The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So the McLaren has been binned. Looks like my next phone is leaning more heavily to android.

Apparently they don't seem to have any flagships in pipeline for the autumn. This is not good.
    It doesn't. If I can find a nice Android with a nano SIM that takes Qi, I may get a 1520. Otherwise, if the Nexus 6 goes of nano-SIM and still keeps Qi, I may get a 930 after all.

WP is now the weekend OS. Sad state of affairs in the court of public opinion.
    07-18-2014 09:27 AM
    I'm shocked they killed the 3D touch Windows phones.
    07-18-2014 09:45 AM
    Btw N_LaRUE, how much do you speak or understand Finnish?
    I used to know more but like all things if you don't use it regularly you loose it. I lived for a year in Finland and took language class. The language is phonetic and had the same alphabet as English, with a couple of additions but due to it's different grammar, though similar in a way to English, it was hard for me.
    kmji1957 likes this.
    07-18-2014 09:50 AM
    I used to know more but like all things if you don't use it regularly you loose it. I lived for a year in Finland and took language class. The language is phonetic and had the same alphabet as English, with a couple of additions but due to it's different grammar, though similar in a way to English, it was hard for me.
    Yes, it's said, that Finnish is a quite hard language to learn, but then again, which one is easy!😊
    07-18-2014 10:12 AM
    Yes, it's said, that Finnish is a quite hard language to learn, but then again, which one is easy!😊
    And as I've said before, I've learned English for almost 50 years now and it's not perfect even now!
    07-18-2014 10:17 AM
    Here's what I find funniest of the McLaren news. When Elop was being courted in the CEO sweepstakes, people yelled murder when he wanted to kill off Xbox of and Bing...people when up in arms. Betcha if Nadella takes some drastic measures to streamline the company people will get their pitchforks the same way...
    07-18-2014 10:39 AM
    I'm shocked they killed the 3D touch Windows phones.
    I'd rather they kill it, rather than release it half baked.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 07-18-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-18-2014 10:40 AM
    And as I've said before, I've learned English for almost 50 years now and it's not perfect even now!
    There are native speakers who's English is worse than yours, so don't sweat it.
    N_LaRUE and kmji1957 like this.
    07-18-2014 10:41 AM
    I'm not sweat it !πŸ˜ƒ
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-18-2014 10:56 AM
    I'm not sweat it !πŸ˜ƒ

You're purposefully ruining your English?
    07-18-2014 11:05 AM
    What's interesting in Finland is that you run into people who speak English very well but usually the first thing they'll tell you is that they don't.

We learned from some of my wife's relatives (mostly around my age or older) that teachers were quite strict with learning English and other languages. Whether this continues today in the same way I'm not sure. Because of this a lot of Finnish people are cautious about saying something wrong.

Saying that however I noticed the last time we were there more English speakers were available. Even in the smaller towns.
    kmji1957 and hope4wp like this.
    07-18-2014 11:06 AM
    Truer words were never spoken. :) All languages are difficult from the perspective of the beginner.
    kmji1957 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-18-2014 11:09 AM
    Yep!πŸ˜ƒ
    hope4wp and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-18-2014 11:10 AM
    Who cares! I can always be like Sahib! Don't care about spelling!πŸ˜ƒ
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-18-2014 11:16 AM
    Who cares! I can always be like Sahib! Don't care about spelling!πŸ˜ƒ

Like I just did :p
    07-18-2014 11:20 AM
    I think Microsoft will release a phone with 3d touch under a different codename. First it was Goldfinger, then McLaren, and now it will be something else this year,IMHO. At least the 3D touch R&D is still going on :/
    hope4wp likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:23 AM
    What's interesting in Finland is that you run into people who speak English very well but usually the first thing they'll tell you is that they don't.

I've met people the opposite of that... Not Finnish, but they say they speak English very well but wait until they open their mouth! :| and the worst thing is you can't even correct them!
    MSFTisMIA and kmji1957 like this.
    07-18-2014 11:26 AM
    I need a new Microsoft mobile as the successor of my yellow minion baby πŸ‘ΆπŸ˜‹
    Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk
    07-18-2014 11:27 AM
    So Google chrome has been sucking battery πŸ”‹ life since 2010.... After four years I finally found out the cause of my father's old hp laptops' πŸ’» battery getting drained quickly in just 2 hours with casual web browsing.It gets 5 hours of battery life on Office 🏒 work. Uninstalling it right now!
    07-18-2014 11:27 AM
    I was thinking of making garlic bread 🍞.... But then I won't get French bread anywhere near :( :'( and it needs butter!!! I'm thinking calories here =| all the good things are high in calories!!
    Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk
    kmji1957 likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:29 AM
    Hey folks I hope you all are enjoying summer
    S Vaibhav and kmji1957 like this.
    07-18-2014 11:33 AM
    Hey folks I hope you all are enjoying summer
    Dilli to bahut dinon baad thanda Hua h na :) ab summer kahan?! :)
    Translation for others-Delhi has gotten cool after a long summer... Where is the summer now....eh, that doesn't sound right, well that's the best translation I can do :)
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:42 AM

We learned from some of my wife's relatives (mostly around my age or older) that teachers were quite strict with learning English and other languages. Whether this continues today in the same way I'm not sure. Because of this a lot of Finnish people are cautious about saying something wrong.

Saying that however I noticed the last time we were there more English speakers were available. Even in the smaller towns.
    My take has always been: English is a P.O.S. language that we have to use thanks to the country with the #1 contemporary economy (US) and the last country to control about 1/5 of the world's geographic landmass (UK).
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:43 AM
    I think Microsoft will release a phone with 3d touch under a different codename. First it was Goldfinger, then McLaren, and now it will be something else this year,IMHO. At least the 3D touch R&D is still going on :/
    For their sake, I hope you're correct.
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:44 AM
    Dilli to bahut dinon baad thanda Hua h na :) ab summer kahan?! :)
    Translation for others-Delhi has gotten cool after a long summer... Where is the summer now....eh, that doesn't sound right, well that's the best translation I can do :)
    ahhan No problem ;) Got admission in college ? this year cut off list is just horrible 100% marks for hansraj college -_- One can do BTech from a private university (amity,Jims )
    hope4wp and S Vaibhav like this.
    07-18-2014 11:46 AM
142,845 ... 30613062306330643065 ...