Well guys my time has come. After being unable to get the 925/1020 to replace my faulty 920, I have had to take the offer of the HTC One. Android awaits.
    Sorry to hear that. Totally understandable though. I'd do the same.
    09-17-2013 07:27 AM
    Well guys my time has come. After being unable to get the 925/1020 to replace my faulty 920, I have had to take the offer of the HTC One. Android awaits.
    Good luck sir. Hope you get a Lumia 520 as a spare and visit us from time to time. The One is a nice phone and probably something I'd get too if I was looking for a high end Android (either this or the Z1 for me).
    09-17-2013 07:30 AM
    So glad not to have any meetings today. I'd be sure to fall asleep in them. I'm having issues doing that at my desk and the keyboard imprint on face look isn't a good fashion statement.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    09-17-2013 07:39 AM
    How is that an offer you had to accept?
    09-17-2013 07:41 AM
    How is that an offer you had to accept?
    If someone offered me a HTC One I would have to accept it too. :P

Good question though...
    martinmc78, Muessig and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-17-2013 07:47 AM
    If someone offered me a HTC One I would have to accept it too. :P

Good question though...
    Just asking out of interest - in no way bashing the HTC One here - just not sure if I missed the backstory as to why that was the only option and why a 925/1020 couldn't be a replacement.
    09-17-2013 07:59 AM
    Just asking out of interest - in no way bashing the HTC One here - just not sure if I missed the backstory as to why that was the only option and why a 925/1020 couldn't be a replacement.
    I haven't seen anything about it before that post either.

I knew you weren't bashing it.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:01 AM
    How do we attach images in wpc app? Is it not included in the trial version?xD having a problem with my camera on my 820 it has a 1 dark spot in it 
    You can't attach images on the app.
    09-17-2013 08:07 AM
    I would like the SONY XPERIA Z1!
    09-17-2013 08:08 AM
    My friend has the HTC One it so beautiful!
    09-17-2013 08:11 AM
    I would like the SONY XPERIA Z1!
    I've always been curious as to why you don't own a S*ny...
    09-17-2013 08:20 AM
    6 warranty repairs since getting the phone in the end of January (I had a thread detailing the progress of this debacle as it happened). Phones4U said "Ok, we'll take your 920 off you and let you take home either a Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy S3, or HTC One". I was able to get offered a HTC 8X but I would consider that a serious haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience if I did that and they wouldn't offer me a 925/1020 for it. The One was the only one I considered worth it from that. But the offer was there for like 3-4 months before finally accepting in an attempt to try and blag myself the 925/1020. But it didn't pay off. Besides, the One is fantastic and I'm getting a red one (stock permitting).
    BIGPADDY and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-17-2013 08:33 AM
    I've always been curious as to why you don't own a S*ny...
    I enjoy WP8 too much however I'm considering it...
    09-17-2013 08:36 AM
    Also, for anyone wondering about said thread where I showed just how it unfolded... here is the link: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ed-repair.html

EDIT: Perhaps that's not the right thread... will find it though.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:39 AM
    6 warranty repairs since getting the phone in the end of January (I had a thread detailing the progress of this debacle as it happened). Phones4U said "Ok, we'll take your 920 off you and let you take home either a Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy S3, or HTC One". I was able to get offered a HTC 8X but I would consider that a serious haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience if I did that and they wouldn't offer me a 925/1020 for it. The One was the only one I considered worth it from that. But the offer was there for like 3-4 months before finally accepting in an attempt to try and blag myself the 925/1020. But it didn't pay off. Besides, the One is fantastic and I'm getting a red one (stock permitting).
    Wait a minute - 6 warranty repairs to a Nokia handset and you wanted another Nokia in exchange but consider an 8x a "haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience"

I can see why you picked the HTC One but after 6 warranty repairs there would be no way I would want another Nokia.
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-17-2013 08:42 AM
    Messy but at least you get a good phone at the end.

I'm not sure why they don't seem to mind losing customers. I think Phones 4U are the worst when it comes to customer service and don't get me started on EE....
    09-17-2013 08:44 AM
    Wait a minute - 6 warranty repairs to a Nokia handset and you wanted another Nokia in exchange but consider an 8x a "haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience"

I can see why you picked the HTC One but after 6 warranty repairs there would be no way I would want another Nokia.
    I couldn't agree more. A lot of people on this forum go on and on about how great the hardware is and blame the OS for everything. Truth is a lot of it is hardware related or firmware related. I would have given up after 2 times. I don't have much tolerance and I'm not overly brand loyal.
    09-17-2013 08:46 AM
    Messy but at least you get a good phone at the end.

I'm not sure why they don't seem to mind losing customers. I think Phones 4U are the worst when it comes to customer service and don't get me started on EE....
    They offered to change the handset after the 4th repair (of which they only did 2, Nokia did the other 2). They did that back in April or May. It's taken me this long to accept though. They did go out of their way to say I bought SIM-free.

Because value added extras in terms of software and exclusives on the HTC 8X... Well, I don't think there really is anything. Nokia however have so many exclusives. And I still want a 1020 so may sell the One to buy it.
    Muessig likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:47 AM
    They offered to change the handset after the 4th repair (of which they only did 2, Nokia did the other 2). They did that back in April or May. It's taken me this long to accept though. They did go out of their way to say I bought SIM-free.
    That rubbish services, I sent my device back twice to Nokia and nothing got done so I'm just waiting for a SONY device to come out on WP.
    09-17-2013 08:50 AM
    I couldn't agree more. A lot of people on this forum go on and on about how great the hardware is and blame the OS for everything. Truth is a lot of it is hardware related or firmware related. I would have given up after 2 times. I don't have much tolerance and I'm not overly brand loyal.
    Me neither. If my 8x keeps playing up and going to see if I can exchange for an AtivS as this is my second 8x. Love the phone but its not much good to me if its starting to have the same problems my first one did.
    09-17-2013 08:50 AM
    Although saying that, seeing as O2 seem to have messed up on my 1020 order I might just angle it to see if I can keep that.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:51 AM

Because value added extras in terms of software and exclusives on the HTC 8X... Well, I don't think there really is anything. Nokia however have so many exclusives. And I still want a 1020 so may sell the One to buy it.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I bought SIM-free and I've unlocked so I'm pretty much screwed if anything else goes wrong on mine. I had to get a unlock code because no one would unlock my phone. I refused to get a SIM from EE just to so I can unlock my phone after three months. The crap part is that I still have a EE phone though so have to wait for their updates releases.

I may consider the 1020 but I'm waiting until after WP8.1 and buying completely unlocked.
    09-17-2013 08:54 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I bought SIM-free and I've unlocked so I'm pretty much screwed if anything else goes wrong on mine. I had to get a unlock code because no one would unlock my phone. I refused to get a SIM from EE just to so I can unlock my phone after three months. The crap part is that I still have a EE phone though so have to wait for their updates releases.

I may consider the 1020 but I'm waiting until after WP8.1 and buying completely unlocked.
    I went T-Mobile. 16/mth for Unlimited Everything. That's Everything Everywhere.
    09-17-2013 08:57 AM
    I went T-Mobile. 16/mth for Unlimited Everything. That's Everything Everywhere.
    That's not too bad. I'm on Virgin which uses the EE network. At the time of getting the phone I was on Virgin and couldn't be bothered doing the whole phone number transfer nonsense. Call me lazy. :P I'm going to update my plan on Virgin. 15/m for the same deal you have on T-mobile. Keeps life simple. What will be nice is listening to online music. I'll be able to listen to my old Toronto station again. :) Hiopefully! :P
    09-17-2013 09:04 AM
    We have the TuneIn Radio app so all should be good for my streaming radio needs. :)
    09-17-2013 09:11 AM
144,483 ... 311312313314315 ...