your posts I have seen since page 1.
    He's also right. Which I think is more scary...
    martinmc78, mpt15 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-13-2013 08:54 AM
    He's also right. Which I think is more scary...
    Well he can only be wrong on so many things before he does get something right.

Even a monkey will eventually find the square hole for the square peg.
    sinime, BIGPADDY, N_LaRUE and 1 others like this.
    09-13-2013 08:56 AM

Wow, did it just get chilly on this thread, or is it just me???

09-13-2013 09:05 AM

Yes and observing WP for 2-3 years from WP7.0 also helps while watching users, my family and others.

And analysis the type of customers on the different OS's, reading all the different mobile OS's to understand the competition, the manufactures, this forum with the users etc.

And it helps being IT Technician meeting and solving the users who have the problem or who are unsure.
    09-13-2013 09:07 AM
    Wow, did it just get chilly on this thread, or is it just me???

Yeah sometimes my sarcasm does cut really close.

I look at what I have written before I post it. Then for a split second I think will he be offended? But that's after I have hit post.

Were all adults on here - if I couldn't take some back I wouldn't dish it out.
    BIGPADDY, snowmutt and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-13-2013 09:10 AM
    I feel logical today!
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-13-2013 09:10 AM

I look at what I have written before I post it. Then for a split second I think will he be offended? But that's after I have hit post.

That my favorite type of sarcasm right on the edge!
    09-13-2013 09:11 AM

Going to have to check out that CNET review now.

I agree with the idea of showing the basic functions of WP/ Windows 8. There has been some better ads in that area. But still plenty of room for improvement. People still just don't understand the ease of the tile layout.

I also agree with the idea that the 'Lumia" name is becoming the brand of WP. That is why I am hoping that instead of releasing WP under the "Microsoft" name after the purchase of Nokia is complete, they use "Lumia" as the brand name for the hardware. "Windows Phone" already screams Microsoft, no need to push the name further. Sorta like Lincoln is actually Ford, but the name "Lincoln" brings to mind luxery. Dodge is trying to do this with it's Ram pick-ups right now- "Ram" is the brand they are trying to associate to their trucks. "Dodge" never is anymore, and sales for those trucks have improved even if the product is exactly the same. MS could do this so well with the "Lumia" name.
    BIGPADDY, Muessig and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-13-2013 09:13 AM
    That my favorite type of sarcasm right on the edge!
    And I really cant help myself with some of the things you post.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-13-2013 09:14 AM
    And I really cant help myself with some of the things you post.
    You like me the most!
    snowmutt and martinmc78 like this.
    09-13-2013 09:16 AM

If there was no sarcasm..... I couldn't communicate. It is why language was invented- writings on the cave walls did not transmit sarcasm as well.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-13-2013 09:17 AM
    Righty O im leaving work!!!

For the weekend!!!
    09-13-2013 09:28 AM
    Going to have to check out that CNET review now.

I agree with the idea of showing the basic functions of WP/ Windows 8. There has been some better ads in that area. But still plenty of room for improvement. People still just don't understand the ease of the tile layout.

I also agree with the idea that the 'Lumia" name is becoming the brand of WP. That is why I am hoping that instead of releasing WP under the "Microsoft" name after the purchase of Nokia is complete, they use "Lumia" as the brand name for the hardware. "Windows Phone" already screams Microsoft, no need to push the name further. Sorta like Lincoln is actually Ford, but the name "Lincoln" brings to mind luxery. Dodge is trying to do this with it's Ram pick-ups right now- "Ram" is the brand they are trying to associate to their trucks. "Dodge" never is anymore, and sales for those trucks have improved even if the product is exactly the same. MS could do this so well with the "Lumia" name.
    Personally I see the Lumia name disappearing. I'm only saying this as I know what company acquisitions are like. They'll keep both Nokia and Lumia for about 3 years then expect them to drop either both at the same time or Nokia first then Lumia. I don't really think the Lumia name suits the platform image of what MS wants.

As for the ads bit. They've been pretty dismal in the UK. I think they confuse people more than help. Also having staff that rather sell Apple or Samsung doesn't help in phone stores. I've only run into one person in a phone store that actually liked WP.
    09-13-2013 09:33 AM
    BP mentioned swag. I got this stuff from my contract agency when I worked in Australia. All the contractors got this stuff though I did manage to scam a couple of more things. :)

aviary-photo_130235569050483706.jpg
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-13-2013 09:44 AM
    Problem with swag like that you just don't know what to do with it. :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-13-2013 09:53 AM
    Well I'm bored. Here's another picture. Inside Notre Dame Cathedral, Rouen, France.

wp_20130907_001-1-.jpg
    Muessig likes this.
    09-13-2013 09:56 AM
142,796 ... 281282283284285 ...