So I'm currently not overly impressed. I used Nokia Software Utility last night and re-installed my firmware. I then did fresh installs of WP8.1. My phone still heats up with low usage of data and the battery drains like hell. So that was so not worth the effort. I'm contemplating a hard reset but I'll have to wait until I get home as I'm unsure I'll be able to download all my apps again.

I'm so not impressed. :/
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 02:58 AM
    Well, as some kind of hybrid for people who don't want to carry a tablet and are comfortable to carry this massive thing, I think it's perfect!
    But the sharp corners can't be a good thing. I know some of the Nokia phones are a bit pointy but not like that.
    07-08-2014 02:59 AM
    So I'm currently not overly impressed. I used Nokia Software Utility last night and re-installed my firmware. I then did fresh installs of WP8.1. My phone still heats up with low usage of data and the battery drains like hell. So that was so not worth the effort. I'm contemplating a hard reset but I'll have to wait until I get home as I'm unsure I'll be able to download all my apps again.

I'm so not impressed. :/
    Sorry to hear that.
    07-08-2014 03:01 AM
    But the sharp corners can't be a good thing. I know some of the Nokia phones are a bit pointy but not like that.
    These BB users are always on the road, so it's good to have something with you to prepare your sandwiches.
    N_LaRUE and hope4wp like this.
    07-08-2014 03:02 AM
    These BB users are always on the road, so it's good to have something with you to prepare your sandwiches.
    Makes for a good security device? Ninja star? :P Can just see that in a movie couldn't you?
    Chregu and hope4wp like this.
    07-08-2014 03:03 AM
    Sorry to hear that.
    Just goes with the territory of owning a L920... Crap battery and over heating.
    Chregu and hope4wp like this.
    07-08-2014 03:03 AM
    Makes for a good security device? Ninja star? :P Can just see that in a movie couldn't you?
    Yes, I can. At least it would be a cleverer way to promote the phone than these WP product placements. ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:21 AM
    My l1020 heats up when i play games! Or use insta a lot

Sent from my RM-875_im_mea3_231 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 03:21 AM
    Just goes with the territory of owning a L920... Crap battery and over heating.
    I just want to ensure you that it will be significantly better with Lumia Cyan release. That's why mostly Lumia users are experiencing battery drain - Lumia Black + WP 8.1. Inappropriate firmware. I'm back on 8.0 since yesterday *I keep sliding my finger to open Action Center... :(* In general I'm happy with that downgrade. I've unplugged my 820 (it's known from its terrible battery) 10 hours ago, 4out of 10 hours I've been using WPC app, myTube, Messenger + Facebook over wi-fi... I've still got 68%, with WP 8.1 I would have 30% or less now. I've had to charge my Lumia twice a day, or even more.
    hope4wp likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:23 AM
    I just want to ensure you that it will be significantly better with Lumia Cyan release. That's why mostly Lumia users are experiencing battery drain - Lumia Black + WP 8.1. Inappropriate firmware. I'm back on 8.0 since yesterday *I keep sliding my finger to open Action Center... :(* In general I'm happy with that downgrade. I've unplugged my 820 (it's known from its terrible battery) 10 hours ago, 4out of 10 hours I've been using WPC app, myTube, Messenger + Facebook over wi-fi... I've still got 68%, with WP 8.1 I would have 30% or less now. I've had to charge my Lumia twice a day, or even more.
    Well one day, when they decide to release WP8.1, I think it will be sometime in December that I'll get it. You know, after carrier drags their feet releasing it as well, I'll be on to another mobile phone. There's a 50/50 chance it won't be a WP at this stage. So for me, Cyan is simple a non issue at this stage. You can say incompatible firmware but I just started having issues after the last WP8.1 update. There are those who have no issues. Frankly, I've given up trying to figure out why Lumia's are such a pain and all the hassle with them. I'm not impressed personally.

Not to pick on you usage of language, but the word you wanted to use was 'assure' not 'ensure'. :)
    07-08-2014 03:30 AM
    My l1020 heats up when i play games! Or use insta a lot

Sent from my RM-875_im_mea3_231 using Tapatalk
    I don't mind it heating up with games but using data, like Taptalk or Skype? It turns into a bloody induction cooker. No joke. I can cook eggs on it. Seriously.
    07-08-2014 03:33 AM
    I don't mind it heating up with games but using data, like Taptalk or Skype? It turns into a bloody induction cooker. No joke. I can cook eggs on it. Seriously.
    Ummmm using data heats it up :p not wifi though....my l920 does the same!
    07-08-2014 03:38 AM
    Well one day, when they decide to release WP8.1, I think it will be sometime in December that I'll get it. You know, after carrier drags their feet releasing it as well, I'll be on to another mobile phone. There's a 50/50 chance it won't be a WP at this stage. So for me, Cyan is simple a non issue at this stage. You can say incompatible firmware but I just started having issues after the last WP8.1 update. There are those who have no issues. Frankly, I've given up trying to figure out why Lumia's are such a pain and all the hassle with them. I'm not impressed personally.
    Maybe you should consider flashing your Lumia with Country Variant ROM, so you will get the update independently from carrier. :) I have to say that I'm not happy with Windows Phone anymore, it's not about "app gap", I don't need 13516 useless apps to imitate farts :) It's more about quality of apps that are available. Missing features, bugs, updates are not in pair with iOS/Android. I don't use Instagram, but Nokia and MS were so crazy about Instagram release on WP.. and what? It's Beta since the release with 2 major updates and 3minor updates to fix bugs caused by those updates... There are a lot of apps which are at v.5.x.x.x on Android/iOS and they are at 1.0 here, last updated in 2013... Skype is a f... joke as well as other MS services on their own OS..
    07-08-2014 03:42 AM
    Ummmm using data heats it up :p not wifi though....my l920 does the same!
    WiFi seems to be ok on my end as well but I don't use WiFi that much when I'm out. I use data. I simply start up Taptalk or even WPC app and I drain the battery like mad. It drops so quickly. GPS gives me similar problems. My phone was plugged in on the drive to Cardiff and I had practically no battery left when I got there. I won't go into the issues with the GPS that I had on top of that.

I know that this is the DP of WP8.1 and it's not going to be perfect, regardless what people think of it being RTM, but if this is supposed to be good I'm not impressed.
    07-08-2014 03:43 AM
    Maybe you should consider flashing your Lumia with Country Variant ROM, so you will get the update independently from carrier. :) I have to say that I'm not happy with Windows Phone anymore, it's not about "app gap", I don't need 13516 useless apps to imitate farts :) It's more about quality of apps that are available. Missing features, bugs, updates are not in pair with iOS/Android. I don't use Instagram, but Nokia and MS were so crazy about Instagram release on WP.. and what? It's Beta since the release with 2 major updates and 3minor updates to fix bugs caused by those updates... There are a lot of apps which are at v.5.x.x.x on Android/iOS and they are at 1.0 here, last updated in 2013... Skype is a f... joke as well as other MS services on their own OS..
    The app gap is more than about having too many apps and simply about quality. It's about having the main stream apps and some good niche ones as well. Yes, WP has come a long way but like you stated, interest from developers is still waning. We're still missing a lot of the main stream apps let alone niche. That doesn't bode well for WP. Then you add the low quality and lack of features and you got to wonder why anyone sticks with WP.

I won't leave WP just because. I'll leave it for various reasons. Apps is one part but the hardware that's come out recently is unimpressive. I've been pretty much unhappy with my L920 since day one. I'm tired of missing features that 'I' need. I can care less about eye candy I want real functionality. Add in if MS plans to release a high-end Android or allow an Android launcher and I'm so out of here. I don't want half baked solutions I want real development.
    Martsicky likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:48 AM
    as to the rumors...Personally I would like to see a Lumia-like device with Android ;) I don't care if I'm traitor or sth like that. High-End specs, amazing quality of Nokia, beautiful design, awesome camera + the newest Android aboard and I would gladly change :p
    07-08-2014 03:48 AM
    as to the rumors...Personally I would like to see a Lumia-like device with Android ;) I don't care if I'm traitor or sth like that. High-End specs, amazing quality of Nokia, beautiful design, awesome camera + the newest Android aboard and I would gladly change :p
    I don't think the issue is people not wanting an Android Nokia device, I think the issue is people being afraid that it takes away from the Windows Phone devices. Also, Microsoft would betray Windows Phone by doing so, the customer should always buy what's best for him or her.

But if they release a Lumia Android device, it should at least run real Android, not a forked version with an old OS version and a store that will be outdated all the time.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:52 AM
    hmmm yellow 930 (with better specs) with android aboard is something I would definitely buy:)

There's also something that makes me angry. Prices. Lumia 930 isn't something really innovative. Probably it would be, but back in 2013. It will cost more than 700$ here in Poland. I can get a brand new Samsung Galaxy s5 for this price and a Sony Xperia Z2 for 70$ less on amazon/ebay-like polish website. That's what I call a REAL flagship, the best specs available, a lot of technologies, compatibility with everything and every app I would like to see :)

Conclusion: It's a crime to charge that much for an outdated 930....
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-08-2014 03:59 AM
    I'm not overly impressed with the Lumia quality. I personally think they've gone downhill. Nokia's used to have good quality. Nothing that's comes out recently really says that to me.

As for the Android thing, I think Chregu said it well but I'll add my point of view.

MS releasing a high end Android phone is, to me, admitting failure of WP. Plain and simple. If as a company you cannot have confidence in your own OS why should I? That's the best way to put it.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 04:04 AM
    hmmm yellow 930 (with better specs) with android aboard is something I would definitely buy:)

There's also something that makes me angry. Prices. Lumia 930 isn't something really innovative. Probably it would be, but back in 2013. It will cost more than 700$ here in Poland. I can get a brand new Samsung Galaxy s5 for this price and a Sony Xperia Z2 for 70$ less on amazon/ebay-like polish website. That's what I call a REAL flagship, the best specs available, a lot of technologies, compatibility with everything and every app I would like to see :)

Conclusion: It's a crime to charge that much for an outdated 930....
    You won't get much arguments from us on here. We've all pretty much have said the same thing. I have no interest in a L930.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 04:05 AM
    Lets just wait and see if they do release an android phone with the Lumia name before we all condemn Microsoft at this point.
    07-08-2014 04:14 AM
    You won't get much arguments from us on here. We've all pretty much have said the same thing. I have no interest in a L930.
    Someone will say "but Windows Phone runs smoothly with every specs" - I don't care, they charge me for a high-end device and I want a high-end device...Lumia 930 is definitely not a H-E device. Period.

Enough or forum activity, it's time to visit the gym or at least start a day with home workout :) Sadly I can't find a motivation to start running... :/

Edit to the previous posts, 930 will cost about 750$ so both s5 and Z2 are cheaper.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 04:14 AM
    Lets just wait and see if they do release an android phone with the Lumia name before we all condemn Microsoft at this point.
    To be honest, I don't care the slightest bit about the name Lumia. It does mean nothing to me. If they want to dilute their brand it's okay for me.

What I have issues with is the X2 being better and cheaper than the Lumia 630, and the thought that there might be an even higher-end Android phone when there's still a huge gap between the Lumia 630 and the Lumia 930 to be filled with Windows Phone devices.
    07-08-2014 04:20 AM
    Someone will say "but Windows Phone runs smoothly with every specs" - I don't care, they charge me for a high-end device and I want a high-end device...Lumia 930 is definitely not a H-E device. Period.
    I have a dj vu, I wrote exactly the same before ;-)

Enough or forum activity, it's time to visit the gym or at least start a day with home workout :) Sadly I can't find a motivation to start running... :/
    I was already running today :P

Have fun!
    07-08-2014 04:21 AM
    I'm keeping calm and I'm waiting. I'm just surprised that MS hasn't squashed the rumours yet if they were untrue.
    07-08-2014 04:38 AM
142,830 ... 29482949295029512952 ...