In the days when my mother was going to school they still forced people to write with their right hand. Usually using a ruler to whack them if they used their left. You probably already know this but another term for left handed is southpaw. A lot of the left handers I've know always were quite artistic.
    I remember those days because I got the tail end of it. My folks did that at hone and I wrote so slow as a rightie they just let me be. I can write very legibly with my right hand but it is so much slower. I only go right is whenever I want to play a prank because it looks so different from my regular penmanship.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    07-21-2014 05:23 AM
    I just browsed a little through the LG G3 forum over at Android Central, and there seem to be some devices with issues, but it doesn't seem too bad.

I'll have to visit a phone store to have a real comparison between the current Android devices. All the flagships are sold by my provider, so I'll go there, it's pretty near also. And they offer the Lumia 930, so I'll have this comparison too ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing it. The G3 appears to be a nice enough phone. I think I'll check it out after work myself.

Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:29 AM
    Sounds like a plan. I don't think I ran across the LG G3 when I went for a wander though the phone stores on Friday. At least I don't recall seeing it.

I was startled by how much the L930 looks like the Sony phones. They're all starting to look very similar now.
    There's only so much you can do with these candy bar shapes...just wait until MSFT goes to on screen buttons fully and they'll all look really alike...

N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-21-2014 05:30 AM
    They've fired Jerry Berg AKA Barnacules Nerdgasm you guys.
    07-21-2014 05:39 AM
    Times have changed. There was nothing wrong with what you did. The problem you ran into was that there have been many a guy who tried to hit on women by going the "super nice route" and they were never genuine. What ticked me about the story was how the dad made you apologize to them in front of other people. What that did was reinforce the idea to his daughters is that whenever a man is nice to you ( and he is not a family member) it is a sexual thing.
    That was very poor on the father's side in my opinion. Obviously over protective. Worried about his daughters going out with the wrong guy, etc. I didn't quite get the apology thing personally.

I don't open doors as much as I used to. I may let 1-2 women cut in front of me but I go no further than that for those reasons. There are many a women I'd like to compliment when I see passing because I genuinely like either the color or print of what they're wearing or how their hair or make up looks and I don't for those reasons. We live in cynical times, Sahib. Welcome to the jungle.

The issue here is that we have the problem of political correctness, harassment and feminism all making a confusing mess out of what is appropriate. Rules have changed and people are more cautious about what they say. In the wrong context you can find yourself in all sorts of trouble. I usually just keep my mouth shut but show politeness to everyone, not just women. If someone wants to take it the wrong way that's their problem. I just don't say anything to anyone about their appearance. It's just too risky.
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    07-21-2014 05:48 AM
    They've fired Jerry Berg AKA Barnacules Nerdgasm you guys.
    Don't know anything about this guy so means nothing to me. Horrible avatar btw...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:50 AM
    There's only so much you can do with these candy bar shapes...just wait until MSFT goes to on screen buttons fully and they'll all look really alike...

WP depresses me enough as it is...
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-21-2014 05:51 AM
    Then you're ambidextrous, not right handed.
    Not really, I just learned how to write with left. Everybody can do it, and after you did it for over 20 years you get pretty good at it. I'm definitely right handed, I do everything with right. In the lab I do things with left like picking colonies that need a lot of control, I think it's very similar to writing and that's the reason I do it with left.
    07-21-2014 05:57 AM
    Not really, I just learned how to write with left. Everybody can do it, and after you did it for over 20 years you get pretty good at it. I'm definitely right handed, I do everything with right. In the lab I do things with left like picking colonies that need a lot of control, I think it's very similar to writing and that's the reason I do it with left.
    With the right/left hand thing. I do things with both hands some simply due to practice and others because it just felt natural.

I can write with my left as I broke my right arm when young so I didn't have much choice. I can throw with both but I'm more precise with my right. I'm left handed in hockey and right in baseball. Right with golf.

I wouldn't consider myself completely ambidextrous as I tend to use the right hand more than the left.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 06:06 AM
    I just posted on a thread that I might get flamed on. Hmmm....
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    07-21-2014 06:23 AM
    I don't think I would have apologized in Shaib's position. That would probably not have ended nicely.

However I don't think that this would have been a problem anyway with the families my family socialized with.
    07-21-2014 06:25 AM
    I just posted on a thread that I might get flamed on. Hmmm....
    Shame on you for having a different opinion! You don't know anything! Windows Phone is the best, and nothing is better and soon everybody will know it and buy it and make Microsoft rich!
    07-21-2014 06:26 AM
    I don't think I would have apologized in Shaib's position. That would probably not have ended nicely.

However I don't think that this would have been a problem anyway with the families my family socialized with.
    He was at a wedding and it would appear sitting at a table with people he didn't know for whatever reason. In the circumstances I would told the father to **** off, in a nice way. Explaining that I was just being polite and not hitting on them and no apology was necessary.
    07-21-2014 06:27 AM
    Shame on you for having a different opinion! You don't know anything! Windows Phone is the best, and nothing is better and soon everybody will know it and buy it and make Microsoft rich!
    Thanks for the warm up. :P
    07-21-2014 06:27 AM
    He was at a wedding and it would appear sitting at a table with people he didn't know for whatever reason. In the circumstances I would told the father to **** off, in a nice way. Explaining that I was just being polite and not hitting on them and no apology was necessary.
    That I would do nowadays, back then it could have been that I told this guy to **** off in not such a nice way while blushing deeply from anger and frustration ;-)
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-21-2014 06:33 AM

Neither would I have apologized. I too would tell him to go fly a kite.
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-21-2014 06:35 AM
    Sigh. I just cannot dig music audio on a WP made by Nokia. I don't need it insanely loud, but I don't feel I need to turn the volume up to near WP7 levels to listen to music during a noisy commute...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-21-2014 06:38 AM
    Rocking a light pink dress shirt to go with my black slacks for work today. I do like wearing this color periodically. One of my favorite suit color combos is pink and black...especially that salmon style pink.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 06:41 AM
    Rocking a light pink dress shirt to go with my black slacks for work today. I do like wearing this color periodically. One of my favorite suit color combos is pink and black...especially that salmon style pink.
    I can't wear reds or shades there of. I do own a couple of red shirts but they're home wear only. I'm more in blues and blacks. Today I have sort of light purple on.
    MSFTisMIA and Chregu like this.
    07-21-2014 06:44 AM
    I can't wear reds or shades there of. I do own a couple of red shirts but they're home wear only. I'm more in blues and blacks. Today I have sort of light purple on.
    I've got some purps in my closet I like to wear too. Red is one of my favorite colors to wesr but because I travel via public transport, I don't want someone think I'm claiming by wear red. There are some Blood sects in Newark. Don't need that. So when I go on vacation I'll wear red. Sad, but that's how it is...
    07-21-2014 06:50 AM
    Sometimes I wonder about the nuances I may have to teach my kids if and when I get to that point. I give folks who genuinely want to be parents in these times great respect...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 06:54 AM
    Sometimes I wonder about the nuances I may have to teach my kids if and when I get to that point. I give folks who genuinely want to be parents in these times great respect...
    Honestly, I don't have much respect for many parents. Some yes, but not many. Most tend to be either self centered and see the child of some extension of themselves while others tend to be parents because they feel that's what they should be doing. We also have the accidental parent, which there's no real need to go into.

To me, parenting today is not something I'd want to do. Our consumerist society coupled with societal expectations would be enough to drive me mad. Kids it would seem are no longer kids. Or sometimes, they're too much kid, meaning too much freedom. It seems balance is gone from the whole equation.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 07:02 AM
    I wouldn't have apologized in Shaib's case.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 07:10 AM
    Don't know anything about this guy so means nothing to me. Horrible avatar btw...
    The guy that said: We all suspected that the something amazing, for Nokia McLaren. AkA the ex-Senior Software Development Engineer for Microsoft.
    Not a fan of Sanaa Lathan looks, sir?
    07-21-2014 07:15 AM
    I'd like to have kids some day. Even though I know I would have terrible times ahead of me. I still think the chances are high that the joy of having kids will make up for it.
    07-21-2014 07:18 AM
143,629 ... 30723073307430753076 ...