Apparently it's still a possibility of a Nexus device coming. Though not sure how reliable the information was. They're saying 5.5" though. If it's that big I won't be interested. :/

Nothing against large phones but wtf? I don't need something that big for every day use. I just want a sturdy phone with a good battery, decent camera and nice screen. Preferably a nice spec internally to go with that. I guess that's impossible...
    Well, many people are making the tough choice of getting one good portable device to do the work. So I cannot blame a bigger screen on some of these phones. Personally, I'm a smaller phone kinda guy, but I cannot knock OEMs for giving the market what they want.
    06-24-2014 10:50 AM
    I hope the surface 3 is an awesome upgrade to the surface 2 :D
    06-24-2014 10:53 AM
    Well, many people are making the tough choice of getting one good portable device to do the work. So I cannot blame a bigger screen on some of these phones. Personally, I'm a smaller phone kinda guy, but I cannot knock OEMs for giving the market what they want.
    Yeah it would seem the one device for all crowd wants the large phones instead of having two devices. I personally can't fathom lugging around a 6" phone all the time. I have enough issues with the L920.

As long as there's still at least a 5" or a bit smaller I'm happy. Just needs to meet my simple requirements. Who knew getting a new smartphone would be such a pain. I guess this where Apple thrives. At least you know what you're getting with them.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-24-2014 10:56 AM
    I hope the surface 3 is an awesome upgrade to the surface 2 :D
    Has there been an announcement for that? To me the perfect upgrade for the Surface would be the ability to use WP apps. That would increase it's appeal immensely. Either that or run Windows apps. They need to sort something out for that thing.
    06-24-2014 10:57 AM
    but apple has a small screen :/ even people that use my 810 say the screen is better than their iPhone 5 because its wider. also with the 5.5 inch rumored iPhone what's the point of getting an ipad mini ? the UI is just a blown up version
    06-24-2014 10:59 AM
    Has there been an announcement for that? To me the perfect upgrade for the Surface would be the ability to use WP apps. That would increase it's appeal immensely. Either that or run Windows apps. They need to sort something out for that thing.
    I thought that is what threshold is for. either way I like the surface RT line because it does what I need it to do at school
    06-24-2014 11:00 AM
    but apple has a small screen :/ even people that use my 810 say the screen is better than their iPhone 5 because its wider. also with the 5.5 inch rumored iPhone what's the point of getting an ipad mini ? the UI is just a blown up version
    The next iPhone is not 5.5". It's 4.5". Which is a good size.
    06-24-2014 11:02 AM
    I thought that is what threshold is for. either way I like the surface RT line because it does what I need it to do at school
    I thought threshold was another 2-3 years away. That's quite some time to have a product hanging around that not many people buy if you ask me.
    06-24-2014 11:03 AM
    Yeah it would seem the one device for all crowd wants the large phones instead of having two devices. I personally can't fathom lugging around a 6" phone all the time. I have enough issues with the L920.

As long as there's still at least a 5" or a bit smaller I'm happy. Just needs to meet my simple requirements. Who knew getting a new smartphone would be such a pain. I guess this where Apple thrives. At least you know what you're getting with them.
    For me, I like smaller phones because on my crowded commute I use my phone alot for music, to check public transportation time schedules, etc. Now I wouldn't mind a 5", or use my Z Ultra as a daily driver, but I'd be on those phones a lot less in public.

That is where a smart watch has appeal. If I can get notifications on my wrist, I'd keep my large phone buried in a pocket.
    06-24-2014 11:03 AM
    that's only .2 bigger than my 810 ._. if its wider then yes it would be prefect but its longer then no its not perfect
    06-24-2014 11:04 AM
    I thought threshold was another 2-3 years away. That's quite some time to have a product hanging around that not many people buy if you ask me.
    threshold is around April 2015 . that's only 10 months away
    06-24-2014 11:05 AM
    so I made myself a PB&GJ jam :3 that's my sandwich fix for the day
    06-24-2014 11:07 AM
    Not quite. It may be a 4.7" regular and a 5.5" phablet. Personally, if they made iPhones at each of those screen sizes: 4" for the cheap model, 4.7" as the flagship and 5.5" as the phablet, they would do just fine.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-24-2014 11:12 AM
    that's only .2 bigger than my 810 ._. if its wider then yes it would be prefect but its longer then no its not perfect

A few pages back I linked to an article that had leaked pics of the phone. It's larger both ways. I think it adds a row of icons.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-24-2014 11:13 AM
    Not quite. It may be a 4.7" regular and a 5.5" phablet. Personally, if they made iPhones at each of those screen sizes: 4" for the cheap model, 4.7" as the flagship and 5.5" as the phablet, they would do just fine.

I stand corrected. I only heard of the 4.7. I didn't realise they were bringing out two sizes.
    06-24-2014 11:17 AM
    threshold is around April 2015 . that's only 10 months away
    So that's the rumoured date. Find me an official statement and I'll believe it. Were talking about MS here. Keeping a date isn't their thing.
    06-24-2014 11:24 AM
    I stand corrected. I only heard of the 4.7. I didn't realise they were bringing out two sizes.
    Just reporting the rumors. It actually makes sense for them to offer both those screen sizes. If priced correctly, that can eat into the lower end and phablet market. Apple has nothing to offer screen size wise between the iPhone and the iPad mini, so some sort of phablet there can hit Samsung hard.

Steve Jobs has wanted to kill that home button for years so I wouldn't be surprised to see iPhones go completely gesture oriented with no physical button on the front within the next few years. Guess that's behind the thought of the sapphire displays. Put that on a 5'5" screen and an Apple logo on the back and it will sell like hot cakes.
    06-24-2014 11:26 AM
    Just reporting the rumors. It actually makes sense for them to offer both those screen sizes. If priced correctly, that can eat into the lower end and phablet market. Apple has nothing to offer screen size wise between the iPhone and the iPad mini, so some sort of phablet there can hit Samsung hard.

Steve Jobs has wanted to kill that home button for years so I wouldn't be surprised to see iPhones go completely gesture oriented with no physical button on the front within the next few years. Guess that's behind the thought of the sapphire displays. Put that on a 5'5" screen and an Apple logo on the back and it will sell like hot cakes.
    I just wonder how much the phone will be >.<
    06-24-2014 11:29 AM
    I just wonder how much the phone will be >.<
    it will be insanely overpriced.

Yet some knuckleheads will stand in line to buy it, some people will sell body parts and virginities to get it, tech sites will sing its praises to the point you wonder if it can cook, clean, wash dishes or mow the lawn with all that hype. And all the snobs, and yuppies who get one will thumb their noses at non-iPhone users.

Apple at its finest...
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-24-2014 11:44 AM
    I wanted to post something, but I decided against it. Thrilling, isn't it?

It was quite personal, but that's not the matter. I was explaining how I look forward to something because every aspect of it is great, but then I realized that with these high expectations disappointment is never far, so I thought it's better to keep it to myself ;-)
    06-24-2014 11:45 AM
    it will be insanely overpriced.

Yet some knuckleheads will stand in line to buy it, some people will sell body parts and virginities to get it, tech sites will sing its praises to the point you wonder if it can cook, clean, wash dishes or mow the lawn with all that hype. And all the snobs, and yuppies who get one will thumb their noses at non-iPhone users.

Apple at its finest...
    I feel insulted :P

I can imagine that it will be expensive though. The 4.7 inch model in the same price range as current iPhones and the 5.5 inch model 100 $ more is my guess.
    06-24-2014 11:46 AM

It was quite personal, but that's not the matter. I was explaining how I look forward to something because every aspect of it is great, but then I realized that with these high expectations disappointment is never far, so I thought it's better to keep it to myself ;-)
    You mean kinda like how you fawn over the idea of busing a new iPhone and when you do, still talk about missing things about the 8X you still like? 😏
    Chregu likes this.
    06-24-2014 11:50 AM
    You mean kinda like how you fawn over the idea of busing a new iPhone and when you do, still talk about missing things about the 8X you still like? 
    Not exactly, but that's the other thing I was thinking about :P
    06-24-2014 11:52 AM

yeah we don't want your cooties !
    06-24-2014 11:54 AM
    I feel insulted :P

I can imagine that it will be expensive though. The 4.7 inch model in the same price range as current iPhones and the 5.5 inch model 100 $ more is my guess.
    If i called you an iSheep (which you aren't), you'd have had every right to get your knickers twisted up.

It is amazing to see knuckleheads camp outside an Apple store for days to get an iPhone. I saw it in person a few times and had to wonder if those people were employed. You remember the guy who paid homeless people money so that they could camp out in line so he could get iPhones from the Apple store and resell them and jacked up prices?

All this for an iDevice? Sad and shameful, i say...
    Chregu likes this.
    06-24-2014 11:54 AM
144,464 ... 28722873287428752876 ...