I think the resolution can be an improvement. However the brightness and quality in general is just not better than that of other screens, so the improvement of the resolution isn't enough to make it a really outstanding screen.
    im not sure if you saw this review but I think you should watch it :) unless you already watched it :P LG G3 Review - TechSpot
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 04:54 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One (M8) vs Nokia Lumia 930 vs Apple iPhone 5s vs Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC Windows Phone 8X - Visual phone size compare

Just look at this. The M8 and the LG3 are almost the same size, still, the LG's screen is so much bigger.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-21-2014 04:54 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One (M8) vs Nokia Lumia 930 vs Apple iPhone 5s vs Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC Windows Phone 8X - Visual phone size compare

Just look at this. The M8 and the LG3 are almost the same size, still, the LG's screen is so much bigger.
    but are the screen colors good ?
    07-21-2014 04:57 PM
    Lumia 1520 got the cyan update! ^_^
    07-21-2014 05:02 PM
    meanwhile 810 is waiting on black :P ... jkjk but that's good that the 1520 is getting an update
    07-21-2014 05:05 PM
    well its a shame that we will have the start menu again :/ oh well ill reserve judgment until I get to use it.
    07-21-2014 05:07 PM
    well its a shame that we will have the start menu again :/ oh well ill reserve judgment until I get to use it.
    I'm looking very much forward to it.

Remember when in the Metro start menu thingy on right click with a mouse there was a context menu at the bottom of the screen? It was the stupidest thing ever.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:09 PM
    I'm looking very much forward to it.

Remember when in the Metro start menu thingy on right click with a mouse there was a context menu at the bottom of the screen? It was the stupidest thing ever.
    I liked it :P I didn't have to click start and go looking for control panel x.x. I gotten used to right clicking it I do it on win 7 machines :P
    07-21-2014 05:12 PM
    I liked it :P I didn't have to click start and go looking for control panel x.x. I gotten used to right clicking it I do it on win 7 machines :P
    I'm talking about the mouse way. For 8.1 they have changed it that the context menu with a mouse is where you click it. Before it was just something to hate ;-)
    07-21-2014 05:13 PM
    I just hope I will be able to use metro screen in the future. I like it because of tiles, they are scraggly useful on big screen because you have them in front of you whole time.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    07-21-2014 05:16 PM
    I'm talking about the mouse way. For 8.1 they have changed it that the context menu with a mouse is where you click it. Before it was just something to hate ;-)
    OHHHH . I liked that improvement then.
    07-21-2014 05:17 PM
    I just hope I will be able to use metro screen in the future. I like it because of tiles, they are scraggly useful on big screen because you have them in front of you whole time.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    I hope there is an option to disable the start menu and use the start screen ! no way in heck ill go back to an archaic start menu
    07-21-2014 05:18 PM
    Maybe it's because I use two screens, but tiles on my desktop offer nothing to me.

They should keep the Metro stuff for people who like it and for tablets. But it's the only reasonable thing to bring back the old start menu for desktop .
    07-21-2014 05:19 PM
    Maybe it's because I use two screens, but tiles on my desktop offer nothing to me.

They should keep the Metro stuff for people who like it and for tablets. But it's the only reasonable thing to bring back the old start menu for desktop .
    yeah an option but have the start screen as default ;)
    07-21-2014 05:22 PM
    I just watched this:

His conclusion: Metal build, camera focus gimmick and speakers against great camera, 2k display and swappable battery.

Yeah, I just have to try out both of them and "feel" it. But I guess at the moment just from videos and reviews I prefer the LG3. And if it's only because of that incredible bezel.
    07-21-2014 05:23 PM
    yeah an option but have the start screen as default ;)
    I really don't care about the default. They could bring a little menu after first boot up that gives you the choice. With a short animation and explanation.
    07-21-2014 05:24 PM
    I really don't care about the default. They could bring a little menu after first boot up that gives you the choice. With a short animation and explanation.
    or that too but I knowing some people I bet they would click " next next next next"
    07-21-2014 05:26 PM
    or that too but I knowing some people I bet they would click " next next next next"
    Okay, that's still no reason to force something of people that you do prefer ;-)

Give them the choice, it's something very important and basic, it's the decision of how to use Windows.
    07-21-2014 05:28 PM
    Okay, that's still no reason to force something of people that you do prefer ;-)

Give them the choice, it's something very important and basic, it's the decision of how to use Windows.
    well its not forcing users to use it because they can still change it if they want to. its just having it set to default because one will be set as default either way. like IE its set to default but users can change it and use a different browser same with the start screen and start menu. msft can set the start screen to default and have users change it if they want too
    07-21-2014 05:32 PM

True that. I think it's still better for MS that people use Windows (9) the old way than camping on Windows 7.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:34 PM
    I just watched this:

His conclusion: Metal build, camera focus gimmick and speakers against great camera, 2k display and swappable battery.

Yeah, I just have to try out both of them and "feel" it. But I guess at the moment just from videos and reviews I prefer the LG3. And if it's only because of that incredible bezel.
    I don't think the focus is a gimmick because it works on fast focusing
    07-21-2014 05:35 PM
    I don't think the focus is a gimmick because it works on fast focusing
    I meant the second HTC One M8 camera that allows "refocusing" after a picture was taken. It's something people might enjoy to play with, but I don't see any practical use in it.

The laser focus on the LG seems to be very good. The camera seems to be very good in general!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:42 PM
    I meant the second HTC One M8 camera that allows "refocusing" after a picture was taken. It's something people might enjoy to play with, but I don't see any practical use in it.

The laser focus on the LG seems to be very good. The camera seems to be very good in general!
    oh duh sahib....... in that part I agree :) the second camera on the HTC is a gimmick
    Chregu likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:46 PM
    You should retire your avatar. ;-)

I'm off to bed. Looking forward to trying out some phones tomorrow. (I already see me rooting the LG G3 in spring because they might not offer an update to Android L...)
    07-21-2014 05:51 PM
    I just played with the G3. O.M.G. I would instantly buy this. The first thing I'd do is put Nokia's Z launcher on it and go to town.

This is the phone to get if you want a Swiss Army Knife. If you're a serious power user. Where you're making an investment and aren't put off by the size.

Now, I like the M8. G3 has a better camera for sure. M8 is a similar size, just narrower and heavier. Music wise, better with those speakers. If I was a power junkie wanting a workhorse, I'd get a G3. Wow. I'm seriously impressed.
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    07-21-2014 05:56 PM
145,248 ... 30773078307930803081 ...