well im off to sleep.. cant get the song any other name by Thomas Newman out of my head

god night and good morning
    06-26-2014 01:11 AM
    i say July !
    LOL I highly doubt that. I have a phone that's EE branded a company that drags it's get with updates. I think the last update arrived two or so months after everyone else.
    06-26-2014 01:16 AM
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/25/g...d-l-ecosystem/

I liked Google's approach on smartwatches, then I read above article. I don't think I am ready for that yet.
    06-26-2014 01:39 AM
    You're funny. Politicians caring? Especially career politicians? Who are millionaires? Ha!

The political climate in the US is a complete mess. Is it a true reflection of the people? I highly doubt it. I believe many people don't really think about who they vote for or why. The democrats are not really left anymore and the republicans have gone extreme. Their policy is simply block everything and then use Fox News as a means of telling everyone how bad the democrats are.
    Sahib, the speaker of the house suing the president for inaction is a politrickian practicing polifiction at its finest - using fear and diversionary tactics to defect the attention from the people's work that really needs to get done.

I think I may have told this story here, but it bares repeating: I was in a public speaking class in NYC in 2004, during the height the Kerry v G.W. Bush elections. So politics came up and this young type A athletic looking male Jewish lawyer in the group started talking about the candidates and I shrugged my shoulders in apathy. So the facilitator asked me "I see you shrug your shoulders. What's going through your mind?"

My response: "I find it quite sad to see that I left one apathy inducing political experience (in my home country) only to travel 3400 miles to find the same thing here."

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-26-2014 06:02 AM
    Sahib, the speaker of the house suing the president for inaction is a politrickian practicing polifiction at its finest - using fear and diversionary tactics to defect the attention from the people's work that really needs to get done.

I think I may have told this story here, but it bares repeating: I was in a public speaking class in NYC in 2004, during the height the Kerry v G.W. Bush elections. So politics came up and this young type A athletic looking male Jewish lawyer in the group started talking about the candidates and I shrugged my shoulders in apathy. So the facilitator asked me "I see you shrug your shoulders. What's going through your mind?"

My response: "I find it quite sad to see that I left one apathy inducing political experience (in my home country) only to travel 3400 miles to find the same thing here."

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    Funny you responded to Sahib quoting me but that's ok. :P I know you're using the app so things like that happen. :P

I've lived in four countries and traveled to many more. I think politics has become the same everywhere. The only ones making the most noise are the right lately and people notice. The left or center left look like meek dogs with a tail between their legs. No substance and not really saying much anymore. I almost feel like people have lost all interest in social care and reason and seem to think that high level conservatism needs to be imposed on the country again. Sad. Even here in the UK the far right has gained, sadly.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-26-2014 06:09 AM
    Android L is looking interesting. I have this overwhelming desire to install it on my Nexus 7. However I want it to function still so I'll wait. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    06-26-2014 06:11 AM
    Funny you responded to Sahib quoting me but that's ok. :P I know you're using the app so things like that happen. :P

I've lived in four countries and traveled to many more. I think politics has become the same everywhere. The only ones making the most noise are the right lately and people notice. The left or center left look like meek dogs with a tail between their legs. No substance and not really saying much anymore. I almost feel like people have lost all interest in social care and reason and seem to think that high level conservatism needs to be imposed on the country again. Sad. Even here in the UK the far right has gained, sadly.
    Actually, I did that on purpose. Thought it was easier than to double quote and save Sahib time for looking back at what he posted since his original comment was so short. 😊

Yup, it is all the same everywhere. The politrickians don't,really care about the people's work, and the few good ones constantly get voted down. It's why many adopt this defending their home constituents idea that allows them (especially senators here) to be in power for years and year and years.
    06-26-2014 06:35 AM
    Actually, I did that on purpose. Thought it was easier than to double quote and save Sahib time for looking back at what he posted since his original comment was so short. ��
    I should have guessed you had a reason.

Yup, it is all the same everywhere. The politrickians don't,really care about the people's work, and the few good ones constantly get voted down. It's why many adopt this defending their home constituents idea that allows them (especially senators here) to be in power for years and year and years.
    I guess what really baffles me is how so many people in the US actually vote against policies that would actually make their lives better. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. Here in the UK and even when I was in Australia as a populace starts to feel more secure in their work and money is flowing again care for others and community tends to go down the drain. I wonder how much study has been done on this phenomenon. I know similar things happen in the US and Canada. I just find it strange in countries like the UK and Australia which appear on the surface to provide help for those in need seem to get nasty as more and more millionaires are made (usually by property).
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-26-2014 06:52 AM
    Actually, I did that on purpose. Thought it was easier than to double quote and save Sahib time for looking back at what he posted since his original comment was so short. 😊

Well, beat laid plans don't,always work. So Sahib has to go back and read to follow. Oh well, he likes to read it all, so he'll be ok...😊
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    06-26-2014 06:54 AM
    I should have guessed you had a reason.

I guess what really baffles me is how so many people in the US actually vote against policies that would actually make their lives better. I haven't quite figured that one out yet. Here in the UK and even when I was in Australia as a populace starts to feel more secure in their work and money is flowing again care for others and community tends to go down the drain. I wonder how much study has been done on this phenomenon. I know similar things happen in the US and Canada. I just find it strange in countries like the UK and Australia which appear on the service to provide help for those in need seem to get nasty as more and more millionaires are made (usually by property).
    The thing with the US os that the politrickians here are excellent at the polifiction art of word manipulation. This allows them to hide the true impact of a policy in plain sight of many voters who are overloaded with the other aspects of American life. While people care for competence, they will also pick things like charismatic, toughness etc...which cannot be clearly articulated through policies.

Sadly much of the voting populous here is like that: gullible not out of lack of intelligence, but out of how society is set up.
    06-26-2014 07:02 AM
    The hotel I'm staying in has 4 stars. The room is actually split in two rooms, a sleeping room and a living room. The wardrobe you can enter and walk in...

And everything for free. Good times.
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and hope4wp like this.
    06-26-2014 07:03 AM
    As far as Android L goes, I laughed with my Samsung loving friend last,night at the fact that the mobile world has gone flat. It should be interesting to see how Android L runs when released to the OEMs.
    06-26-2014 07:04 AM
    The hotel I'm staying in has 4 stars. The room is actually split in two rooms, a sleeping room and a living room. The wardrobe you can enter and walk in...

That sounds great. You got like free and good accommodation. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:05 AM

Good to hear it. Guess it means you've got multiple spaces for iPadding...😁...
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    06-26-2014 07:05 AM
    As far as Android L goes, I laughed with my Samsung loving friend last,night at the fact that the mobile world has gone flat. It should be interesting to see how Android L runs when released to the OEMs.
    Yeah it's a bit strange but at the same time I think it's good. I should pay more attention to what's going on with Android as I'm half in there. :P

I just got the 4.4 update this morning.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:08 AM
    So...today is another installment of the "professional development meeting" for the team I'm on. I think,I'm gonna hurl.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:09 AM
    Yeah it's a bit strange but at the same time I think it's good. I should pay more attention to what's going on with Android as I'm half in there. :P

I just got the 4.4 update this morning.
    While I don't root as much as I used to, because of the Prince I keep tabs on what's happening there. I thought about getting an i-Device for that purpose, but I don't need a doorstop as yet...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:10 AM
    Sadly much of the voting populous here is like that: gullible not out of lack of intelligence, but out of how society is set up.
    Well let's be real, there are some really 'interesting' individuals in the US and yes I know they exist in other countries as well, the US just seems to have an abundance of them.

As for the ignorance, I think it's partially laziness and partially conforming to societal norms within the community. Some of those red states are red simply because they are red. LOL. :P They can't seem to vote any other way. :P
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    06-26-2014 07:18 AM
    The internet has been around since then so it's possible. :P
    But WP and WMExperts definitively weren't around then so it has to be some error when the forum post was made.
    06-26-2014 07:19 AM
    Sahib, got some work for you today. Listen to these and give me some feedback. Google to find the lyrics and I can translate stuff as needed:

Look (into my eyes) - Bounty Killer
    Anytime - Bounty Killer
    Fed Up - Bounty Killer
    Land of Promise - Nas, Damian Marley, Dennis Brown
    Inner City Blues - Marvin Gaye
    Revolution - Dennis Brown
    Sitting and Watching - Dennis Brown
    All in the Same Boat - Freddie McGregor

Sorry but a taste of social commentary from a different lens is always a good thing...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:23 AM
    But WP and WMExperts definitively weren't around then so it has to be some error when the forum post was made.
    Then it was.... aliens...

Either that or a time stamp issue caused by .... aliens... :P

I see you took my statement a bit too seriously....
    sd173 and sahib lopez like this.
    06-26-2014 07:23 AM
    I think the flatness is just a trend after glossy got boring. This time Microsoft was just faster in implementing it, with glossy it was late and bad ;-)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-26-2014 07:27 AM
    Well let's be real, there are some really 'interesting' individuals in the US and yes I know they exist in other countries as well, the US just seems to have an abundance of them.

As for the ignorance, I think it's partially laziness and partially conforming to societal norms within the community. Some of those red states are red simply because they are red. LOL. :P They can't seem to vote any other way. :P
    Oh, everywhere has that blind party allegiance. That sort of stuff was what I saw a lot of growing up back home and got sick of it. Unfortunately there is such a disconnect between the major leaders here and the voters. The politrickians here care about getting enough numerical votes to pass legislation over anything else. There are times for positive laws such tactics are helpful but in most cases, it is simply being honorable amongst thieves.
    06-26-2014 07:29 AM
    I really want a smartwatch, Google messes with my mind!

But I don't want to talk to my watch, this is not Knight Rider after all. ;-)

Edit: And before these watches don't get a few days of battery life I won't buy one anyway.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-26-2014 07:30 AM
    I really want a smartwatch, Google messes with my mind!

But I don't want to talk to my watch, this is not Knight Rider after all. ;-)

Edit: And before these watches don't get a few days of battery life I won't buy one anyway.
    There was a time when we would have thought all of this is cool. Now being older we understand the implications of it.

A smartwatch is a great idea. Once the battery can last long enough I may consider it. Until then I'll just ignore them.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-26-2014 07:39 AM
143,629 ... 28852886288728882889 ...