huh so the swat team win o.o....interesting
    06-20-2014 12:33 AM
    this one seems intriguing Roman Centurion vs. Rajput Warrior
    06-20-2014 12:37 AM
    And it's end of the week for me :D. I have finished school so we are free for two days.

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy S5
    06-20-2014 12:45 AM
    And it's end of the week for me :D. I have finished school so we are free for two days.

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy S5
    that's good. yay for the weekend :). though im in summer break so no school for me foe 3 months :D
    06-20-2014 12:46 AM
    As long people don't think science has anything to do with what they see on TV shows claiming to be "scientific"...

It would be like watching Die Hard and thinking that's real police work.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-20-2014 12:46 AM
    the pickax is one scary weapon ._. I guess I have to thank the roman empire
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-20-2014 12:50 AM
    As long people don't think science has anything to do with what they see on TV shows claiming to be "scientific"...

It would be like watching Die Hard and thinking that's real police work.
    but they do say its for science and they use scientists
    06-20-2014 12:51 AM
    Just went to a MS store for the first time today. Impressive. I have been to the kiosk variety before.
    What's one of those? They don't exist as far as I'm concerned. :P
    06-20-2014 12:53 AM
    And your point is? I agree with him. What's on TV is not really science regardless what they say or who is on the show.
    06-20-2014 12:55 AM
    And your point is? I agree with him. What's on TV is not really science regardless what they say or who is on the show.
    yeah.....fine..... I still like watching it :P
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-20-2014 01:01 AM
    I find those shows are like the beginning of a sports match. They throw up a bunch of statistics and seem to derive an answer from them. Though that's great there's a whole bunch of variables that don't get taken into consideration because it would be too complex.
    06-20-2014 01:01 AM
    yeah.....fine..... I still like watching it :P
    That's fine just don't think it's science.
    06-20-2014 01:02 AM
    Do you think when I explain something about biology in this thread it's science only because I'm a scientist?

I can't post the second part because it's spam? How stupidly did they change the forum again?!
    Science is hard, you have to dissect a problem into its smallest parts, test every aspect of it in experiments, multiple times and reproducible, analyze all this data and fit it together again. It's tedious, hard and often frustrating work. It has nothing to do with blowing stuff up and saying "science!" out of breath like in Mythbusters...
    Yeah, posting the second part just alone did work. This forum is messed up.
    06-20-2014 01:03 AM
    Do you think when I explain something about biology in this thread it's science only because I'm a scientist?

I can't post the second part because it's spam? How stupidly did they change the forum again?!
    I cant say your title because its spam too :/ I cant post P.....H ..D because its a money reference ._.
    06-20-2014 01:07 AM
    That's fine just don't think it's science.
    ok ok its not science.... >.<
    06-20-2014 01:08 AM
    Science is hard, you have to dissect a problem into its smallest parts, test every aspect of it in experiments, multiple times and reproducible, analyze all this data and fit it together again. It's tedious, hard and often frustrating work. It has nothing to do with blowing stuff up and saying "science!" out of breath like in Mythbusters...
    its soooo cool though !!! they blow stuff up and OHHH its just awesome :3
    06-20-2014 01:09 AM
    anyways im off... good night and good morning
    06-20-2014 01:10 AM
    Maybe they're testing a new spam filter and it's not setup properly.
    06-20-2014 01:13 AM
    Maybe they're testing a new spam filter and it's not setup properly.
    Yeah, money references are EEEEEEEEEVIL!!!!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-20-2014 01:26 AM
    Yeah, money references are EEEEEEEEEVIL!!!!

A lot of spam I get in my Gmail is money based. :P

But I agree. Money of evil. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    06-20-2014 01:34 AM
    A lot of spam I get in my Gmail is money based. :P

But I agree. Money of evil. :P
    I get a lot of science spam, I guess because my email address is published by the university.

"Buy cheap lipids from China!" and stuff like that ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-20-2014 01:44 AM
    There was an article in my newspaper from a guy saying that the use of Whatsapp and other text messages destroys real relationships to people. That we become artificial in our emotions and lose the ability to really talk to people.

In the comment section I called bull**** on that.

The most funny part, he describes how the youth is getting to know each other, first friend request, then poking, then texting, then sexting, and then he quotes a statistic that has nothing to do with it. It was a terrible read.

And this newspaper is one of the best in Switzerland...
    WanderingTraveler and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-20-2014 02:13 AM
    There was an article in my newspaper from a guy saying that the use of Whatsapp and other text messages destroys real relationships to people. That we become artificial in our emotions and lose the ability to really talk to people.

In the comment section I called bull**** on that.

The most funny part, he describes how the youth is getting to know each other, first friend request, then poking, then texting, then sexting, and then he quotes a statistic that has nothing to do with it. It was a terrible read.

And this newspaper is one of the best in Switzerland...
    Lose the ability to talk the people? Hah! I can carry conversations just fine. Provided that I have the right topic, of course.

Now, I'm of the opinion that our ability to communicate is often based on how convenient it is to do so, and how important we perceive the information to me. You see people just texting in a corner in a party? It's probably because s/he doesn't have anything important to say to anyone there, or that it's simply easier for him/her to just go ahead and text the people there, I guess? It sucks the life out of the party, though.

I guess that's what he meant?
    Chregu likes this.
    06-20-2014 02:40 AM
143,631 ... 28582859286028612862 ...