Ah forget WP and mobile technology. This is neat.

BBC News - 'Remote control' contraceptive chip available 'by 2018'
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 07-08-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    07-08-2014 05:39 AM
    I'm keeping calm and I'm waiting. I'm just surprised that MS hasn't squashed the rumours yet if they were untrue.
    It's Microsoft, it usually takes them a while to respond to things like this. That doesn't upset me yet.
    07-08-2014 05:39 AM
    It's Microsoft, it usually takes them a while to respond to things like this. That doesn't upset me yet.
    I'm not upset just curious as to why they haven't said anything. If they weren't planning one all they had to say was, no. Wasn't there supposed to be some big announcement today or sometime this month???
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 05:44 AM
    I'm not upset just curious as to why they haven't said anything. If they weren't planning one all they had to say was, no. Wasn't there supposed to be some big announcement today or sometime this month???
    Well, Joe's PR team has to fire up the twitter account first, I guess the interns are still debating about the choice of words :P
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 05:46 AM
    A forget WP and mobile technology. This is neat.

BBC News - 'Remote control' contraceptive chip available 'by 2018'
    If people just would stop having sex before they are married and want to have children, we wouldn't need that! After 6 - 7 children you wouldn't feel like having sex anyway anymore.
    07-08-2014 05:47 AM
    If people just would stop having sex before they are married and want to have children, we wouldn't need that! After 6 - 7 children you wouldn't feel like having sex anyway anymore.
    I detect sarcasm.... :P

I think it's a great invention, not just for contraception pills either. I have nothing against abortion or any other forms of family planning but I think if you can avoid abortion in the first place I think that's a good thing.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-08-2014 05:51 AM
    There's nothing more fun than scrolling through 4669 documents looking for something. :/
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 06:18 AM
    I was just talking to a friend. He thinks about leaving his girlfriend because "he doesn't feel like he can give her what she deserves" and because he feels like he doesn't have the same emotions towards her anymore. He just came from a long trip abroad and she will soon leave for a few months. He is pretty exhausted, she wants to spend as much time with him as possible.

I really hope he doesn't do something stupid. Don't get me wrong, he's a very nice and handsome guy, but she's an amazing woman, one you won't find easily to begin with. I also have seen this before, guys who suddenly feel like they can do better, leaving their long-time girlfriend and then realizing what huge mistake they made (while the women usually recover much faster).

Today I tried to make an argument that it's just a difficult phase for both of them, but maybe I should tell him with more emphasis that he shouldn't do something rushed. Or else I will feel bad too afterwards.

Any thoughts?
    07-08-2014 07:15 AM
    Morning folks. So I went on a purge yesterday and deleted a ton of apps I don't use of my 8X. Gonna see if I can get two days between charges on it now...😊
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 07:31 AM
    Any thoughts?
    That's a tough one and not really knowing the people or the situation correctly it's hard to know the right approach.

Going by what you've said I'd say he's got 'single man syndrome'. Meaning he had a period of time without attachment and maybe felt a bit drowned in the relationship he is in. With a period of freedom he was able to do what he wanted with his time. It probably felt good to him and he likes that feeling. On his return he now is back in the same situation before he left and he feels trapped again.

Some people may consider this a lack of commitment or pressure to commit. What it really boils down to is his desire to 'play' the field and live 'his' life. So instead of conveying to his current partner that he needs some space and maybe things need to change he'd rather just throw it away because he feels that she just won't understand. Add in that she's going away for some time and it appears the 'perfect' timing.

It's kind of like a movie. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 07:34 AM
    For the record, how the Duggars get the time and space to sex and make 19 kids is beyond me. I figured Mrs. Duggar's reproductive organs would have said "uncle" by now, but I guess not...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 07:35 AM
    For the record, how the Duggars get the time and space to sex and make 19 kids is beyond me. I figured Mrs. Duggar's reproductive organs would have said "uncle" by now, but I guess not...
    I had to Google that... ;-)
    07-08-2014 07:39 AM
    You have heard of the Quiverfull movement? If not look it up. It's not only depressing it's utterly wrong. Having that many kids is very damaging for women and I have to agree with you. I'm rather surprised she had that many and didn't die to be honest. I wonder if after 10 they just sort of fall out....
    07-08-2014 07:44 AM
    It's kind of like a movie. :P
    Yeah, I don't know. Both of them were independently very good friends of mine before they got together, I don't really feel like participating in the drama that this could lead to. So maybe I'm just egoistical when I don't want them to split up. Let's see, maybe it's just a phase he has.
    07-08-2014 07:47 AM
    Yeah, I don't know. Both of them were independently very good friends of mine before they got together, I don't really feel like participating in the drama that this could lead to. So maybe I'm just egoistical when I don't want them to split up. Let's see, maybe it's just a phase he has.
    Nothing worse than being in the middle of things. My wife was stuck in that situation in a different form. No one walks away happy in the circumstances.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-08-2014 07:51 AM
    Then there's "Octomom". Artificial Insemination, and now being supported mostly by public assistance, from what I understand. She now has 14 kids, I think.
    07-08-2014 08:17 AM
    A friend of mine asked me if I would join her for a half-marathon. I run pretty much and regularly, but not yet anything like that. So I asked a coworker who has a lot of experience with marathons (the real ones), and she told me how I would have to train for that.

I guess I need a fitness band :P

First I need better shoes though, she said my problems could be from shoes that are not optimal for me. I'll have to go to a good store where they really test that.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 08:17 AM
    So major problems on NJ transit. Gotta switch gears and take the PATH instead. It was just sad watching people try to hop a turnstile, in many ways almost busting their asses to do so. I just paid my fare to avoid such embarrassment.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 08:27 AM
    You have heard of the Quiverfull movement? If not look it up. It's not only depressing it's utterly wrong. Having that many kids is very damaging for women and I have to agree with you. I'm rather surprised she had that many and didn't die to be honest. I wonder if after 10 they just sort of fall out....
    I'm on the fence with that. People have the right to make as many kids as they want, but they're so many kids here that need a loving home. Sigh.
    07-08-2014 08:33 AM
    A friend of mine asked me if I would join her for a half-marathon. I run pretty much and regularly, but not yet anything like that. So I asked a coworker who has a lot of experience with marathons (the real ones), and she told me how I would have to train for that.

I guess I need a fitness band :P

First I need better shoes though, she said my problems could be from shoes that are not optimal for me. I'll have to go to a good store where they really test that.
    I have a co worker I travel on the train with and he does marathons all the time. He also did this ridiculous one in South Africa. He does it mostly for charity drives. I couldn't fathom doing that kind of distance personally but then I'm slightly unhealthy at the moment. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    07-08-2014 08:35 AM
    I had to Google that... ;-)
    I'm sure someone in the Duggar clan went "Bing!" after she popped another kid out.
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-08-2014 08:36 AM
    I'm on the fence with that. People have the right to make as many kids as they want, but they're so many kids here that need a loving home. Sigh.
    There's this really good documentary on population control. It's by David Attenborough. I highly recommend watching it. It's realistic, not full of nonsense.

Here's something to think about. At the time the documentary was made, there were 1 billion women of child bearing age. Think about that.

Also the Quiverfull movement is not about having children it's about creating an army....
    07-08-2014 08:37 AM
    I have done it!!!
    500 times thanked in 300 posts!!
    I'm also nearing 2k posts!!
    Woohoo..
    💃
    07-08-2014 09:21 AM
    I have done it!!!
    500 times thanked in 300 posts!!
    I'm also nearing 2k posts!!
    Woohoo..
    I guess I would have an amazing "Get the hell out of here" score. ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-08-2014 09:23 AM
    Hihihi
    :D
    07-08-2014 09:37 AM
145,901 ... 29492950295129522953 ...