I wonder if this was more people than was expected....

Microsoft to cut 18,000 jobs in the next year | Windows Phone Central
    07-17-2014 07:26 AM
    These days WP reminds me of Lindsay Lohan: still has a little bit of eye candy, trying to get by on past fleeting successes, promises to turn things around but struggles to do so, makes more headlines in less than flattering lights...should I keep going?
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-17-2014 07:26 AM
    Or whoever pleases your eyes! :p
    Jessica Alba was promoting Windows Phone for a while. She's quite cute. She was however posting stuff with her iPhone what was kind of strange ;-)
    hope4wp likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:28 AM
    I'm actually curious about the hype that is cyan. Once I unlock this t-mo 925 I'm moonlighting on, I may hard reset my Malay model and see what becomes of this "great" update.
    07-17-2014 07:29 AM
    These days WP reminds me of Lindsay Lohan: still has a little bit of eye candy, trying to get by on past fleeting successes, promises to turn things around but struggles to do so, makes more headlines in less than flattering lights...should I keep going?
    Why not? Gives us something to talk about.

That announcement has been sent around the world already. Apparently the bulk of the cuts are within the Nokia handset division. So much for quality handsets...
    I gave y'all props for doing that. 
    They must love this thread then. It's amazingly entertaining and you can learn stuff! For example about good ice cream. Mvenpick!
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    I'm actually curious about the hype that is cyan. Once I unlock this t-mo 925 I'm moonlighting on, I may hard reset my Malay model and see what becomes of this "great" update.
    I didn't think there was much in it other than stabilizing WP8.1
    07-17-2014 07:30 AM
    Jessica Alba was promoting Windows Phone for a while. She's quite cute. She was however posting stuff with her iPhone what was kind of strange ;-)
    Using stars to promote your stuff is a big mistake. They just want the money, there's no loyalty there. Not to mention that at the time WP had a really crap app store so you can't blame her. :P
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-17-2014 07:31 AM
    I wonder if this was more people than was expected....

Microsoft to cut 18,000 jobs in the next year | Windows Phone Central
    I think it's more.

Well, I love how Nadella writes that they will offer "job transition help in many locations" and they will be "treated with the respect they deserve for their contributions to this company".

For the first thing, lucky thing if you're in the right location, for the second all I could think of would be "**** you!".
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:32 AM
    I like Jessica Alba (or the public image I've seen of her, to be more precise). At this point, whomever they have selling WP is like putting lipstick on a pig that just finished wallowing in mud. If what you're selling isn't up to snuff, then who you have selling it doesn't matter...
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-17-2014 07:32 AM
    Why not? Gives us something to talk about.

That announcement has been sent around the world already. Apparently the bulk of the cuts are within the Nokia handset division. So much for quality handsets...
    Now, I'm not hating on Lindsay L here, but when you're most recent noteworthy talking point is the list of celebrities you did or didn't iPadded, that says alot there...
    07-17-2014 07:35 AM
    I didn't think there was much in it other than stabilizing WP8.1
    So far that's all I see. The battery is still full of ****. Maybe a hard reset will help but I doubt that.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:36 AM
    Now, I'm not hating on Lindsay L here, but when you're most recent noteworthy talking point is the list of celebrities you did or didn't iPadded, that says alot there...
    I have never iPadded a celebrity in my life. And it is nothing I plan on doing. I would be too afraid of catching an STD...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:37 AM
    So far that's all I see. The battery is still full of ****. Maybe a hard reset will help but I doubt that.
    They have suggested to return to W8 prior to updating to avoid any issues.
    07-17-2014 07:53 AM
    I just want my screen to stop feeling like an induction cooker and I'll be happy...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 07:54 AM
    07-17-2014 07:57 AM
    The Spotify app also loves to play songs twice in shuffle mode. I usually shuffle through great songs, it's still strange...
    07-17-2014 07:58 AM
    He's talking about Android apps :P

Maybe Fastlane? It would certainly be better than this Android knock-off. Nokia was just the better phone company.
    07-17-2014 07:59 AM
    Well, that's typical celebrity nonsense there. I could really care less who sleeps with who personally. :P Women should be able to do whatever they want.

I never understood the Lindsay, Paris and Kardasian thing.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:00 AM
    Stephen Elop explains how recent job cuts will affect Microsoft's handset division | Windows Phone Central

Basically: We'll be continuing doing what we already did, many low-end phones with some high-endish phones sometimes, only with half the man-power than before.
    07-17-2014 08:15 AM
    Yeah actually! Nokia was better!! In India people usually bought Nokia because Shahrukh Khan was in the ad :p
    Yeah, Shah Rukh appeared quite a lot in the ads -N8, Lumia 800(2 times) Lumia 625, Lumia 720, Lumia 1520. Microsoft recently just published an ad for the Lumia 630 which was nice as well.
    07-17-2014 08:18 AM
    It's sad that so many jobs will be lost. I still think Nokia should have gone Android ( at least also Android) in the first place. They would have been able to keep many jobs. The people who were behind Symbian could be developing Android skin and special features. The sells would have been better, that's no brainier. There was debate on Slovenian Android forum where many people said they would buy Nokia Lumia 920 lookalike with Android on it.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:19 AM
    It's sad that so many jobs will be lost. I still think Nokia should have gone Android ( at least also Android) in the first place. They would have been able to keep many jobs. The people who were behind Symbian could be developing Android skin and special features. The sells would have been better, that's no brainier. There was debate on Slovenian Android forum where many people said they would buy Nokia Lumia 920 lookalike with Android on it.
    I loved the Lumia 800 design. But for me, the 920 always felt too big and too clumsy. And the bezels were just ugly.
    07-17-2014 08:23 AM
    I loved the Lumia 800 design. But for me, the 920 always felt too big and too clumsy. And the bezels were just ugly.
    The L920 is big and clumsy. :P It's annoying because it appears like that but then it is a pretty crappy phone on top of it.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:40 AM

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
    I was expecting the layoffs as that's just part and parcel of these things. Usually the first group of layoffs aren't this steep. I guess they already had an idea of what they wanted to do.

I wonder what the cuts are...
    07-17-2014 08:48 AM
144,427 ... 30483049305030513052 ...