Would 3DS friend codes work with a Wii U? I'm thinking about getting one for numerous reasons, (My friend is getting one, There are lots of games i want to get for it, and the Wii U gamepad is very interesting...)

Then again, I am also getting an Xbox One... :D
    As far as I know, they don't. That's the rationale for me putting the NNID for everyone to see.

They may work, though. I'll just have to check.

(By the way, if you live in a PAL region like Australia, prepare to be shafted or pay through the nose.)
    LMZR likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:24 AM
    As far as I know, they don't. That's the rationale for me putting the NNID for everyone to see.

They may work, though. I'll just have to check.

(By the way, if you live in a PAL region like Australia, prepare to be shafted or pay through the nose.)
    Pay through the nose for a Wii U console or the games? :)
    07-23-2014 06:26 AM
    Wait a moment, I thought all of us here experienced the rip-off prices Nokia phones normally launch at!

For instance, someone I know bought an E72 at launch only to have it drop to half the price a few weeks later...

The only (recent) Nokia phone that really held its price was the 720.
    Yeah, I payed a lot for a 1520, and now you can buy it for just under half of what i payed 8 months ago...

I still am quite happy with my 1520 though. :)
    07-23-2014 06:27 AM
    Pay through the nose for a Wii U console or the games? :)
    Generally, you'll only be shafted if you go 3DS-only, since third-parties can't be bothered to go through the localization process.

As for the Wii U, you'll pay a slight premium for the games, since Nintendo does a superb job at handling localization (ex-Japan-only exclusive, since they still haven't figured out that we want Mother 3 or the new Fatal Frame! /rant).
    07-23-2014 06:35 AM
    Yeah, I payed a lot for a 1520, and now you can buy it for just under half of what i payed 8 months ago...

I still am quite happy with my 1520 though. :)
    Glad that you're happy with your 1520!

I'm sure the people who paid 70+% less than you at the same did, too!

* sobs *
    07-23-2014 06:36 AM
    Because they need to if they want to be taken seriously as a company, or be cause they have to due to some Google demand?
    I can tell you really have been out of the loop with Android. 😊

LG high end has gotten very good since they launched the G series (including the G pro). Mid range had always been their strength, and t-mo loves them because that L90 and L70 sells. Updates wise, they've got good. They will update your G3 to L. While they're not sony/Moto fast with the updates, they're now as fast as HTC. Samsung is now the slow poke in the update realms.

You're good man, seriously. Love the paranoia, but you're good. Seriously. 😉
    WanderingTraveler and Chregu like this.
    07-23-2014 06:43 AM
    I don't even want to know what the G3 costs in a few months. I just won't look it up and close my eyes when I see it somewhere ;-)
    If you are the type who doesn't care for the new adopter feel, it is cool to wait. I always do, hence why I get a year's use out of my phones. Most of my phones I've bought a few months to a year after launch. I cannot buy full price early adopter constantly or I'd be homeless...

Ultimately you buy a phone when you buy a phone. I bought my Z Ultra for $530, after a few months of price watching (goes to show how Sony overpriced their ****). Now it is $350 with shipping. Could I have waited until now? Yes, but I didn't and it doesn't change how I feel about the phone. Those are the breaks sometimes...
    07-23-2014 06:49 AM
    I can tell you really have been out of the loop with Android. 😊

LG high end has gotten very good since they launched the G series (including the G pro). Mid range had always been their strength, and t-mo loves them because that L90 and L70 sells. Updates wise, they've got good. They will update your G3 to L. While they're not sony/Moto fast with the updates, they're now as fast as HTC. Samsung is now the slow poke in the update realms.

You're good man, seriously. Love the paranoia, but you're good. Seriously. 😉
    Sums up my thoughts.

Now divided between HTC and LG on who is my favorite Android OEM. LG keeps reading my mind lately (impressive battery lives, tap-to-wake functionality) , let's see if the trend continues.
    MSFTisMIA and Chregu like this.
    07-23-2014 06:50 AM
    I have a mild hatred for Motorola after they've launched the E, G and X at ripoff prices down here...

The E is a 520/530 competitor, here you can get the Moto E for $190 or you can get a 520 for $100...

On eBay you can get the 16GB Moto G for $210 and the Moto X here launched at $549! Good thing now it's about $398...
    Chregu will tell you the Nexus 5 is probably overpriced in his market. Some markets get screwed like that sadly...
    Chregu and WanderingTraveler like this.
    07-23-2014 06:50 AM
    How is the camera?
    I've posted a random shot earlier. I took just a photo to post it here. But considering the structure of the clouds while it still keeps detail in the darker areas, it make me quite happy.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...tm#post2658205
    07-23-2014 06:56 AM
    Sums up my thoughts.

Now divided between HTC and LG on who is my favorite Android OEM. LG keeps reading my mind lately (impressive battery lives, tap-to-wake functionality) , let's see if the trend continues.
    I like LG's stuff. My Samsung loving friend (owns a S2, Ativ S and Galaxy Nexus) is blown away by the G3. He and I have similar tastes in phones so if he gets his hand on a G3, he and his wife will be fist fighting for days as to who gets to use it as she likes to claim his very good gadgets...😊
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    07-23-2014 06:59 AM
    Chregu will tell you the Nexus 5 is probably overpriced in his market. Some markets get screwed like that sadly...
    It's very reasonable priced now, it was pretty expensive in the beginning because it wasn't officially sold in Switzerland.

I just noticed the notification LED blinking green on my phone, that means I've got a Whatsapp message! ;-)
    07-23-2014 06:59 AM
    I just noticed the notification LED blinking green on my phone, that means I've got a Whatsapp message! ;-)
    You just threw me one of the most useful and annoying features I've seen in smartphones.

Still hate the fact that Nokia effectively killed Sleeping Screen/Glance with their 8.1 offerings.
    07-23-2014 07:06 AM
    It's very reasonable priced now, it was pretty expensive in the beginning because it wasn't officially sold in Switzerland.

Not sure if this setup will appeal to you but I'm currently running the Android L keyboard (or a very good clone of it) and the Android L preview theme. If this is the official keyboard, I love it as much as the WP one. It flies on my Z Ultra. I would use the Nokia Z Launcher but i think it is better on a smaller device. Basically it uses gestures. I like the fact that instead of scrolling for apps you can write the fist letter or two of the app you want, and if finds it. That reminds me of the letter tiles in the app list on WP. Lovely stuff indeed. Cannot wait to drop that launcher on a Nexus 5 or Moto X.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:06 AM
    You just threw me one of the most useful and annoying features I've seen in smartphones.
    I find it useful, you could turn it off though.
    07-23-2014 07:07 AM
    Not sure if this setup will appeal to you but I'm currently running the Android L keyboard (or a very good clone of it) and the Android L preview theme. If this is the official keyboard, I love it as much as the WP one. It flies on my Z Ultra. I would use the Nokia Z Launcher but i think it is better on a smaller device. Basically it uses gestures. I like the fact that instead of scrolling for apps you can write the fist letter or two of the app you want, and if finds it. That reminds me of the letter tiles in the app list on WP. Lovely stuff indeed. Cannot wait to drop that launcher on a Nexus 5 or Moto X.
    I usually write in my dialect on my phone. So swipe or word suggestions don't work for me. Else I'm very happy with the keyboard on the G3.

These things sound good, for now I'm happy, but as soon as I'm getting bored with the phone I'll look this post up again :-)
    07-23-2014 07:09 AM

Still hate the fact that Nokia effectively killed Sleeping Screen/Glance with their 8.1 offerings.
    You know what I noticed with 8.1? If my phone dies and when it first starts to charge, the windows key flashes like the old HTC Diamond's home key did when they had notifications.

You know what MSFT could do to offset the loss of glance? Allow the Windows key to flash as a notification on the other devices with capacitive buttons.

But we all know MSFT - they won't do that.
    07-23-2014 07:11 AM
    Well I just found something else I like better about Android over WP.

My tablet connects to my work's WiFi. My phone doesn't. I was under the impression that the WiFi worked with i products only but it would appear that WP just simply doesn't support the profile for some reason. Don't know. Either that or my tablet is tricking the server into thinking it's an i product. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:11 AM
    I usually write in my dialect on my phone. So swipe or word suggestions don't work for me. Else I'm very happy with the keyboard on the G3.

These things sound good, for now I'm happy, but as soon as I'm getting bored with the phone I'll look this post up again :-)
    You would have to sideload these in the same manner you would for that MS Office file I talked about earlier. If you get to that point, just PM me and and ill send you a folder with the L preview theme, the L keyboard, the Z launcher and the Office APKs. 😉
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:14 AM
    Either that or my tablet is tricking the server into thinking it's an i product. :P
    Isn't that how all Android tablets are being sold? :P
    07-23-2014 07:14 AM
    This reminds me of how I used to root my Windows Mobile devices. HTC was highly committed to Microsoft devices back in the times. I owned a HD, but the HD2 looked so much better. So I flashed it with the ROM from the... Diamond? that had the same design as the HD2.

It was very cool and ran smoothly enough ;-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-23-2014 07:19 AM
    You know what I noticed with 8.1? If my phone dies and when it first starts to charge, the windows key flashes like the old HTC Diamond's home hey did when they had notifications.

You know what MSFT could do to offset the loss of glance? Allow the Windows key to flash as a notification on the other devices with capacitive buttons.

But we all know MSFT - they won't do that.
    I don't know. I've always found notification lights annoying, unless they told me something was turned on.

On the other hand, I fell in love with Sleeping Screen (Glance's father, mother and siblings) from the very start. It just seemed so...beautiful.
    At the start, which was during the atrocious S60 5th Edition period, it even included tap-to-wake functionality. And the patterns it created, as well as the way the info was presented?
    Enough to make your friendly neighborhood lock screen obsolete, and rival the Start Screen in terms of functionality.

Ah, I just made myself sad.
    07-23-2014 07:19 AM
    After lunch I had a coffee with my girlfriend in the sun (it was very nice) and then I thought it's the perfect opportunity to test readability of the LG3 in the sun as reviewers said it isn't that good.

So I turned it on and in the first moment I thought: "Hell, I don't see anything!" and right when I wanted to scratch my head the light sensor kicked in and increased the brightness to the highest level. It's easily readable without any problems. Of course, watching a movie wouldn't really work, but that would soak the battery empty within minutes anyway with this screen on this brightness level ;-)
    07-23-2014 07:26 AM

Is it the real theme or is it just icon pack? I have Nova launcher with Android L animations, Android L icon pack and Android L keyboard. I would also change soft keys to Android L like but I can't root my tablet.
    07-23-2014 07:26 AM
    Is it the real theme or is it just icon pack? I have Nova launcher with Android L animations, Android L icon pack and Android L keyboard. I would also change soft keys to Android L like but I can't root my tablet.
    It's the rooted like version for non rooted devices. Which means the color accents are teal and the soft keys are Playstation like with the circle, square, etc look.
    07-23-2014 08:22 AM
144,782 ... 30973098309931003101 ...