I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Saturday night on TV.

My issue with the these movies is not so much the story or how things happen, it's the stupid title. We're already living on 'planet of the apes'. :P i.e.: Humans. :P

The apes are more interesting than the humans in the new movie.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-21-2014 03:08 AM
    Here's some screenshots to show what I meant.

This is what I get when I start the app.

Attachment 72664

This is the screen when I slide up on that screen from the bottom

Attachment 72665

Settings

Attachment 72666

Route Settings

Attachment 72667

Hmm, this really isn't in Chregu's app because he is talking any Here Maps and you are talking about Here Drive :D.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:08 AM
    It's the same here in the UK that you have to buy them then either remember to bring them to the next 3D movie or you can recycle them.

We don't get a price break here. We still pay $5 more per ticket even if we have our own 3D glasses. ☹
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:09 AM
    I do calligraphy or I should say, I used to do calligraphy. With a fountain pen you need to take your time otherwise you make a mess out of things.

My favourite fountain pens are lever fill or piston fill. I.e., an ink bottle is required.

I don't care for ink cartridges. I go completely 'old school' with my fountain pens. Most of my pens have 14k or 18k nibs. I prefer medium or fine nibs.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:14 AM
    I do calligraphy or I should say, I used to do calligraphy. With a fountain pen you need to take your time otherwise you make a mess out of things.

The paper is important too.
    07-21-2014 03:16 AM
    Hmm, this really isn't in Chregu's app because he is talking any Here Maps and you are talking about Here Drive :D.
    I guess I got confused. Weird that HERE maps would avoid tolls. Maybe they link preferences?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:17 AM
    We don't get a price break here. We still pay $5 more per ticket even if we have our own 3D glasses. ☹
    Oh, the 3D movie is still more expensive! LOL! We pay for the glasses on top of that which you then own or can recycle.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:22 AM
    The apes are more interesting than the humans in the new movie.
    Woops! I made a mistake. I meant Rise, not Dawn. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:23 AM
    The paper is important too.
    Oh yes. Wrong paper and you have a complete mess.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:26 AM
    My favourite fountain pens are lever fill or piston fill. I.e., an ink bottle is required.

I don't care for ink cartridges. I go completely 'old school' with my fountain pens. Most of my pens have 14k or 18k nibs. I prefer medium or fine nibs.
    It's been a while for me. I used the ink cartridges and even the markers as they were less messy. I wasn't that old school I have to admit.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:27 AM
    Oh, the 3D movie is still more expensive! LOL! We pay for the glasses on top of that which you then own or can recycle.

I wouldn't mind buying the 3D glasses and bringing them to the cinema if I got a price discount on tickets. Paying $5 more per ticket whether I use my own 3D glasses or borrow the ones from the cinema is a rip-off.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:27 AM
    I don't find it, could it be missing in the non-Nokia app? I don't see a cog wheel anywhere.

Doesn't matter much though. There are roads next to the motorway, Here Maps still sends me into the hills...
    It would appear I got confused. :/

I did directions on my phone via maps and it seemed to work. Bit odd that yours is sending you off somewhere.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:28 AM
    I wouldn't mind buying the 3D glasses and bringing them to the cinema if I got a price discount on tickets. Paying $5 more per ticket whether I use my own 3D glasses or borrow the ones from the cinema is a rip-off.
    I checked the prices. It's about 3 more per ticket here plus the glasses I think the glasses are 1 or possibly 2.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:31 AM
    Beside fountain pens, I also like railroad standard pocket watches.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:37 AM
    Here in the US, the 3D glasses are handed out with tickets in a sealed package. The glasses are recycled afterward, and there are bins to place the glasses in upon exit.
    It was like that here too in the beginning. They then probably thought they can make more money if they sell the glasses every time as they get lost or forgotten anyway.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:41 AM
    Here's some screenshots to show what I meant.

This is what I get when I start the app.

This is the screen when I slide up on that screen from the bottom

Settings

Route Settings
    That must be Here Drive and not Here Maps, certainly it's not the app I have on my 8X :-(
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:42 AM
    I guess I got confused. Weird that HERE maps would avoid tolls. Maybe they link preferences?
    I still think it's bad calculating and not avoiding tolls. Google Maps recommends this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=o...=h&mra=ls&z=11

Without tolls it's this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=o...=t&mra=ls&z=11

It's pretty much exactly the same, a little shorter without tolls but it calculates the time to be 30 minutes longer. Here Maps sent me up into the hills to the North for no reason whatsoever.

...except maybe the beautiful scenery.
    07-21-2014 03:46 AM
    I still think it's bad calculating and not avoiding tolls. Google Maps recommends this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=o...=h&mra=ls&z=11

Without tolls it's this route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=o...=t&mra=ls&z=11

It's pretty much exactly the same, a little shorter without tolls but it calculates the time to be 30 minutes longer. Here Maps sent me up into the hills to the North for no reason whatsoever.

...except maybe the beautiful scenery.
    HERE drive does some weird things as well. I'm starting to think that maybe their antilogarithms are a bit messed up. Still, with just the map app it should just run the shortest route.
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-21-2014 03:55 AM
    I checked the online version of HERE. It seems identical to Google.

HERE - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes
    07-21-2014 03:57 AM
    I checked the online version of HERE. It seems identical to Google.

HERE - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes
    It finds the wrong La Sauge (in the app I could choose the right one, in the online version I don't see how), but at least it chooses a direct way. That's something!
    07-21-2014 04:00 AM
    Want to hear another Spotify story?

Today I had to restart my phone, not because of a Spotify bug as usually, but because of a Windows Phone bug. I couldn't adjust the earphone volume anymore, it changed the number, but it stayed the same.

Windows Phone and Spotify combined make me to restart my 8X almost everyday. ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-21-2014 04:01 AM
    I just browsed a little through the LG G3 forum over at Android Central, and there seem to be some devices with issues, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I'll have to visit a phone store to have a real comparison between the current Android devices. All the flagships are sold by my provider, so I'll go there, it's pretty near also. And they offer the Lumia 930, so I'll have this comparison too ;-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-21-2014 04:26 AM
    I just browsed a little through the LG G3 forum over at Android Central, and there seem to be some devices with issues, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I'll have to visit a phone store to have a real comparison between the current Android devices. All the flagships are sold by my provider, so I'll go there, it's pretty near also. And they offer the Lumia 930, so I'll have this comparison too ;-)
    Sounds like a plan. I don't think I ran across the LG G3 when I went for a wander though the phone stores on Friday. At least I don't recall seeing it.

I was startled by how much the L930 looks like the Sony phones. They're all starting to look very similar now.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 04:41 AM
    so I was away because since Thursday night I was in a bad mood till now. I didn't want to bring negativity to this thread or anyone so I ignored peeps who texted me. Friday was me being mad then I thought Saturday would be a good day because you know my family and I were invited so we went. alright so I was there standing and opining the door to people who were coming in. so there was a group of girl who came and you know I opened the door and they gave me a look of what I was doing. I was already ticked off but I didn't care a lot . then came when I sat down and it happened to be near those girls. so there this one was girl who had her food and I was already getting up so I pull the chair back so she could sit. I smiled and went to get my food. around that same time I opened the door for another girl to be nice. so I went to sit down to eat and a guy came up to me ( the father ) and essentially told me to cool it because his daughters told him I was hitting on them . I told him " oh sorry but I was just being nice" then he told me to say sorry to them. I told them sorry in front of other people who didn't know the whole story only the part of my saying sorry. I didn't dance with anyone because that happened so I just drank soda the whole wedding party
    Times have changed. There was nothing wrong with what you did. The problem you ran into was that there have been many a guy who tried to hit on women by going the "super nice route" and they were never genuine. What ticked me about the story was how the dad made you apologize to them in front of other people. What that did was reinforce the idea to his daughters is that whenever a man is nice to you ( and he is not a family member) it is a sexual thing.

I don't open doors as much as I used to. I may let 1-2 women cut in front of me but I go no further than that for those reasons. There are many a women I'd like to compliment when I see passing because I genuinely like either the color or print of what they're wearing or how their hair or make up looks and I don't for those reasons. We live in cynical times, Sahib. Welcome to the jungle.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    N_LaRUE, Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    07-21-2014 05:17 AM
    I'm right-handed, however I write with my left. First pen in the wrong hand kind of story. It's quite interesting in the lab as this leads to me using different hands for different tasks.
    Then you're ambidextrous, not right handed.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    07-21-2014 05:20 AM
144,453 ... 30713072307330743075 ...