OK great than. I was wondering one thing, how does direct democracy work for you ? Is it good or would be representative democracy better ? You are one of few countries to have it.
    That's actually a very hard question.

I think it's good in many ways, however it allows some messy consequences. As an example, we don't vote for the Federal Council directly, that means that we don't have these populist election campaign with the first goal to throw as much dirt at each other as possible and spending millions of shady money. But as we have the direct democracy that allows the common people to vote for laws directly, all of these negative aspects are just transported to this area.

Parties use votes to play power games. They seed fear and none-sense to turn the public's opinion. It becomes more and more extreme and less and less meaningful.

So it's a good thing, but has also a lot of negative aspects. Just as an example, "we" just decided to make our relations to the EU much worse, based on irrational fears and right-winged propaganda.

That's of course my point of view. The more right-winged people would disagree ;-)
    N_LaRUE and Sport Driver like this.
    06-25-2014 03:18 AM
    That's actually a very hard question.

I think it's good in many ways, however it allows some messy consequences. As an example, we don't vote for the Federal Council directly, that means that we don't have these populist election campaign with the first goal to throw as much dirt at each other as possible and spending millions of shady money. But as we have the direct democracy that allows the common people to vote for laws directly, all of these negative aspects are just transported to this area.

Parties use votes to play power games. They seed fear and none-sense to turn the public's opinion. It becomes more and more extreme and less and less meaningful.

So it's a good thing, but has also a lot of negative aspects. Just as an example, "we" just decided to make our relations to the EU much worse, based on irrational fears and right-winged propaganda.

That's of course my point of view. The more right-winged people would disagree ;-)
    Sounds like any normal 'democratic' system. That also sounds a lot like the UK at the moment even though our processes are different. We have a huge swing to the right at the moment with Euro skeptics ruling. Too many people are ignorant of what the EU does for the country and only see the negative. Of course, no one has promoted what the EU has done in a positive way, which is 99% of the problem.

FYI - nonsense :)
    Sport Driver and Chregu like this.
    06-25-2014 03:26 AM
    So it's kind of the same as here. I thought Parties have less influence on people in Switzerland but looks like they are just to strong and they have believers who will agree with parties no mather what they say or do. It will be always the same. We even have kind of cult of person, the leader of the bigest right-winged party was put to jail because of corruption and now people are protesting in front of jail that he didn't do anything wrong and they should let him go.

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy S5
    Chregu likes this.
    06-25-2014 03:35 AM
    So it's kind of the same as here. I thought Parties have less influence on people in Switzerland but looks like they are just to strong and they have believers who will agree with parties no mather what they say or do. It will be always the same. We even have kind of cult of person, the leader of the bigest right-winged party was put to jail because of corruption and now people are protesting in front of jail that he didn't do anything wrong and they should let him go.

As a person who has lived in several countries all politics are generally the same at the end of the day. Some people may have allegiances to certain parties for whatever reason, either the values have been instilled in them since they were young or they just generally believe that that particular party has the best ideas for the country. However, there is a very large group who don't have a clue who to vote for and they generally pick the person who sounds the best to them. The unfortunate part this group is getting larger.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-25-2014 03:44 AM
    Hurray, more WP codenames...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-25-2014 04:50 AM
    Hurray, more WP codenames...
    My thoughts were similar, it was more like, "This is news?"
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-25-2014 04:52 AM
    New codenames but no new devices. Great Microsoft :)

Last edited by Sport Driver; 06-25-2014 at 05:21 AM.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-25-2014 05:00 AM
    I just realized that you can buy the Nokia X in Switzerland. Funny, I feel like ordering one just to see how awful it is ;-)
    06-25-2014 05:44 AM
    I just realized that you can buy the Nokia X in Switzerland. Funny, I feel like ordering one just to see how awful it is ;-)
    I love your positive outlook
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-25-2014 05:49 AM
    Did I already mention that I'm wearing the shorts I've done my ice-cream stop for during the last month?

They fit comfortably, so it was a success! Of course I didn't just eat much less ice cream, I ate less in general and I did a lot of sport. Actually I didn't expect that a month would be enough, I was always planning on doing a second one. But I'll keep doing a lot of sport and eating more responsible anyway, I want those pants to keep fitting ;-)
    hope4wp and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-25-2014 06:29 AM
    The Nokia XL is awkwardly famous here.... And more weird is I want one :p
    06-25-2014 06:31 AM
    The Nokia XL is awkwardly famous here.... And more weird is I want one :p
    LOL! I thought you hated Android. :P

Did you get around to watching Monty Python?
    06-25-2014 06:44 AM
    I have never owned a phone as long as my HTC 8X. I bought it in December 2012. That's 18 months.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-25-2014 06:50 AM
    Same thing as always.
    06-25-2014 06:54 AM
    I had my previous phone, the HTC G2 touch, for 4 years, so my 920 after 18 months still seems young to me. Having said that I'm tempted to the next flagship in September time.
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-25-2014 06:55 AM
    Morning folks. The brain is filled with much to consider today.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and gedzum like this.
    06-25-2014 06:57 AM
    I think Ljubljana is a beautiful city.

Attachment 70186
    Looks beautiful indeed. I need more riverside walks to alleviate my stress levels.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and 1 others like this.
    06-25-2014 06:59 AM
    Morning folks. The brain is filled with much to consider today.
    It's Wednesday. Considering much should be left for Mondays, that way you have the rest of the week to reflect and the weekend to regret or celebrate. :P

Saying that, hopefully it's good considerations?
    06-25-2014 07:06 AM
    The longest I've had a phone is about 14 months. Surprisingly, the Lumia 810 is one of the phones I've kept the longest.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-25-2014 07:16 AM
    It's Wednesday. Considering much should be left for Mondays, that way you have the rest of the week to reflect and the weekend to regret or celebrate. :P

Saying that, hopefully it's good considerations?
    Agreed.

It is mixed considerations - some good, some not. We will see how things shake out.

My semester ends next Wednesday, so I have an in class presentation to prepare for. The hardest part about working full time and then running to class is you have to manage yourself to make sure there is enough juice in the tank for class.
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    06-25-2014 07:20 AM
    Looks beautiful indeed. I need more riverside walks to alleviate my stress levels.
    You are welcome to visit us :)

Chregu and gedzum like this.
    06-25-2014 08:05 AM
    06-25-2014 08:10 AM
    06-25-2014 08:50 AM
    I don't think I'll ever understand the fascination with vampires. :/

Especially those 'glam' ones.
    06-25-2014 09:24 AM
    I don't think I'll ever understand the fascination with vampires. :/
    I guess you have never seen or read Twilight then.
    hope4wp likes this.
    06-25-2014 09:29 AM
144,790 ... 28802881288228832884 ...