This was happening while I was sleeping because of time zones. I changed the password right away when I woke up.
    Hackers love Gmail. That's why I dropped Gmail.
    07-20-2014 07:18 AM
    Hackers love Gmail. That's why I dropped Gmail.

I'm also using outlook since purchase of Lumia as my default mail but I still have Gmail because of Android tablet I have.
    07-20-2014 07:33 AM
    I'll agree that W8 needs some work. I have used it well though and in the right circumstances performs great. I honestly don't miss the start button but I can understand people wanting the option.

I've got mixed feelings about Windows 8.

Microsoft was right - RT was best for tablets that most consumers use. What they should have done was having observed what Apple did with the iPad was to have taken the Apple strategy of tablets + phone as one and PCs as separate for now, while they tried to go one code for all. Instead, they went the PCs + tablets as one, phone as the other and doomed RT to fail with that ****** naming strategy.

I like full Windows on my T100. Problem is that the Metro side apps are huge ***, and the OS itself is huge. I barely have anything on the tablet and I'm down to 4GB free HD space. And I have the 64GB version. For me, full Windows tablets should be from the $600 price point up and anything under that should have been Windows Phone. Otherwise, there should be no 32GB tablets, when the OS out of the box eats half that space.

Little things like that and seeing how siloed MSFT is makes me think they have a great shot of being an also ran if Nadella cannot iron things out in the next two years.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-20-2014 07:33 AM
    Speaking about Sahib, where is he?
    Hopefully pregnant with excitement over some new girl he's met.
    kmji1957 and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-20-2014 07:34 AM
    Hopefully pregnant with excitement over some new girl he's met.
    Lol!😄
    07-20-2014 07:52 AM
    I don't think Microsoft is on a high...

I could write so much about this, but I think buying an iPhone or an Android device will be enough regarding their Windows Phone plans.

Well, when the Xbox One will be released here in September the PS4 will already have its market share, and it will be the better console. Now I wrote something.

However rational Microsoft's reason for all of this, they have the crappiest PR ever. All the left promises seem to me like mockery. Towards pretty much everybody including the company itself.

Let's see where they are heading, and I will enjoy the competition's products while doing so.
    07-20-2014 08:20 AM
    I don't think Microsoft is on a high...

I could write so much about this, but I think buying an iPhone or an Android device will be enough regarding their Windows Phone plans.

Well, when the Xbox One will be released here in September the PS4 will already have its market share, and it will be the better console. Now I wrote something.

However rational Microsoft's reason for all of this, they have the crappiest PR ever. All the left promises seem to me like mockery. Towards pretty much everybody including the company itself.

Let's see where they are heading, and I will enjoy the competition's products while doing so.
    There's a lot about WP I still like. The high end Lumias have some of the best, if not the best, smartphone cameras on the market. My 920 was good, the 925 is slightly better, and I often what i could do with a 930/1520 or even a 1020 camera.

My concern is that I don't see the arc of progress as cleanly with WP as you can with Android and iOS. Buying Nokia was ultimately necessary but a setback for the OS. MSFT's weaknesses have been carrier relationships and they haven't done anything to fix that. They're still using the exclusive model of 4 years ago.

They better know what they're doing as they may look like RIM...a hangers on type. I may get one of the newer handsets in a few months but unless the prices get very competitive, and more importantly, their software and aftercare improves, they've got little shot unless they have something earthshaking.
    Chregu, kmji1957 and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-20-2014 09:00 AM
    Yeah, I also still like Windows Phone. And maybe I'll come back to it in a year or two.

My mother wrote me that her Lumia 620 broke, so I told her to ask my brothers for a phone with Whatsapp that I can send it in. Now I'm visiting her but she's not home yet.

Two interesting things:

The replacement she got is a Galaxy Note, I looked it up. 5.3 inches screen. However I look at it I can't get used to this size. It's huge.

The second thing, I plugged her Lumia in and started it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened... It just started and is running fine now.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-20-2014 09:09 AM
    Speaking about Sahib, where is he?
    I think he had a wedding yesterday and some party today.
    Chregu and kmji1957 like this.
    07-20-2014 09:29 AM
    Why WP??? Why MSFT??? I'm depressed 🙎
    Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk
    07-20-2014 09:32 AM
    There's a lot about WP I still like. The high end Lumias have some of the best, if not the best, smartphone cameras on the market. My 920 was good, the 925 is slightly better, and I often what i could do with a 930/1520 or even a 1020 camera.

My concern is that I don't see the arc of progress as cleanly with WP as you can with Android and iOS. Buying Nokia was ultimately necessary but a setback for the OS. MSFT's weaknesses have been carrier relationships and they haven't done anything to fix that. They're still using the exclusive model of 4 years ago.

They better know what they're doing as they may look like RIM...a hangers on type. I may get one of the newer handsets in a few months but unless the prices get very competitive, and more importantly, their software and aftercare improves, they've got little shot unless they have something earthshaking.
    I agree with all this. However, even though I still like my L920 camera they managed to screw up the camera software which caused me and others to hard reset our phones in hopes of fixing it.

My main concern is that neither Nokia or MS performed well since I purchased a WP. Both have provided issues with my experience and even with the WP8.1 it's not exactly motoring ahead like I'd hoped it would. Cyan is taking forever to roll out. Developers haven't released updates to work with WP8.1 and many are still in Beta. What's with the f'in Beta nonsense anyway? Why do they have two f'in versions of the software running at the same time???

What I want is a hardware that works and makes the experience swift and sleek and I want an OS that caters to my needs in a timely manner. At this stage WP is providing neither. This why I'm seriously considering either a Sony (BP you watching?) or Nexus 6. Unless WP manages to pull a miracle in the next 5 months I'll be on an Android phone next year or sooner.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-20-2014 09:36 AM
    Why WP??? Why MSFT??? I'm depressed
    Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk
    No reason to be depressed. It's just consumer goods. :P
    Chregu, kmji1957 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-20-2014 09:37 AM
    Surprised to see you pop in on a Sunday. And here I thought I had to go Sahib and post like crazy, talking about different topics on a quiet spell...

I still may do that, but now if I choose not to, it's cool.
    This Sunday is a bit of slow one for me. :)
    kmji1957, Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-20-2014 09:38 AM
    No reason to be depressed. It's just consumer goods. :P

I'm just hungry lol 😁
    Chregu likes this.
    07-20-2014 09:57 AM
    I'll give my 8X to my mother in autumn. It works the same as her Lumia and I have never any issues. Also, most of the hardware was just recently replacement, it's practically a new phone.

On her Lumia the screen is often unresponsive, and the phone really didn't work anymore. My brother took out the SIM to look at the size, I guess that was the trick, however they didn't try again starting it up afterwards.
    07-20-2014 09:57 AM
    I'll give my 8X to my mother in autumn. It works the same as her Lumia and I have never any issues. Also, most of the hardware was just recently replacement, it's practically a new phone.

On her Lumia the screen is often unresponsive, and the phone really didn't work anymore. My brother took out the SIM to look at the size, I guess that was the trick, however they didn't try again starting it up afterwards.
    Maybe she'll like the Note 3. :P

I've heard that some low end Nokia's don't work very well. It probably needs a hard reset after the Cyan update.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-20-2014 10:21 AM
    some pics from yesterday.

bee.jpg
    house.jpg
    manor-house.jpg
    manor-house1.jpg
    road-2.jpg
    road-3.jpg
    road.jpg
    surrey-hills.jpg
    surrey-hills1.jpg
    hope4wp, Chregu, S Vaibhav and 3 others like this.
    07-20-2014 10:29 AM
    The grass always looks greener on the other side :) but it ain't so :P
    07-20-2014 10:31 AM

So green 🍀 pretty images
    kmji1957 and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-20-2014 10:40 AM
    Maybe she'll like the Note 3. :P

I've heard that some low end Nokia's don't work very well. It probably needs a hard reset after the Cyan update.
    It's the Note 1, and there's no Cyan update for her phone yet ;-)
    07-20-2014 10:40 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bee.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	659.9 KB 
ID:	72580

Name:	House.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	985.9 KB 
ID:	72581

Name:	Manor House.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	72582

Name:	Manor House1.jpg 
Size:	728.6 KB 
ID:	72583

Name:	Road 2.jpg 
Size:	847.3 KB 
ID:	72584

Name:	Road 3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	797.6 KB 
ID:	72585

Name:	Road.jpg 
Size:	880.7 KB 
ID:	72586

Name:	Surrey Hills.jpg 
Size:	747.9 KB 
ID:	72587

Name:	Surrey Hills1.jpg 
Size:	894.2 KB 
ID:	72588
    Awesome 🙆 pics :) Which phone 📞 did you use?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-20-2014 10:43 AM
    R.I.P. James Garner

(the Maverick, The Rockford Files)
    07-20-2014 10:47 AM
    R.I.P. James Garner

(the Maverick, The Rockford Files)
    Be sure to throw this up in the celeb obituaries thread.
    07-20-2014 10:53 AM
    Awesome pics :) Which phone did you use?
    I'm guessing his L920 :P
    S Vaibhav and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-20-2014 11:01 AM
    I agree with all this. However, even though I still like my L920 camera they managed to screw up the camera software which caused me and others to hard reset our phones in hopes of fixing it.

My main concern is that neither Nokia or MS performed well since I purchased a WP. Both have provided issues with my experience and even with the WP8.1 it's not exactly motoring ahead like I'd hoped it would. Cyan is taking forever to roll out. Developers haven't released updates to work with WP8.1 and many are still in Beta. What's with the f'in Beta nonsense anyway? Why do they have two f'in versions of the software running at the same time???

What I want is a hardware that works and makes the experience swift and sleek and I want an OS that caters to my needs in a timely manner. At this stage WP is providing neither. This why I'm seriously considering either a Sony (BP you watching?) or Nexus 6. Unless WP manages to pull a miracle in the next 5 months I'll be on an Android phone next year or sooner.
    Short list: Sony Z1 Compact, Sony Z2, LG G3
    Future devices: Sony Z3 compact, Sony Z3, Moto X+1, Nexus 6

If you like a light and unobtrusive skin, outside of the Nexus line, Sony and Moto have it. If you like a smaller device, Moto has it or the Z1/Z3 Compact. Of you don't mind a bigger phone, Z2 and maybe the Z3 or Nexus 6. If you want an all on one, the G3 is the best out now.

The cameras on the models that are out are OK. Your 920 smokes the Moto X (so does my 8X), and is just as good as the Sony models, since the Z1/Z1Compact/Z2 uses the exact same camera. If the camera is important you may want to wait until you see how the newer models fare. I enjoy my Z Ultra so if you can get a Sony at a good price their stuff is a nice buy. My Z Ultra and the Z1Compact have been getting updates very quickly. Everyone has gone WP like flat in their UI design so I'm curious to see what Sony does.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    07-20-2014 11:51 AM
143,631 ... 30663067306830693070 ...