I can see it now :P snowflake getting an iPhone and rue getting a nexus device and mia getting android for his daily driver !
    07-21-2014 02:33 PM
    I can see it now :P snowflake getting an iPhone and rue getting a nexus device and mia getting android for his daily driver !

And then there is us two, with old Lumia 800 series. :D
    07-21-2014 02:37 PM
    And then there is us two, with old Lumia 800 series. :D
    +810 FTW ....... and hopefully a +830?
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-21-2014 02:52 PM
    I haven't decided on a Nexus yet or any phone for that matter. I'm waiting and seeing what comes. I'm not in a hurry. At this point there is nothing, on any platform, that I'm interested in. WP is still OK but I want to see some movement in apps and some movement in the OS. I don't want another two years between major updates. This is one of the reasons why I'm holding off doing anything. Everything seems to be in some form of flux. Android, WP and even iOS. So it's best to wait and see.
    sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-21-2014 02:59 PM
    +810 FTW ....... and hopefully a +830?

Probably yes.
    07-21-2014 03:03 PM
    Probably yes.
    hope so because I would like to get one :D
    07-21-2014 03:08 PM
    hope so because I would like to get one :D

I had an intention of waiting for Goldfinger's price to drop but since it's canceled and 930 is no go because lack of glance so L830 would be normal upgrade. Lets just hope on processor better than Snapdragon 400.
    07-21-2014 03:15 PM
    I had an intention of waiting for Goldfinger's price to drop but since it's canceled and 930 is no go because lack of glance so L830 would be normal upgrade. Lets just hope on processor better than Snapdragon 400.
    how about A SD 600 ! yay but I would be happy with SD 400 with 1gb of ram :) for me that would be a good starting point
    07-21-2014 03:27 PM
    After not using my 1520 for a little more than 15 hours, I've gotten over 50 notifications.
    07-21-2014 03:30 PM
    After not using my 1520 for a little more than 15 hours, I've gotten over 50 notifications.
    o.o popular XD
    sd173 likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:34 PM
    That sounds like an iPadding invite to me! Go hurry! Buy that new phone Q-U-I-C-K! 
    Don't worry, my brain is never occupied enough to prevent me from iPadding, most of all not by phones ;-)
    N_LaRUE, sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-21-2014 03:38 PM
    Um, did you see me state any particular model? Or say anything specific? Nope. Not everything is Lumia. We already know that MS has allowed none physical buttons so that manufacturers can make cheaper phones. Blue and Yazz are two low cost vendors which will probably use this method to keep costs down.
    I can still read it in the quotes. I can still read it in the quotes...
    07-21-2014 03:40 PM
    Don't worry, my brain is never occupied enough to prevent me from iPadding, most of all not by phones ;-)
    its occupied by ........SCIENCE
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:43 PM
    Sorry...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:45 PM
    lol funny that you replied to something that didn't have to do with rues comment :P funny
    07-21-2014 03:45 PM
    its occupied by ........SCIENCE
    That is annoying. Also, people have a f'd up view of science.
    07-21-2014 03:46 PM
    Now that I made my mind up about potentially buying an Android device, I think the choices are pretty much down to the HTC One M8 or the LG G3.

HTC One M8: I know the company and that they support at least the high-end devices for a while. Also, the build quality is amazing. The only downside, the camera that as far as I know can be pretty terrible. Ugly bezels.

LG G3: It has the highest-end high-end specs. The screen is very big while the phone is still as compact as the M8. The camera seems to be really good. However I've read that LG has a bad track record in updating their phones. Additionally, the screen is not that great, the high resolution rarely useful, and the battery although good takes a great hit because of it.

Then there would be the Sony, but somehow it just doesn't get me excited. The Samsung is a Samsung, one should never choose a Samsung phone over a HTC phone ;-)

I guess I have to see tomorrow in the store.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:46 PM
    Sorry...
    It's okay. As long as I can't answer to it directly we're already on the save side.
    07-21-2014 03:47 PM
    I was eh .... nvm .....
    07-21-2014 03:47 PM
    Smart man.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-21-2014 03:49 PM
    My mind is very sciency. I think it's good that I have a girlfriend that's more intelligent than I am and has a better education than I have, she doesn't mind discussing science and gets the science references.

However, don't get me wrong, our main topics are more in the area of music and traveling ;-)
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    how about A SD 600 ! yay but I would be happy with SD 400 with 1gb of ram :) for me that would be a good starting point

I was thinking more about Snapdragon 610 or 615 but 800 wouldn't harm either :D. And 2GB RAM to go with it and a HD screen. Those are my hopes but we are probably looking more on 400 processors unfortunately :(.
    Now that I made my mind up about potentially buying an Android device, I think the choices are pretty much down to the HTC One M8 or the LG G3.

HTC One M8: I know the company and that they support at least the high-end devices for a while. Also, the build quality is amazing. The only downside, the camera that as far as I know can be pretty terrible. Ugly bezels.

LG G3: It has the highest-end high-end specs. The screen is very big while the phone is still as compact as the M8. The camera seems to be really good. However I've read that LG has a bad track record in updating their phones. Additionally, the screen is not that great, the high resolution rarely useful, and the battery although good takes a great hit because of it.

Then there would be the Sony, but somehow it just doesn't get me excited. The Samsung is a Samsung, one should never choose a Samsung phone over a HTC phone ;-)

I guess I have to see tomorrow in the store.
    my vote is on HTC but then again I like how LG went with the G3 and how it looks. im not very impressed with the screen because its not much different between the 1080 and the 2k res.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    my vote is on HTC but then again I like how LG went with the G3 and how it looks. im not very impressed with the screen because its not much different between the 1080 and the 2k res.
    I think the resolution can be an improvement. However the brightness and quality in general is just not better than that of other screens, so the improvement of the resolution isn't enough to make it a really outstanding screen.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:50 PM
    I was thinking more about Snapdragon 610 or 615 but 800 wouldn't harm either :D. And 2GB RAM to go with it and a HD screen. Those are my hopes but we are probably looking more on 400 processors unfortunately :(.
    .-. as long as its quad core that's a win for me. honestly I don't need 2gb only 1 but 2 would be good I guess. Ill be happy with 720p but 480 is still good for me. I have a feeling that the 830 will be a successor to my 810
    07-21-2014 03:52 PM
143,653 ... 30763077307830793080 ...