did I every say that I like to listen to jazz :3 I have a whole station dedicated to smooth jazz on Pandora
    07-01-2014 12:40 AM
    yay for jazz jazz.jpg
    07-01-2014 12:41 AM
    im not saying that there isn't a problem of course there are things to be fixed but what are they doing to get these problems.
    Probably nothing. For whatever reason the app acts funny. My wife had the duplicate song issue. I didn't do anything different with her phone (820) than I did with mine. Why did it happen? Don't know.

My wife is pretty smart but not tech savvy. She just wants things to work. If I didn't fix her WP she would get something else. That is the issue with WP and tech in general.
    07-01-2014 12:56 AM
    ah when you put it that way it makes better sense . thought I would put it more to 5 days just because that is a work/school week ;) 30 days is overkill
    Most trials for apps is 15 days on mobile. For computer it's normally 30 days.

I thought of another model. How about 15 hours of usage? That should give most people a good feel for the app.
    07-01-2014 12:59 AM
    Probably nothing. For whatever reason the app acts funny. My wife had the duplicate song issue. I didn't do anything different with her phone (820) than I did with mine. Why did it happen? Don't know.

My wife is pretty smart but not tech savvy. She just wants things to work. If I didn't fix her WP she would get something else. That is the issue with WP and tech in general.
    it reminded me of the saying "what might work for you might not work l for me "
    so far wp has worked for me ( minus being left behind by tmobile)
    07-01-2014 01:07 AM
    Most trials for apps is 15 days on mobile. For computer it's normally 30 days.

I thought of another model. How about 15 hours of usage? That should give most people a good feel for the app.
    so a day maybe 2. seems fair enough :)
    07-01-2014 01:09 AM
    well im off to sleep.... good night and good morning
    07-01-2014 01:09 AM
    it reminded me of the saying "what might work for you might not work l for me "
    so far wp has worked for me ( minus being left behind by tmobile)
    That is not a correct statement in this circumstance. We're talking about a product which should work the same for everyone who buys it.

Look at it this way. I buy a baseball bat and I have it for months and it's great. You buy the same one and it breaks with first use. Does that seem fair when both of us have used it the same way? Wouldn't you want a refund?
    07-01-2014 01:14 AM
    I can't stop thinking about transformers 4 what might be in transformers 5. This is worse than my interest in/obsession over what that guy said in the YouTube video about something big coming to WP! Now I know what the character Bryan Cranston played as in Godzilla might have felt like...
    I've heard the story is still as dull as ever, the characters still as pale as ever, the endless robot battles still as exhausting as ever, the movie drags along still as long as ever, meaning it's about an hour too long, the dinosaur robots are just gimmick, but Michael Bay cut down a little from his tremendously stupid puberty humor. So that's one plus I guess.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-01-2014 02:35 AM
    Okay, just that I understand that correctly, Microsoft updates the slow but working calendar app which now crashes when creating a new entry for many people including me.

That probably ends the argument that Microsoft is so slow with updating because they test everything well.

Let's try a restart.

Well that didn't help. Great!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-01-2014 02:48 AM
    Okay, just that I understand that correctly, Microsoft updates the slow but working calendar app which now crashes when creating a new entry for many people including me.

That probably ends the argument that Microsoft is so slow with updating because they test everything well.

Let's try a restart.

Well that didn't help. Great!
    Well that sounds about right. MS 'fixes' one thing and screws up another. :P This has happened with a few of their 'fixes' on WP.

I often wonder if it's hardware or software which is the issue with WP? There's so many issues that I'm not sure what's really causing the problems. It's easy to point at the OS (which makes sense to) but is that really the problem?
    Chregu likes this.
    07-01-2014 02:56 AM
    Well that sounds about right. MS 'fixes' one thing and screws up another. :P This has happened with a few of their 'fixes' on WP.

I often wonder if it's hardware or software which is the issue with WP? There's so many issues that I'm not sure what's really causing the problems. It's easy to point at the OS (which makes sense to) but is that really the problem?
    The hardware is all off-the-shelf, nothing special except the cameras on Lumias I guess. It shouldn't cause that many problems...
    07-01-2014 03:03 AM
    And the stupid broken 30C room! I should just go home and stay home...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-01-2014 03:07 AM
    And the stupid broken 30C room! I should just go home and stay home...
    We all have days like that. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    07-01-2014 03:11 AM
    07-01-2014 04:25 AM
    They have some way to go. I'm curious to see what MS will bring out. If it's bringing out anything. Then of course there will be an Apple version and everyone will go 'OOOOoooo that's great innovation! Who knew you could get a smartwatch!'
    07-01-2014 05:45 AM
    I just saw the prices for the off contract price for L930 and L630 in Australia. That's expensive!

I'm glad I'm not interested in the L930. It's going to be too expensive for what it is. I expect the price to drop rapidly when few people buy it.
    07-01-2014 05:51 AM
    They have some way to go. I'm curious to see what MS will bring out. If it's bringing out anything. Then of course there will be an Apple version and everyone will go 'OOOOoooo that's great innovation! Who knew you could get a smartwatch!'
    I don't know, Apple had the talent to make products that appeal to the people. They weren't the first with a smartphone, but they still changed everything with their iPhone. A phone that was actually lacking in many areas. They weren't the first with a tablet, they weren't the first with a music player. I don't think it's just hype, in my opinion they bring a certain quality to their products that makes them a little bit more polished while focusing on the standard (wealthy) customer, not businesses (like Microsoft tried for years).
    07-01-2014 06:16 AM
    I just saw the prices for the off contract price for L930 and L630 in Australia. That's expensive!

I'm glad I'm not interested in the L930. It's going to be too expensive for what it is. I expect the price to drop rapidly when few people buy it.
    In Germany it's already in stores for much under the recommended price. It's still expensive in comparison to phones with similar hardware and to the current high-end devices.
    07-01-2014 06:16 AM
    Morning folks. I'm 8 hours away from a mini vacation and 1 day away from the end of school.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-01-2014 07:34 AM
    In Germany it's already in stores for much under the recommended price. It's still expensive in comparison to phones with similar hardware and to the current high-end devices.
    Just rrued to check in some stores here today, and the Nokia X is half the price of the 630.

The crazt thing is that people still chiise the 630.
    07-01-2014 07:34 AM
    Morning folks. I'm 8 hours away from a mini vacation and 1 day away from the end of school.
    While you people enjoy your vacations, I on the other hand...

*sobs for heavy workload has already fallen upon me in the first week of school*
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-01-2014 07:35 AM
    While you people enjoy your vacations, I on the other hand...

*sobs for heavy workload has already fallen upon me in the first week of school*
    I don't remember, where are you from? I can imagine some Asian schools being very hard and demanding, at least that's what the cliche says. However on about every other continent I can't imagine you working nearly as hard as MSFTisMIA does. He has a very demanding job and is additionally doing evening courses.

I'm doing a PhD in sciences, and I think what he does is hard as hell.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-01-2014 07:55 AM
    Just rrued to check in some stores here today, and the Nokia X is half the price of the 630.

The crazt thing is that people still chiise the 630.
    It's beyond me what Microsoft is doing here. The only theory that makes at least a little sense to me is, that Nokia had already began production of the X2 and Microsoft decided to sell it to reduce losses.
    07-01-2014 07:57 AM
    I've found an alternative experiment for the cell lines I prepared for microscopy. I'll be doing it tomorrow.

I've found alternatives for the defect 30C room.

So things are starting to run smoother again.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-01-2014 07:58 AM
143,604 ... 29092910291129122913 ...