Of course not, it's not about that. It's more that I want to keep the phone secure in general. I might be a little paranoid coming from Windows Phone. I don't want to open doors for other stuff. And if it's even only my mind.
    I get your concern. Here is the thing though, once you install the app, you'll get updates for it from the Play Store directly. And after you side load it, you check back the option of installing apps from secured sources.

If you change your mind within the next hour, let me know as I'm still home. Otherwise, I'll send it to you whenever you're ready.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:09 AM
    Morning folks. I'm still half asleep, so nothing new to report.
    Sup
    07-23-2014 06:10 AM
    I looked up some stuff on my 8X after I was using the G3 for a while, and it already seemed so small in comparison ;-)

Would be interesting, I think I would already miss a lot of functions like quick settings or the tap gestures.

It will be interesting whether LG will offer an update to Android L. I hope so, however I could also easily live with the current version. At least as long as it doesn't fragment the app experience.
    They'll update the G3 to Android L. They have to, so no worries for you there.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:12 AM
    I'm just stating a valid point. You can't expect to get the features of a Ferrari at the price of a Toyota. :P
    Um, what planet are you on? You do realise the difference in price between 512MB and 1GB is around $3 right? We're not talking Toyota vs Ferrari. We're talking small Toyota vs a bigger Toyota. It's still a Toyota. If you were to say 2GB or 3GB then I'd agree with you a bit more but it still wouldn't be a Ferrari.

The whole 512MB device thing has to go if WP wants to be successful and they had the chance to do it. Guess they're more interested in other things. Not selling products.
    07-23-2014 06:13 AM
    Sup
    N/M. Trying to get to a point where I can stack some millions.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    N_LaRUE, S Vaibhav and sahib lopez like this.
    07-23-2014 06:19 AM
    Um, what planet are you on? You do realise the difference in price between 512MB and 1GB is around $3 right? We're not talking Toyota vs Ferrari. We're talking small Toyota vs a bigger Toyota. It's still a Toyota. If you were to say 2GB or 3GB then I'd agree with you a bit more but it still wouldn't be a Ferrari.

The whole 512MB device thing has to go if WP wants to be successful and they had the chance to do it. Guess they're more interested in other things. Not selling products.
    Where is it written that the difference is $3? Also ram is one of the differentiating factors to buying a phone. If the 530 and 630 had 1 gb ram, fewer people would buy the high end phones. Show me a phone for the 530s price that has 1 gb ram and from an international brand. (Not Moto e, google is selling that at a loss, this will change when it is sold to Lenovo.)

Also when Apple can charge $100 extra for a 64 gb iPhone, wherein the cost for that extra memory is only $9, why not MS? :P
    07-23-2014 06:22 AM
    It's not that bad phone, it would be great replacement for father's LG Optimus L3, but it's missing Led flash for flashlight. And fixed focus ? Really Microsoft ?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    07-23-2014 06:23 AM
    It's not that bad phone, it would be great replacement for father's LG Optimus L3, but it's missing Led flash for flashlight. And fixed focus ? Really Microsoft ?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    When we are getting something dirt cheap, we cant really complain.....
    07-23-2014 06:28 AM
    I don't have a problem with the 530. I actually played with a 635 when I went in the T-Mobile store though and liked the feel in hand...it reminded me of the Nexus 5. I didn't like the fact that the on screen buttons was a dn black strip that did nothing visually but take away screen real estate and leave a big *** button bezel. Maybe they should make the screen larger or just have the onscreen buttons be transparent like Android. Personally, they've got work to do in that area. The 635 seemed very zippy because of the quad cores.

S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:34 AM
    They also added a snapdragon 200 1.2Ghz quad core processor, which for a device priced at 7000inr is a killer feature. The 630 and 530 are both budget devices. The Lumia 730 will be a midrange device. If it doesn't have 512mb ram, your complaint wil be completely valid.
    No real point having a better and faster processor, the Adreno 305 is better than the 302, Sure you get a quad core processor, at the cost of a slightly weaker GPU...

Again, not to mention the camera, storage, lower video quality and the same resolution screen...
    07-23-2014 06:40 AM
    When we are getting something dirt cheap, we cant really complain.....
    Exactly, I don't aim to start a flame war with you, in the end, a phone is a phone.

And different phones appeal to different people. :)
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:41 AM
    My phone is running 5 h 42 minutes. It's still at 79 % battery. I have used it for Whatsapp, listened to some Spotify, have showed it around, played around with the WiFi (finally VPN!), location is on (on my 8X I always turned it off), the step tracker is running.

So far it looks pretty good. If it brings me through a day without a problem that's as good a battery as I'd ever want.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-23-2014 06:45 AM
    Exactly, I don't aim to start a flame war with you, in the end, a phone is a phone.

And different phones appeal to different people. :)
    We're just having a friendly discussion :) Maybe I get too serious at times. :)
    LMZR likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:46 AM
    They'll update the G3 to Android L. They have to, so no worries for you there.
    Because they need to if they want to be taken seriously as a company, or be cause they have to due to some Google demand?
    07-23-2014 06:47 AM
    We're just having a friendly discussion :) Maybe I get too serious at times. :)
    Don't we all? :D
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:47 AM
    My phone is running 5 h 42 minutes. It's still at 79 % battery. I have used it for Whatsapp, listened to some Spotify, have showed it around, played around with the WiFi (finally VPN!), location is on (on my 8X I always turned it off), the step tracker is running.

So far it looks pretty good. If it brings me through a day without a problem that's as good a battery as I'd ever want.
    So wait, did you get a G3? or did you get the One M8?
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:48 AM
    So wait, did you get a G3? or did you get the One M8?
    I decided to buy the G3. And I don't regret it. That huge high resolution screen combined with the small bezel is just amazing to look at. And it actually feels very good in the hand without the direct comparison of the metal M8. Also, the UI skin is beautiful and runs very well.

So far I don't have any heating or other issues. I hope it stays that way :-)
    N_LaRUE and LMZR like this.
    07-23-2014 06:51 AM
    MSFT is scrapping the Asha + Nokia X line with devices like the 530. That's why I won't hate on it. I dont mind that...what I do care about too is WTF they're gonna do for the mid range and high end.

I must say though I am surely tempted by the Moto X as a daily driver. There was a special going on for $325 for the developer edition or the regular 32GB model and I was tempted to get it. If I didn't have a lead on a Nexus 5, I'd have pulled the trigger.

I still cannot believe the Z Ultra is falling in price at the retailer I use. Now it is under $350, including shipping. For value that blows away both the Moto X and Nexus 5...

Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:52 AM
    MSFT is scrapping the Asha + Nokia X line with devices like the 530. That's why I won't hate on it. I dont mind that...what I do care about too is WTF they're gonna do for the mid range and high end.

I must say though I am surely tempted by the Moto X as a daily driver. There was a special going on for $325 for the developer edition or the regular 32GB model and I was tempted to get it. If I didn't have a lead on a Nexus 5, I'd have pulled the trigger.

I still cannot believe the Z Ultra is falling in price at the retailer I use. Now it is under $350, including shipping. For value that blows away both the Moto X and Nexus 5...

I don't even want to know what the G3 costs in a few months. I just won't look it up and close my eyes when I see it somewhere ;-)
    a5cent and LMZR like this.
    07-23-2014 06:56 AM
    I decided to buy the G3. And I don't regret it. That huge high resolution screen combined with the small bezel is just amazing to look at. And it actually feels very good in the hand without the direct comparison of the metal M8. Also, the UI skin is beautiful and runs very well.

So far I don't have any heating or other issues. I hope it stays that way :-)
    I kind of expect that from LG, i do like LG's phones and TV's. My brand of choice for a new Android phone (If i was to get one) is gonna be ether Sony or LG. :)

How is the camera?
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:18 AM

I have a mild hatred for Motorola after they've launched the E, G and X at ripoff prices down here...

The E is a 520/530 competitor, here you can get the Moto E for $190 or you can get a 520 for $100...

On eBay you can get the 16GB Moto G for $210 and the Moto X here launched at $549! Good thing now it's about $398...
    07-23-2014 07:20 AM
    I don't even want to know what the G3 costs in a few months. I just won't look it up and close my eyes when I see it somewhere ;-)
    Don't worry, I do the same with the 1020 I skipped out on ;)

*sobs quietly due to not getting one for just $30 more than a 630*
    LMZR and Chregu like this.
    07-23-2014 07:21 AM

That sucks man. :( I think it will be on sale again soon. :)
    07-23-2014 07:22 AM

Would 3DS friend codes work with a Wii U? I'm thinking about getting one for numerous reasons, (My friend is getting one, There are lots of games i want to get for it, and the Wii U gamepad is very interesting...)

Then again, I am also getting an Xbox One... :D
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:23 AM
    Wait a moment, I thought all of us here experienced the rip-off prices Nokia phones normally launch at!

For instance, someone I know bought an E72 at launch only to have it drop to half the price a few weeks later...

The only (recent) Nokia phone that really held its price was the 720.
    07-23-2014 07:23 AM
145,203 ... 30963097309830993100 ...