I've got no intention of rooting my Z Ultra, especially once I learned I'd lose the LTE band I have for t-mobile. But a Nexus 5 or Moto X? Hell yes! I'm a huge fan of stock ROMs with speed and battery performance tweaks. I wonder what Moto will put in for the X+1 specs wise. I loved the Moto Z I designed - I picked out two: Slate Grey with Purp accents and teak wood with white accents. I'm thinking of just waiting to see if they offer Qi in the X+1. If so, I'm getting that.
    07-23-2014 08:30 AM
    After lunch I had a coffee with my girlfriend in the sun (it was very nice) and then I thought it's the perfect opportunity to test readability of the LG3 in the sun as reviewers said it isn't that good.

So I turned it on and in the first moment I thought: "Hell, I don't see anything!" and right when I wanted to scratch my head the light sensor kicked in and increased the brightness to the highest level. It's easily readable without any problems. Of course, watching a movie wouldn't really work, but that would soak the battery empty within minutes anyway with this screen on this brightness level ;-)
    So...how does she feel about the new phone? Is she satisfied you've got even more brain power to spare now that you've made the leap? 😉
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    07-23-2014 08:33 AM
    So...how does she feel about the new phone? Is she satisfied you've got even more brain power to spare now that you've made the leap? 😉
    The way you worded it makes it seem that his girlfriend is only interested in the specs of whoever she's in a relationship with.

Be prepared for complaints about your lack of internal storage and RAM if that's the case ;)
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    07-23-2014 08:50 AM
    The way you worded it makes it seem that his girlfriend is only interested in the specs of whoever she's in a relationship with.

Be prepared for complaints about your lack of internal storage and RAM if that's the case ;)
    Sssh! I'm allowed to bust his chops, aren't I? 😉
    07-23-2014 08:56 AM
    What's with all the 'Hurrah for MS' threads?
    07-23-2014 09:11 AM
    Rue, this one is up your alley. The more I kept reading, the more I kept nodding...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/24569...-software.html
    07-23-2014 09:14 AM
    What's with all the 'Hurrah for MS' threads?
    Sometimes you got to let the sheep go out and graze in the meadow. Boosts morale and all that good stuff...😉
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-23-2014 09:15 AM
    So...how does she feel about the new phone? Is she satisfied you've got even more brain power to spare now that you've made the leap? 
    At the moment I'm talking mostly about my phone anyway. We are planning on going to the cinema next week and it's an action flick, so I made a comment that this will be a very manly evening, watching an action movie and playing with my new gadget in the break, she then said: "In this case you better go to the cinema with your phone alone."

Yeah, sometimes I'm not a clever man ;-)

(Luckily it's always in good fun!)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-23-2014 09:23 AM
    Sometimes you got to let the sheep go out and graze in the meadow. Boosts morale and all that good stuff...
    The latest one I read looked like the guy drank the whole jug of kool-aid...
    07-23-2014 09:31 AM
    So my friend, found the phone we talked about yet? ;) :)
    07-23-2014 09:40 AM
    So my friend, found the phone we talked about yet? ;) :)
    What you think I haven't better things to do then surf the net all day? :P

What are you talking about anyway? I thought you were talking about RAM not a phone.
    07-23-2014 09:41 AM
    948 posts, 52 more to go! :)
    07-23-2014 09:46 AM
    Liquid nitrogen is cool. I like it, I just froze some cells in it.

I never got the kool-aid references, I've heard them from time to time. I think you should explain this to me ;-)
    07-23-2014 09:48 AM
    Liquid nitrogen is cool. I like it, I just froze some cells in it.

I never got the kool-aid references, I've heard them from time to time. I think you should explain this to me ;-)
    Here's Wiki's explanation - "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a figure of speech commonly used in the United States that refers to a person or group holding an unquestioned belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. It could also refer to knowingly going along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure. The phrase typically carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group.

Also thing to keep in mind is Kool-Aid is the name of a flavour drink in North America. It used to come as a powder which you added water and sugar to. Typically lots of sugar. They ran a bunch of commercials in the 80/90s referring using the tag line Kool-Aid Kids are Cool, if I remember correctly. It gives the impression that to be cool you need to have Kool-Aid which in term references that explanation from Wiki above.

Also here's the 'mascot' from Kool-Aid, he usually smashes through a wall in the commercial as shown.

koolaid.jpg
    Chregu, MSFTisMIA and xandros9 like this.
    07-23-2014 09:58 AM
    Thanks!

I'll keep this in mind :)
    07-23-2014 10:00 AM
    Today is a beautiful day!
    N_LaRUE, Chregu and Sport Driver like this.
    07-23-2014 10:05 AM
    High fog makes it very glaring around here... but if you are figuratively speaking, yes it is!
    07-23-2014 10:10 AM
    It's the rooted like version for non rooted devices. Which means the color accents are teal and the soft keys are Playstation like with the circle, square, etc look.

Can you send link for this to me? Or a link to file to download.
    07-23-2014 10:12 AM

Not bad indeed, a bit cloudy but certainly better than rain yesterday.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 10:13 AM
    10 hours, 15 minutes: 57 % battery. Looks good, looks very good!
    07-23-2014 10:17 AM
    I'm impressed. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 10:19 AM
    It's a really nice day here. Damn hot too!
    Chregu and xandros9 like this.
    07-23-2014 10:19 AM

Haha, 62% In you face :)
    Whoops, I had to recharge it today 😌 I will go back to my power outlet :D
    07-23-2014 10:22 AM
    Haha, 62% In you face :)
    Whoops, I had to recharge it today  I will go back to my power outlet :D
    This is after the first charge with higher than usual use. I expect it to only get better over the next few days. And even if it doesn't, I think that's good enough for me.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-23-2014 10:25 AM
    This is after the first charge with higher than usual use. I expect it to only get better over the next few days. And even if it doesn't, I think that's good enough for me.
    I'll just stay out of this discussion altogether...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-23-2014 10:29 AM
143,664 ... 30983099310031013102 ...