I found the zombie thing I was talking about. It was fungus but I do believe there's a parasite as well.

Undead-End: Fungus That Controls Zombie-Ants Has Own Fungal Stalker - Scientific American
    That's no fun. I hope nobody of you is an ant!

Now I feel like watching Zombieland, and I could, I'm sick at home after all...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-30-2014 04:52 AM
    I found the zombie thing I was talking about. It was fungus but I do believe there's a parasite as well.

Undead-End: Fungus That Controls Zombie-Ants Has Own Fungal Stalker - Scientific American
    Gah. You made me remember about the...thing Kotaku made me look at.

A fungus that ate its way through a spider.
    07-30-2014 05:08 AM
    This was the one on cats - Do Cats Control My Mind? - James Hamblin - The Atlantic

I often wonder if I may have had this when younger or something. I was quite fearless then. Then again it may just be young stupidity. :P I'm still not scared of much though and I like cats. :P
    Chregu and WanderingTraveler like this.
    07-30-2014 05:12 AM
    Leave it to me to like the most expensive cover you can buy for a Nexus 7.... it will have to wait until after the vacation though.

devices - Nexus 7 - Portenzo
    07-30-2014 05:13 AM
    Leave it to me to like the most expensive cover you can buy for a Nexus 7.... it will have to wait until after the vacation though.

devices - Nexus 7 - Portenzo
    It's probably more expensive than the device itself ;-)
    07-30-2014 05:15 AM
    Only if you go overboard getting all the options. :P

I was looking at one of the cheaper designs and not bothering getting the camera cutout as it's extra.

I was thinking this one - http://shop.portenzo.com/custom-book-case-for-nexus-7/
    Chregu likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:18 AM
    Only if you go overboard getting all the options. :P

I was looking at one of the cheaper designs and not bothering getting the camera cutout as it's extra.

I was thinking this one - Custom Book Case for Nexus 7
    They really look very nice!
    07-30-2014 05:22 AM
    They really look very nice!
    That's why I want one. :P

I like the fact I can choose the colouring I want. You'll notice they also make them for iPads...
    Chregu likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:23 AM
    That's why I want one. :P

I like the fact I can choose the colouring I want. You'll notice they also make them for iPads...
    My iPad already has scratches and a dent, as I only use this smart cover thing for the screen, so it's too late for that ;-)

Also, the 9 inch iPad is already pretty big, I wouldn't want to make it bigger.
    07-30-2014 05:26 AM
    My iPad already has scratches and a dent, as I only use this smart cover thing for the screen, so it's too late for that ;-)

Also, the 9 inch iPad is already pretty big, I wouldn't want to make it bigger.
    It doesn't make it much bigger if you look at the pics. I think one of my friends has one of these for their iPads they were quite happy with it.

How did you end up with dents???
    07-30-2014 05:32 AM
    It doesn't make it much bigger if you look at the pics. I think one of my friends has one of these for their iPads they were quite happy with it.

How did you end up with dents???
    Don't you remember? I was crying my heart out about this. I only take my iPad to the fitness center to watch shows on while cycling. I used to always carelessly put the iPad in my sports bag afterwards and stored it in my locker. It doesn't fit very well, so I sometimes forced it into it without thinking about my beloved iPad. I assume I did it like this.

Since then I always carry the iPad separately.
    07-30-2014 05:34 AM
    Don't you remember? I was crying my heart out about this. I only take my iPad to the fitness center to watch shows on while cycling. I used to always carelessly put the iPad in my sports bag afterwards and stored it in my locker. It doesn't fit very well, so I sometimes forced it into it without thinking about my beloved iPad. I assume I did it like this.

Since then I always carry the iPad separately.
    Well that sucks. :/

It sort of rings a bell but it could have been a time when I was MIA on the thread.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:42 AM
    Well that sucks. :/

It sort of rings a bell but it could have been a time when I was MIA on the thread.
    Doesn't matter, it's not that bad. And it still works without any problems ;-)

Well, I'm just loading a high-res movie onto my G3, and now I'll check out how much the battery drains and how hot my phone gets when watching a movie on it ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:44 AM
    I woke up far too early and couldn't fall asleep anymore. I feel terribly tired. At least it's my last working day today.

...damn, I forgot some bacteria yesterday!
    I'll send some probiotics your way, a billion bugs guaranteed :-)
    07-30-2014 06:15 AM
    I'm starting to become Chregu. I'm kind of leaning away from Microsoft products. They have been ******* me off lately. Especially, all of Microsoft's services that I use are on other platforms. Sometimes the other platforms are BETTER with MSFT's services than MSFT's platforms! Phase one will be selling my SP2 for the newly updated (as of today) MBP. Yosemite looks BEAUTIFUL, and isn't all over the place like W8. If there is no worthy flagship to replace my 920 after September, I'm leaving WP too. I won't leave my Xbox One though, but I also own a PS4.

Bad Microsoft. BAD!
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Kinda like the best Google services are on the iPhone and iPad:-)
    N_LaRUE and psudotechzealot like this.
    07-30-2014 06:17 AM
    Yesterday, coffee break. I was playing around with "Ok Google" (I don't have Google Now activated, I don't need this). Somebody of us mentioned Siri and I said something along the lines of: "You remember my phone before has a Microsoft OS? They are developing something like Siri, but much better!"

Her response: "There are people using this? I only used Siri once, when you and I were playing around with it."

I wonder, are there many people using Cortana on a daily basis productively?
    I use Cortana daily especially when driving to make calls and send text messages hands free.
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-30-2014 06:19 AM
    The Google cover is quite nice and pretty expensive in my book. I like it though on my N7.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-30-2014 06:21 AM
    The Google cover is quite nice and pretty expensive in my book. I like it though on my N7.
    What cover is that???
    07-30-2014 06:29 AM
    What cover is that???
    Directly available through Google on the Play Store.
    07-30-2014 06:32 AM
    Directly available through Google on the Play Store.
    Hmm... I should see I can find it. I do like the other one though. :)
    07-30-2014 06:32 AM
    I see Chregu got the G3. I got a Moto X and a OnePlus One 64GB on order... but still using the 810. The USB port crapped out in India but just fixed it today.
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-30-2014 06:34 AM
    I'm thinking of cashing out my Bing points and getting a 635 to try out Lumia Cyan and WP8.1. Also would like LTE on my WP device, any thoughts...
    07-30-2014 06:38 AM
    Not sure. I haven't been paying much attention to the latest Windows Phones. Nothing really interests me much. With regards to Bing points, well, those are non existent here... sounds like a plan though.
    07-30-2014 06:49 AM
    I'm thinking of cashing out my Bing points and getting a 635 to try out Lumia Cyan and WP8.1. Also would like LTE on my WP device, any thoughts...
    You missed my mini take on the 635 because you were hard at work moving phones...

The 635 is not bad. Phone zippy enough as a quad core. On screen buttons as OK. As a cheap device, feel in hand is pretty good. T-mo's LTE for their branded devices is pretty fast. Its not a bad get as a phone for the other people who don't want much from their device or those who want a good spare.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    07-30-2014 06:52 AM
    You missed my mini take on the 635 because you were hard at work moving phones...

The 635 is not bad. Phone zippy enough as a quad core. On screen buttons as OK. As a cheap device, feel in hand is pretty good. T-mo's LTE for their branded devices is pretty fast. Its not a bad get as a phone for the other people who don't want much from their device or those who want a good spare.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    Agreed. I would compare it to the Moto E and in that regard it is a slightly better device.
    07-30-2014 06:57 AM
145,292 ... 31383139314031413142 ...