Its always been like that. Apple's **** has always been overpriced.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    I didn't know they are worth that much...worth 3 things
    07-27-2014 10:07 PM
    I remember that on the 8.1 update page it said the Htc 8xt will get it but I didn't see an 8x anywhere
    They made only 3 WP8 models: 8X, 8S, and a carrier variant in the 8XT. If they don't update the 8X and 8S, their new phones are toast.

07-27-2014 10:07 PM
    So I'm already seeing back to school commercials ..... Only 5 weeks left :/
    Everything starts early here. Nothing new in that regard...

07-27-2014 10:09 PM
    They made only 3 WP8 models: 8X, 8S, and a carrier variant in the 8XT. If they don't update the 8X and 8S, their new phones are toast.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update them to 8.1 since the market share is around 4% and most of them are nokia phone. so it has to show that their might not be enough 8x/8s users to warrant the 8.1 update
    07-27-2014 10:12 PM
    Everything starts early here. Nothing new in that regard...

I remember that they didn't start till next month
    07-27-2014 10:12 PM
    so .......ah nvm I have nothing to say right now
    07-27-2014 10:32 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if they don't update them to 8.1 since the market share is around 4% and most of them are nokia phone. so it has to show that their might not be enough 8x/8s users to warrant the 8.1 update
    That's the drawback of MSFT buying Nokia. Because their OEM and carrier relationships is a serious weakness, buying Nokia was seen as a shortcut to build on these. I don't think it is going to work unless MSFT streamlines what they're doing now, fast.

07-27-2014 10:48 PM
    That's the drawback of MSFT buying Nokia. Because their OEM and carrier relationships is a serious weakness, buying Nokia was seen as a shortcut to build on these. I don't think it is going to work unless MSFT streamlines what they're doing now, fast.

so msft should put nokia specific features on other phones? im not sure if i understood the point
    07-27-2014 10:57 PM
    And rightfully so. That would be a shame. If they announced that, I'd trade in my 8X right away, get a Moto X and never look back. If MSFT is smart, they wouldn't do that.

I read a tweet from htc....they seem to have deleted it....can't find it anywhere.... I'm paraphrasing, "We are planning to support WP8.1 for HTC8x but we don't have a specific date yet because we believe in quality"
    And another tweet was from a guy to whom they replied again "we are planning to support 8.1 but you should ask your carrier" and the guy had said his carrier had already said him they are not gonna push an update for wp8.1 for 8x that is..!!i guess that guy has an Australian carrier he said something about 3mobile...I could be wrong though
    Last edited by hope4wp; 07-27-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    07-27-2014 11:01 PM
    not saying your info is wrong but until they push out the update ill believe it ..... there have been may tweets that have been false that turned out to be not true but if its true then sweet:D
    07-27-2014 11:04 PM
    so msft should put nokia specific features on other phones? im not sure if i understood the point
    My point is look at the last few updates under 8.0. All the OEMs rolled the update around the same time - except for Nokia because theirs was the standard OS update + their enhancements (Amber, Black). Now that MSFT has bought Nokia, there may no longer be a coordinated effort to launch 8.1 for the other OEMs at the same time.
    07-27-2014 11:11 PM
    My point is look at the last few updates under 8.0. All the OEMs rolled the update around the same time - except for Nokia because theirs was the standard OS update + their enhancements (Amber, Black). Now that MSFT has bought Nokia, there may no longer be a coordinated effort to launch 8.1 for the other OEMs at the same time.
    ahhh well if you put it that way maybe msft phone might get updates faster and the other OEMS when ever they get around to it.
    07-27-2014 11:15 PM
    so im watching a YouTube movie about "the science of lust"...... its interesting ..o.o
    07-27-2014 11:58 PM
    O.o big puppets ...,,still kinds creepy >.<
    Don't have nightmares! :P

Funny how you find them creepy but there were tonnes of people of all ages loving them.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-28-2014 12:04 AM
    Don't have nightmares! :P

Funny how you find them creepy but there were tonnes of people of all ages loving them.
    i wont ! ;) but it must be the movie of chucky that got me to think puppets are creepy
    07-28-2014 12:06 AM

Agree with that.

I see the long release date for this update is starting to cause issues. I keep wondering if mine will show up simply because of the carrier. It shows on the list mind you but I can see them dragging their feet.
    07-28-2014 12:07 AM
    i wont ! ;) but it must be the movie of chucky that got me to think puppets are creepy
    Yeah. But you need to learn to separate movies from reality.

I don't like clowns but it has nothing to do with movies. I just don't find them funny.
    07-28-2014 12:09 AM
    Yeah. But you need to learn to separate movies from reality.

I don't like clowns but it has nothing to do with movies. I just don't find them funny.
    i shouldn't but i still kinda think puppets are creepy ...that's just me
    07-28-2014 12:13 AM
    i shouldn't but i still kinda think puppets are creepy ...that's just me
    Oh well. In the future your wife can take the kids and you can stay at home under the bed then. :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-28-2014 12:16 AM
    I think a thunderstorm is coming....
    07-28-2014 12:16 AM
    So I fitted most of our place with LED lights. :) should see a drop in energy bills as the lights we had were very power hungry.

I'll be fitting the rest of the place soon.
    07-28-2014 12:18 AM
    Oh well. In the future your wife can take the kids and you can stay at home under the bed then. :P
    HA HA HA very funny for your information i would not
    07-28-2014 12:19 AM
    i wonder if its the same storm that was at snowflakes place ?
    07-28-2014 12:20 AM
    HA HA HA very funny for your information i would not
    You say that now..... ;)
    Just teasing. The puppets were quite amazing.
    We had those earlier. There was even a tornado watch.
    wp_ss_20140727_0002.png
143,631 ... 31213122312331243125 ...