It's raining here. I don't feel like moving at all. I could sit here, wait until the rain stops and then go the the phone store. Then I could go to the store I usually order my devices from and buy it directly.

But I won't, important experiments today ;-)
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-22-2014 12:39 AM
    well the "830" could still come. sure im putting hopes on a rumored device which is a no no but still its something that could happen
    Nothing wrong with hoping. Isn't that part of the WP mantra? Hoping and waiting? :P
    07-22-2014 12:49 AM
    It's raining here. I don't feel like moving at all. I could sit here, wait until the rain stops and then go the the phone store. Then I could go to the store I usually order my devices from and buy it directly.

But I won't, important experiments today ;-)
    you know this is a perfect time to say a deep quote about rain :P
    07-22-2014 12:50 AM
    Nothing wrong with hoping. Is that part of the WP mantra? Hoping and waiting? :P
    HA good one ;P i can wait i have the Patience :)
    07-22-2014 12:53 AM
    you know this is a perfect time to say a deep quote about rain :P
    Rain is wet.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-22-2014 12:53 AM
    well im off good night and good morning :)
    07-22-2014 01:15 AM
    Normally my morning commute is rather boring. Today someone on the train seemed to go into some sort of shock or started to choke. Not sure which. Caused a bit of commotion. My stop was next so no idea what's happened. It's stopped the train at the station and I'm guessing an ambulance is on the way.

The sounds that came out of the guy made it sound like he just up and died. I was quite happy that he didn't.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-22-2014 01:42 AM
    Well, I just went (through the rain) to the phone store near me.

It was very inconclusive. I had a look at the HTC One M8, the Sony Xperia Z2, the Lumia 930, and the LG G3.

HTC One M8: It's very beautiful and the big bezels don't really bother me when I have it in my hand. The big concern here: Camera.

Sony Xperia Z2: It still doesn't get me excited, it's very nice though.

Lumia 930: Surprisingly, it features the build I like the most. It's a beautiful phone that is much smaller than the M8 with the same screen size. However as soon as I turned on the screen I felt overwhelmed by the tiles. It might be just this specific layout, but it looked like a mess, cluttered, unorganized, and overly busy.

LG G3: It feels of course less valuable than the M8, but I think that's only because of the direct comparison. The big problem here: It was out of battery, so I couldn't really have a look at the screen. This really was a pity. The "No battery" screen looked nice though for the two seconds I could see it ;-) Also, I actually very much like the buttons on the back.

So, I still think it's the M8 or the G3, but I don't know which one ;-) It's a shame I couldn't have a look at the screen. But I will go to the store I usually buy my devices from this evening and they might have it on display too. They have only on M8 in this store, but a lot of G3s, so I might be deciding there on the spot.
    N_LaRUE, LMZR, MSFTisMIA and 1 others like this.
    07-22-2014 02:43 AM
    I just feel somehow that the M8 might be the safer choice. That the support is better and there are less problems. Of course there are people that would strongly disagree and say HTC support is the worst.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-22-2014 03:25 AM
    I just feel somehow that the M8 might be the safer choice. That the support is better and there are less problems. Of course there are people that would strongly disagree and say HTC support is the worst.
    Go with what feels best for you. :) Hopefully you don't start hating Android though. :P I thought you were waiting for the new iPhone?
    Chregu likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:07 AM
    Go with what feels best for you. :) Hopefully you don't start hating Android though. :P I thought you were waiting for the new iPhone?
    I don't think I'd be hating Android. Unless it only makes problems. I enjoyed the Galaxy S4 Mini, however I found the Samsung skin pretty ugly. Both, the M8 and the G3 have very nice skins though.

There's not much to expect from the new iPhone actually in terms of features, and as my girlfriend said: "The iPhone can do nothing that your iPad can't, except of making calls."
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:16 AM
    This case is pretty cool: https://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetai...Artikel=306322

But not available yet in Switzerland. Maybe I could order it from Germany... I just don't know anything about how to find such a product in Germany (good offers, reliable stores).
    07-22-2014 04:23 AM
    Well it looks like things have been still going nicely since I was last here.

I'm pretty happy about that. :) How is everybody? :)
    Chregu likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:27 AM
    I don't think I'd be hating Android. Unless it only makes problems. I enjoyed the Galaxy S4 Mini, however I found the Samsung skin pretty ugly. Both, the M8 and the G3 have very nice skins though.

There's not much to expect from the new iPhone actually in terms of features, and as my girlfriend said: "The iPhone can do nothing that your iPad can't, except of making calls."
    I just read this review - Which smartphone? LG G3 vs HTC One (M8) | Stuff

Just on the camera alone I think I'd go with the G3. The ability to swap out batteries and the SD card are simply a bonus. Both have the SD card though. I'm indifferent to the quality screen on the G3. So it's mostly the camera that would make be go that direction.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-22-2014 04:35 AM
    Well it looks like things have been still going nicely since I was last here.

I'm pretty happy about that. :) How is everybody? :)
    Good. Some of us are debating leaving WP for a bit.

How are you?
    LMZR likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:36 AM
    Good. Some of us are debating leaving WP for a bit.

How are you?
    I'm great, I'm still happy using WP, just curious, but why are you guys thinking about leaving for a bit? :)

Is it because of what Microsoft is doing to WP?
    07-22-2014 04:37 AM
    I just read this review - Which smartphone? LG G3 vs HTC One (M8) | Stuff

Just on the camera alone I think I'd go with the G3. The ability to swap out batteries and the SD card are simply a bonus. Both have the SD card though. I'm indifferent to the quality screen on the G3. So it's mostly the camera that would make be go that direction.
    I have read a few comparisons, I haven't seen that one yet. At least they give a clear choice! I hope they'll have the G3 on display in the store I'll visit later.
    07-22-2014 04:37 AM
    I'm great, I'm still happy using WP, just curious, but why are you guys thinking about leaving for a bit? :)
    Getting bored of WP, getting bored of the WP waiting game, no appealing hardware (well, the 930 is, but it's too expensive and too boring in its features), very bad press for Microsoft at the moment which makes it hard to believe in the product.

I'm fine, thanks for asking :)
    07-22-2014 04:38 AM
    I have read a few comparisons, I haven't seen that one yet. At least they give a clear choice! I hope they'll have the G3 on display in the store I'll visit later.
    I do like the G3 quite a bit, although i find the design weird...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:39 AM
    Getting bored of WP, getting bored of the WP waiting game, no appealing hardware (well, the 930 is, but it's too expensive and too boring in its features), very bad press for Microsoft at the moment which makes it hard to believe in the product.

I'm fine, thanks for asking :)
    I know what bad press Microsoft has gotten, and WP hasn't got much attractive hardware, but that isn't exactly a problem for me. As well... I have a 1520. :)

You're welcome. :) good to be back on here, I'm also considering getting a Blackberry Z30, as things are looking better for Blackberry, which is great. :)
    07-22-2014 04:40 AM
    I do like the G3 quite a bit, although i find the design weird...
    Why? It's one huge screen on a reasonable sized phone. I think that's very impressing.
    LMZR likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:40 AM
    I know what bad press Microsoft has gotten, and WP hasn't got much attractive hardware, but that isn't exactly a problem for me. As well... I have a 1520. :)
    If I had such recent hardware I would of course not think of switching either. :)

The 1520 is enormous, I think already the G3 is huge: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/siz...ones/8347,8109
    LMZR likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:41 AM
    This case is pretty cool: https://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetai...Artikel=306322

But not available yet in Switzerland. Maybe I could order it from Germany... I just don't know anything about how to find such a product in Germany (good offers, reliable stores).

Geizhals.de finds you different offers.
    http://geizhals.de/?fs=lg+circle+case&in=
    Chregu likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:42 AM
    Why? It's one huge screen on a reasonable sized phone. I think that's very impressing.
    I found the G2 to look far better than the G3, Maybe I just haven't had a proper look into the G3
    07-22-2014 04:42 AM
    Geizhals.de finds you different offers.
    lg circle case | Geizhals Deutschland
    Thanks! I'll have a look at it.
    07-22-2014 04:43 AM
144,439 ... 30803081308230833084 ...