• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    My cyan update isn't showing!!! I'm checking every second where is it! }:O
    I thought it would be live around 1 pm ( ET ) ?
    07-24-2014 12:53 PM
    The watch looks incredibly HTC HD2 ;-)
    Yes, I'm still a HTC, especially HTC Manilla man at heart...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    Chregu likes this.
    07-24-2014 12:58 PM
    You are right, the phone gets hot and it runs terribly, really, really terribly. Street view is unusable. You would think that a Google app on Android is more optimized. It soaked like 5 % of the battery in 5 minutes...

If it's unusable than screen is the problem here. S5 went very hot but it worked alright, until it got so hot that you couldn't hold it :D.
    07-24-2014 01:07 PM
    If it's unusable than screen is the problem here. S5 went very hot but it worked alright, until it got so hot that you couldn't hold it :D.
    Only Street View didn't work, the rest was fine. It loaded the panorama images (although slowly), but I couldn't move around in them. It always turned a little to the side and a little up until there was the sky. Nothing else worked, and it was extremely sluggish while doing so.

Very, very bad experience.
    07-24-2014 01:10 PM
    Screen uses too much GPU power. Snapdragon 805 would save the problem.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    07-24-2014 01:21 PM
    Washed out pictures in low light - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

My first thread in an Android forum. Let's see how nice Android users are.
    Looks like you got a response already...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    07-24-2014 01:23 PM
    Looks like you got a response already...
    Still waiting for a helpful one ;-)

There is probably none. The second guy seems to like how it looks.
    07-24-2014 01:24 PM
    My cyan update isn't showing!!! I'm checking every second where is it! }:O
    Same here, I think ATT is just messing with me and wants my last 4 hrs of work today to go in slow motion.
    sd173 likes this.
    07-24-2014 01:34 PM
    Screen uses too much GPU power. Snapdragon 805 would save the problem.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    I second that.. I don't see the benefits of having QHD on a 5 in phone >.< on a TV yes but not on a phone
    07-24-2014 01:37 PM
    I second that.. I don't see the benefits of having QHD on a 5 in phone >.< on a TV yes but not on a phone
    It's 5.5" phone (at the same size as the 5" M8) and the screen is just incredibly sharp and clear. Maybe you'd be surprised :P
    Last edited by Chregu; 07-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    07-24-2014 01:44 PM
    It's 5.5" phone (at the same size as the 5" M8) and the screen is just incredibly sharp and clear. Maybe you'd be surprised :P
    I know I would ^.^ but its just not needed anymore 1080p is fine but QHD is getting into the territory of unnecessary IMHO :/
    07-24-2014 01:58 PM
    I thought it would be live around 1 pm ( ET ) ?
    Apparently there's some issue where I'd you're running 8.1 preview it doesn't show up, but if you're on 8 then it shows up quickly.
    07-24-2014 01:59 PM
    Same here, I think ATT is just messing with me and wants my last 4 hrs of work today to go in slow motion.
    I just gave up after half an hour of waiting. The main thing I want with cyan is the camera improvements but I don't take pictures very often so it's not too big of an annoyance to me.
    07-24-2014 02:01 PM
    I know I would ^.^ but its just not needed anymore 1080p is fine but QHD is getting into the territory of unnecessary IMHO :/
    You remember when all new Android phones were released with 1080p and all Windows Phone users said: "Nobody needs that on a phone, it's ridiculous, it might be good on a TV, but never on a phone!"

When Microsoft, as always very late, started to support 1080p, nobody was complaining, and now Windows Phone users laugh about iPhones with a lower resolution.
    Last edited by Chregu; 07-24-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:03 PM
    Apparently there's some issue where I'd you're running 8.1 preview it doesn't show up, but if you're on 8 then it shows up quickly.
    yikes ..... :/ now that sucks
    07-24-2014 02:04 PM
    As a reviewer wrote: As long as the newest very demanding 3D games run fine without any lags, it's probably not the screen.
    07-24-2014 02:04 PM
    I'm glad I told my brother not to update his 925 to the developer preview.
    sd173 likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:05 PM
    You remember when all new Android phones were released with 1080p and all Windows Phone users said: "Nobody needs that on a phone, it's ridiculous, it might be good on a TV, but never on a phone!"

When Microsoft, as always very late, started to support 1080p, nobody was complaining, and no Windows Phone users laugh about iPhones with a lower resolution.
    I never said they shouldn't support it. here's the thing QHD doesn't make sense on a 5.5 in phone because its a phone im not going to notice the difference between 1080 and QHD unless I get a super ultra magnifying glass and look the individual pixels . on computers and TV makes sense because its looks clearer and better on bigger TVs and monitors.
    sd173 likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:10 PM
    I like forty six & 2 by tool :D
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:11 PM
    I never said they shouldn't support it. here's the thing QHD doesn't make sense on a 5.5 in phone because its a phone im not going to notice the difference between 1080 and QHD unless I get a super ultra magnifying glass and look the individual pixels . on computers and TV makes sense because its looks clearer and better on bigger TVs and monitors.
    Yeah, I understand your argument. I'm only saying that people brought the same argument when the first 1080p screens were released, and now it's standard and nobody wants to go back.

Also, most reviewers say even though they only notice the difference in a direct comparison, the screen's sharpness is still amazing. And that's good enough for me, a screen I'm amazed of every time I turn it on.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:14 PM
    yikes ..... :/ now that sucks
    It's not too bad once you get tired of waiting and lose interest.
    07-24-2014 02:16 PM
    I can't install Jetpack Joyride on my phone.

It demands: Device & app history, Identiy, Location, Wi-Fi connection information, Device Id & Call Information.

What the hell do they need that for?! That's crazy. With that they can practically see everything I do with my phone, have all my data and know where I am. I want Windows Phone back ;-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:18 PM
    Yeah, I understand your argument. I'm only saying that people brought the same argument when the first 1080p screens were released, and now it's standard and nobody wants to go back.

Also, most reviewers say even though they only notice the difference in a direct comparison, the screen's sharpness is still amazing. And that's good enough for me, a screen I'm amazed of every time I turn it on.
    I understand that there is a difference between 720 and 1080 and its pretty awesome but the difference between 1080 and 1440 is the beginning of unnecessary resolution on a phone but if they starting putting UHD ( 3840x2160) Ill call it unnecessary

if its as good as you say then that's good :D.
    07-24-2014 02:20 PM
    I can't install Jetpack Joyride on my phone.

It demands: Device & app history, Identiy, Location, Wi-Fi connection information, Device Id & Call Information.

What the hell do they need that for?! That's crazy. With that they can practically see everything I do with my phone, have all my data and know where I am. I want Windows Phone back ;-)
    call information o.o? wtf uhhhhhhhh
    07-24-2014 02:21 PM
    I understand that there is a difference between 720 and 1080 and its pretty awesome but the difference between 1080 and 1440 is the beginning of unnecessary resolution on a phone but if they starting putting UHD ( 3840x2160) Ill call it unnecessary

if its as good as you say then that's good :D.
    You don't see the point I'm making. But that's fine. And I will hold back on a remark about your attachment to your believes no matter what argument comes along.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-24-2014 02:22 PM
143,584 ... 31083109311031113112 ...