MSFTisMIA, does your sporttrackerwatchbracelet thingy have GPS integrated?

My smartsportbandthingy should have its own GPS sensor and not take the GPS signal from the phone over Bluetooth, as the main purpose would be not to take the phone with me. It should be able to sync everything afterwards.
    07-10-2014 02:15 AM
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/09/a...ach-fit-smart/

That's nice and I have read it has a Windows Phone app. Let's wait for the reviews.
    07-10-2014 02:35 AM
    Of course they can't make non-US Bing better, they are busy with implementing these great and very helpful features:

Bing gets every prediction in knockout stages right, sides with Germany for the final | Windows Phone Central
    07-10-2014 04:41 AM
    Of course they can't make non-US Bing better, they are busy with implementing these great and very helpful features:

Bing gets every prediction in knockout stages right, sides with Germany for the final | Windows Phone Central
    LOL! Yes I find this whole US Bing thing funny. They go on how great it is in the US and not giving any indication that it's total garbage everywhere else. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    07-10-2014 04:51 AM
    we are almost reached the goal. which topic should we discuss now? possibly till the end?
    07-10-2014 04:58 AM
    we are almost reached the goal. which topic should we discuss now? possibly till the end?
    We discuss everything on here and I can't see one topic lasting almost 400 posts. :P

Some topics like religion and politics are not something we get into. Though we have but we've been warned against it. :P

Far as I'm concerned whatever floats your boat but lets stay away from sports. There's enough threads on that already.
    Chregu, kmji1957 and sahib lopez like this.
    07-10-2014 05:01 AM
    I see you're talking about me. All good I hope

We're nearly at 75k now... Trying to decide on the next milestone or whether to rename it the Microsoft positivity thread
    MSFTisMIA, Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    07-10-2014 05:08 AM
    Nothing bad to say about you.... yet... :P

We're nearly at 75k now... Trying to decide on the next milestone or whether to rename it the Microsoft positivity thread
    Give us a reason to be positive and we will be, honest. However, I think it's inherent of humans to be pessimistic. :P
    hope4wp, Chregu, kmji1957 and 1 others like this.
    07-10-2014 05:10 AM

Lately it's been negative :p
    Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    07-10-2014 05:16 AM
    MSFTisMIA, does your sporttrackerwatchbracelet thingy have GPS integrated?

My smartsportbandthingy should have its own GPS sensor and not take the GPS signal from the phone over Bluetooth, as the main purpose would be not to take the phone with me. It should be able to sync everything afterwards.
    I think it does. I'm going to find out because I plan to use to with the Z Ultra and that's a phone I usually leave at home. So I'm going to wear it all day today and come home and see if it will log the information. I think it should though, but I'll let you know in the morning. The logger app looks like a serious battery hog though...
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-10-2014 05:41 AM
    Morning folks. Got meetings this morning I ain't looking forward to. 😒
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-10-2014 05:41 AM

Just put it to 150K.
    N_LaRUE, Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    07-10-2014 05:42 AM
    Lately it's been negative :p
    Life and reality isn't always positive. It's just been a lot of talking about truth lately.
    N_LaRUE, Chregu, kmji1957 and 1 others like this.
    07-10-2014 05:43 AM
    I found an image to make Muessig happy...

windows-phone-metro_0.png
    07-10-2014 05:58 AM
    I found an image to make Muessig happy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Phone Metro_0.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	71537
    Only if it is your sentiment
    07-10-2014 06:10 AM
    Only if it is your sentiment
    I'm more like this -

indifferent.jpg
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:26 AM
    I think it does. I'm going to find out because I plan to use to with the Z Ultra and that's a phone I usually leave at home. So I'm going to wear it all day today and come home and see if it will log the information. I think it should though, but I'll let you know in the morning. The logger app looks like a serious battery hog though...
    Looking very much forward to your experiences :-)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-10-2014 06:27 AM
    Working with a bunch of biologists that are mostly postdocs with a lot of experience can be fun. Today we discussed how to improve humans over lunch, my favorite thing was the idea to express chloroplasts in human cells to reduce necessary food intake by producing energy with photosynthesis.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:29 AM
    Working with a bunch of biologists that are mostly postdocs with a lot of experience can be fun. Today we discussed how to improve humans over lunch, my favorite thing was the idea to express chloroplasts in human cells to reduce necessary food intake by producing energy with photosynthesis.
    Did anyone suggest reducing influence of the mammalian brain on the newer cerebral cortex? That would be a good advancement.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:32 AM
    Did anyone suggest reducing influence of the mammalian brain on the newer cerebral cortex? That would be a good advancement.
    Maybe you should join the discussion sometime. ;-)

What advantages would that have?
    07-10-2014 06:37 AM
    All this wearable tech is interesting. I wonder if I would get a smart watch too. I liked the Kreyos, bit I liked the look of the Pebble Steel. I think I may pass, as wearing a smart band and Bluetooth headset is enough for me for now.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:37 AM
    Looking very much forward to your experiences :-)
    Well, i will keep you posted. One thing I can say so far us that it is comfortable to wear. I slept with it on last night and it was cool. I'm wearing it with the sensor on the inside of the wrist, so maybe that helps...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:40 AM
    Sahib would go for that because it may mean he has to eat tri tip less...
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    07-10-2014 06:42 AM
    Maybe you should join the discussion sometime. ;-)

What advantages would that have?
    It would take away irrational fears which most of us suffer from. We would have more self confidence and greater self-esteem on the whole. Basically our mammalian brain overrides our cerebral cortex when find ourselves in stressful situations. These situations don't need to be physical but the mammalian brain sees it as an attack as such and puts our more rational cerebral cortex to sleep forcing us into the fight or flight mode. So rational thinking goes out the window.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:45 AM
    Sahib would go for that because it may mean he has to eat tri tip less...
    Sahib would cross himself and then start to stone us.
    07-10-2014 06:46 AM
143,641 ... 29722973297429752976 ...