Yes, Cardiff two nights, Bath one night, London one night.

That means you'll be in Switzerland when I'm in Great Britain?

Will you be here on the 1st of August? National holiday in Switzerland ;-)
    We leave on the 2nd of August and we're driving to Luxembourg first.

Do you know where you're staying in London and what you're plans are? I know of a certain area to get good bagels but I don't want to send you too far out of your way.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 05:50 AM
    OH!

This looks like a good shop in Bath. The Whole Bagel, Bath's first Bagel shop. It's in the center and near Pultney Bridge. They pics look good. The place in London I'm thinking of is more traditional.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 05:53 AM
    Apparently there's one of these, The Bagel Bar Coffee House |, in the St David's Shopping Center. It's not listed on the website though.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 05:59 AM
    Guys, I've unfortunately had to remove the religious discussion from earlier on, but don't worry - no one has done anything wrong (according to current ToU).

The concern is that WPCentral is a truly international forum and is read by people from every nation/religion (heck, even iPhone users!). Extended discussions of a religious/political nature have the capacity to get rather heated and lead to acrimony/trolling/etc. Although this wasn't the case here, there's a possibility that someone may jump on this in the future and raise a ruckus or react negatively to some of the participants of this conversation based on their religious views.

Sorry about that. Just moving the gas/petrol can away from the fire...
    hope4wp likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:21 AM
    I think I've read it and "thanked" it. Was it the post that basically said: "it's awesome.... when combined with an Android phone!!!"? ;-)

Without integrated GPS it doesn't help for what I'd like to have it. Even though I understand that it would probably soak the battery empty pretty fast...
    I'm not sure if it has it or not because it wasn't so clear about that in the specs sheet. Its got a 35Mah battery so I'd say it may not have the GPS. Still, if you have it synced to the phone you're currently using g and have on you it can tap into that phone's A-GPS.

What I like most about it is that for my needs, I don't have to have my Z Ultra on me that day for it to capture the data that is important to me. I can sync it twice a day - once before I leave home and once when I get back home.

Overall, it is useful enough for me. Plus I got it for $80, a price I was comforted paying. No way I'm buying stuff like this for over $100, unless it is a smart watch (even those I won't buy for over $150).

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:24 AM
    Morning folks. I actually feel a little bit refreshed. Wish I could stay home again a today and sleep, but I've got a few errands after work I need to run.

Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:25 AM
    Sorry about that. Just moving the gas/petrol can away from the fire...
    It was already extinguished but whatever. Probably best to avoid discussing anything which gets people hot under the collar. We'll just go back to bashing MS and other tech companies. Not that doesn't upset people as well, but at least it's not an indoctrinated view... well unless you like Apple products that is...

Good thing I never really give my real opinion on religion and politics. :P
    Chregu and hope4wp like this.
    07-17-2014 06:37 AM
    Morning folks. I actually feel a little bit refreshed. Wish I could stay home again a today and sleep, but I've got a few errands after work I need to run.

Morning! Welcome to the dead zone! :P
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 06:37 AM
    It was already extinguished but whatever. Probably best to avoid discussing anything which gets people hot under the collar. We'll just go back to bashing MS and other tech companies. Not that doesn't upset people as well, but at least it's not an indoctrinated view... well unless you like Apple products that is...

Good thing I never really give my real opinion on religion and politics. :P
    I'm more impressed by the fact that the mods go that far back to do edits. Man, reading through a thread this large must be murder on the eyes...😉
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    07-17-2014 06:51 AM
    I'm more impressed by the fact that the mods go that far back to do edits. Man, reading through a thread this large must be murder on the eyes...
    I'm guessing someone complained. Just like the last time we had this certain discussion. Either that or it showed up in the feed section and they saw it there.

In any case there are just some 'off topics' that are 'off topic'. :P
    MSFTisMIA and Chregu like this.
    07-17-2014 06:56 AM
    I'm guessing someone complained. Just like the last time we had this certain discussion. Either that or it showed up in the feed section and they saw it there.

In any case there are just some 'off topics' that are 'off topic'. :P
    I guess, but I should be allowed to say that I think all ineffective politicians should be removed from office, placed on a pickling barrel and rolled off a cliff without worrying about someone being offended and taking it as an advocacy of harm to another human being as opposed to an extreme joke about how to deal with corrupt and or ineffective political leadership.
    07-17-2014 07:04 AM
    So more meetings at work, trying to get us to do the work of others and not get compensation for it and ultimately make us more inefficient at our own jobs. I just love how mgmt at my worksite thinks...😵
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-17-2014 07:05 AM
    So what's left to discuss then. Puppies and ice cream like always?

I like puppies and I do like ice cream.

Yesterday I watched Sightseers, it was... different ;-)
    07-17-2014 07:11 AM
    I guess, but I should be allowed to say that I think all ineffective politicians should be removed from office, placed on a pickling barrel and rolled off a cliff without worrying about someone being offended and taking it as an advocacy of harm to another human being as opposed to an extreme joke about how to deal with corrupt and or ineffective political leadership.
    I guess it's all about context. Offense is the easy claim of those who often feel 'hurt' about certain things being said but can't really give a reason for why they are 'hurt' by it.

I can understand that maybe Nadia felt we were ganging up on her but we were just pointing out things we've seen and heard. What she sees and hears is different to what we see and hear. What she treasures as something special in her life, I see it as a toxin on the planet (note: I feel that way about all of them, I'm not being specific). Doesn't mean we can't be friends. :) Varying views and a worldwide group of people is just common for conversation to go all over the place. Unfortunately people rather see people complaining their phones didn't update correctly or that Instagram is still crap or when is the update coming (for the millionth time), rather than deep conversation about real issues in the world. :P

There's a place for everything I guess. :P
    07-17-2014 07:15 AM
    Nothing new on the Android on Windows Phone front. I guess that was the plan all along. Seeding some rumors, waiting until the storm is over, then quietly announcing it officially without anybody caring anymore, as everybody has gotten used to the thought.

Or maybe there won't be Android on Windows Phone. I will probably not care anymore for two years. Then we will see.
    07-17-2014 07:15 AM
    So more meetings at work, trying to get us to do the work of others and not get compensation for it and ultimately make us more inefficient at our own jobs. I just love how mgmt at my worksite thinks...😵
    I think all management is the same the world over. Cut, cut cut... then tell you that people are the most important part of the company...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:16 AM
    So what's left to discuss then. Puppies and ice cream like always?

I like puppies and I do like ice cream.

Yesterday I watched Sightseers, it was... different ;-)
    Puppies are cute but I'm not really a dog person.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:16 AM
    Nothing new on the Android on Windows Phone front. I guess that was the plan all along. Seeding some rumors, waiting until the storm is over, then quietly announcing it officially without anybody caring anymore, as everybody has gotten used to the thought.

Or maybe there won't be Android on Windows Phone. I will probably not care anymore for two years. Then we will see.
    I get the feeling there won't be Android on WP until WP9.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-17-2014 07:18 AM
    I guess it's all about context. Offense is the easy claim of those who often feel 'hurt' about certain things being said but can't really give a reason for why they are 'hurt' by it.

I can understand that maybe Nadia felt we were ganging up on her but we were just pointing out things we've seen and heard. What she sees and hears is different to what we see and hear. What she treasures as something special in her life, I see it as a toxin on the planet (note: I feel that way about all of them, I'm not being specific). Doesn't mean we can't be friends. :) Varying views and a worldwide group of people is just common for conversation to go all over the place. Unfortunately people rather see people complaining their phones didn't update correctly or that Instagram is still crap or when is the update coming (for the millionth time), rather than deep conversation about real issues in the world. :P

There's a place for everything I guess. :P
    We could start a discussion about the new war in the middle east. There we would have it all, mistakes in the past, war at the moment, extremism, a complex situation nobody really knows what to believe and what not, a lot of pointed fingers for decades, and all the important aggressive religions to fight over it all.

No, I would never actually comment on it.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-17-2014 07:19 AM
    Puppies are cute but I'm not really a dog person.
    I love dogs, but I would never want to own one. Too demanding, too much work. It's funny how many people just get a dog without realizing how much time and money you have to spend on it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:20 AM
    I get the feeling there won't be Android on WP until WP9.
    It's Microsoft, it will probably be WP10...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:21 AM
    It's Microsoft, it will probably be WP10...
    Sorry, I was being optimistic. Silly me. :P
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-17-2014 07:22 AM
    I have a very low limit on my credit card, the deposit I'll have to give for the car in Portugal is higher. So I called my credit card company, and the gentleman there told me that I can request a limit increase via my e-banking software, and looking at my account it shouldn't be a problem at all.

So that's what I'm going to do.

I have an extra insurance that covers the deposit, but it only kicks in after I had to pay it.
    07-17-2014 07:46 AM
    My eyes are burning!!!
    Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk
    07-17-2014 07:47 AM
    My eyes are burning!!!
    Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk
    Lack of sleep? Staring at a screen? Set them on fire?
    07-17-2014 07:49 AM
145,309 ... 30463047304830493050 ...