In one stage of my life I actually wanted to become an IT Technician. College ruined that ambition for me xD
    09-16-2013 09:46 PM
    In one stage of my life I actually wanted to become an IT Technician. College ruined that ambition for me xD
    lol, me too, sort of... Wanted to be a programmer, got near the end, 4 classes away, and got bored... Didn't want to be stuck in a cubical writing apps for bean counters... Now I'm drifting back to coding, just on my terms, in my free time... Would love to write that one app that everyone needs/wants, but at the moment coding is fun... To an extent, I may not have corporate hands in what I write, but the wife has demands. Those are the hard apps to write cause you have no interest in them. ;)
    09-16-2013 09:58 PM
    Am i the only one from management field here? :(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk.
    09-16-2013 10:35 PM
    Sitting here thinking about getting my hands on a Lumia 1020. I mean, I would also settle for a 925 at this point, but boy, of all the trouble and great pictures I'd take with that 1020...
    09-16-2013 11:01 PM
    Actually looking forward to the launch of Windows 8.1. Really want to test out that Asus tablet. $400 for a quad core with the keyboard? 64GB +Memory card slot? Yes please. Sounds like it already has the inside track to replace my touchpad...
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-16-2013 11:09 PM
    Enjoying a late night radio binge on my 8X. Trying to run the battery down before charging it up while asleep. Really, really debating sending it back to the shop so they can fix that volume button and adding in that wireless charging pad from the OEM housing. It looks great though...
    09-16-2013 11:13 PM
    Today's shooting at the Washington Navy Yard here serves as a reminder that there are many, many serious issues afoot in the world. Prayers go out to all the families affected...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2013 11:15 PM
    The late shift on the thread is always a rough one. It is funny how I can wake up in the morning and have 4-6 pages to read through to get caught up...
    snowmutt, Chregu and gedzum like this.
    09-16-2013 11:17 PM
    Just noticed I cleared the 1K post mark. Funny thing is I don't even remember what the landmark post was...still, not bad for a lurker who only signed up in December last year...
    snowmutt, Laura Knotek and gedzum like this.
    09-16-2013 11:19 PM
    I won't lie, there's some weird **** on late night radio...thank god I hit upon lady soul - the temptations. Got a confession...i have a secret goal to have a music library containing 1 million songs. Not counting duplicates, I've got about 7500 songs in my library. I got a waaays to go...
    09-16-2013 11:25 PM
    Got a late night question for folks: if you could be one animal, what would you pick? I'd go with an bull shark...which is very badass.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2013 11:28 PM
    Bonus late night question: if you won the lottery, what are the first 3 things you would spend your money on?
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-16-2013 11:30 PM
    Ok...my work is done...gonna plug in the 8X and get some sleep. Back at it again in 6 hours...
    09-16-2013 11:31 PM
    Got a late night question for folks: if you could be one animal, what would you pick? I'd go with an bull shark...which is very badass.
    Easy one for me. I want to be an Otter. Wake up... play.... crack open an oyster, eat.... play.... play.... play.... crash in the sunlight....

Repeat the following day. I could handle that work load.

As a side note, my Sister and I were watching her dog sleep on the feather dog bed she had bought her, with dozens of toys laying around, three types of dog treats and the premium "only from a pet shop" food on the counter, and she looked at me and said :

"You know, when I die, I want to come back as my own dog."

I laughed so hard I think I peed myself a little....
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-16-2013 11:39 PM
    Bonus late night question: if you won the lottery, what are the first 3 things you would spend your money on?
    1) Tricked out conversion Van.

2) Mountain home in Montana or Idaho.

3) BlackBerry. No, not the phone: The whole company.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-16-2013 11:42 PM
    Just got done watching fox's new show premier of "Sleepy Hollow". Not bad. Could be a new "Supernatural" if done right. I am tuning in for the next few weeks....
    09-16-2013 11:44 PM
    Not off to a good Fantasy Football season. None of my teams are undefeated, and Gedzum just beat me in the WPC league, and the freaking ESPN computer drafted his team. Come to think of it, his is the only undefeated team in our league. Who did you pay off at the ESPN office, Gedzum??? I AM ON TO YOU!!!
    Laura Knotek, gedzum and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-16-2013 11:48 PM
    Lonely on this site right now... Now how MSFTisMIA felt earlier...
    Chregu, Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-16-2013 11:49 PM
    Is it just me, or are all the "Skittles" commercials these days amazingly offensive?? If I liked Skittles, which I luckily do not, I would stop eating them out of pure morals.
    09-16-2013 11:50 PM
    Channel surfing on Friday night, and came across a "Law and Order Criminal Intent" episode. About the fourth weight loss commercial, a "time of the month" product advertisement, and a few reality show promotions in, I realized it was on "Oxygen" channel, and I was not the person they were hoping was watching.

By the way... isn't that a strange pairing?? What was "Law and Order Criminal Intent" doing on "Oxygen"????
    09-16-2013 11:55 PM
    Just rewatched "Star Trek: Into Darkness" with my kids. Decided the Karl Urban is now one of my favorite actors. He nails Bones McCoy (under used in this movie), owned the role of "Dredd", stole nearly every scene he was in during the second movie of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, and was the perfect straight man in the first "RED" movie. This guy just rocks.
    09-16-2013 11:58 PM
    Lonely on this site right now... Now how MSFTisMIA felt earlier...
    Good morning, just got up :)
    snowmutt and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-17-2013 12:11 AM
    Just got done watching fox's new show premier of "Sleepy Hollow". Not bad. Could be a new "Supernatural" if done right. I am tuning in for the next few weeks....
    I wasn't really interested, but now I think I should give it a chance.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-17-2013 12:12 AM
    I wasn't really interested, but now I think I should give it a chance.
    I suggest it, buddy. It wasn't a perfect premier, but it was fun. I like how it could develop.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-17-2013 12:19 AM
    I'd be an elephant. Elephants are intelligent, emotional and strong.
    snowmutt, N_LaRUE, Chregu and 1 others like this.
    09-17-2013 12:29 AM
144,441 ... 306307308309310 ...