Simon Beckett is the author! Thanks Google.
    07-31-2014 05:24 AM
    How do you like iPad? I'm not biggest fan of IOS but I like it's form factor ( 4:3). I would much rather have Android but 16:9 down factor seems odd, to long in landscape and to tall in portrait.
    I liked iOS very much before I got my Android. My LG G3 has both of both worlds: Icons that can be managed like on iOS, widgets that are more functional tiles.

I still like it, but it seems a little dull. However, I love the functionality, the build quality, the apps, the battery life and pretty much everything about the iPad Air, I wouldn't want another tablet.
    Sport Driver and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-31-2014 05:26 AM
    There's no new David Hunter novel :-(
    07-31-2014 05:28 AM
    I'll buy Laidlaw by William McIlvanney. It's set in Scotland, that's close enough. It was actually released in 1977 and got a re-release 2013. That's why I found it.
    07-31-2014 05:37 AM
    I'll buy Laidlaw by William McIlvanney. It's set in Scotland, that's close enough. It was actually released in 1977 and got a re-release 2013. That's why I found it.
    You're going to Wales. :P Maybe find something in Wales? There's actually a pretty good movie with Hugh Grant in it placed in Wales I'll see if I can find it.
    Chregu likes this.
    07-31-2014 05:43 AM
    I liked iOS very much before I got my Android. My LG G3 has both of both worlds: Icons that can be managed like on iOS, widgets that are more functional tiles.

I still like it, but it seems a little dull. However, I love the functionality, the build quality, the apps, the battery life and pretty much everything about the iPad Air, I wouldn't want another tablet.

I don't know, iPad is expensive. I can get Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 315 from Germany buy I'm not sure I would like it and on top of that I don't really need a tablet.
    I would probably just wait and see wasn't Surface 3 brings ( if it will show up ever) :).
    07-31-2014 05:43 AM
    07-31-2014 05:44 AM
    I watched that one years ago but still remember it well, I enjoyed it back in the times!

And as I said, close enough, I know I don't go to Scotland :P
    N_LaRUE and kmji1957 like this.
    07-31-2014 05:45 AM
    Actually, I still had some books on the Kindle that are located in England. I also added some book I wanted to read later I forgot about. It wasn't actually necessary to buy a new book, but I think I'll survive the 8 $.

The Kindle has become such a cute device since I'm used to the big screens of my iPad and the G3 ;-)
    07-31-2014 05:46 AM
    I don't know, iPad is expensive. I can get Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 315€ from Germany buy I'm not sure I would like it and on top of that I don't really need a tablet.
    I would probably just wait and see wasn't Surface 3 brings ( if it will show up ever) :).
    Everything my iPad can do, my LG G3 can do too. So I think I would also be happy with an Android tablet.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-31-2014 05:48 AM
    I don't know, iPad is expensive. I can get Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 315€ from Germany buy I'm not sure I would like it and on top of that I don't really need a tablet.
    I'm very happy with my Nexus 7 tablet. The form factor suits me and I find myself using it more than my phone. I can attach a keyboard to it if need be. It can do everything I need and more. It has no issues with connectivity unlike my WP.
    07-31-2014 05:53 AM
    I'm very happy with my Nexus 7 tablet. The form factor suits me and I find myself using it more than my phone. I can attach a keyboard to it if need be. It can do everything I need and more. It has no issues with connectivity unlike my WP.

I used my tablet more than my phone too when I still had Nokia C6-01 which worked worse than my tablet but L820 works much better than my tablet so I only use it in bad before I go to sleep. I would be probably very happy wit Lumia if only it had a better battery :(. Not really fan of charging a phone twice a day.
    07-31-2014 06:27 AM
    Well, having an LG G3 will change everything.

Now I can take a picture with my S120, if I like it I connect the S120 to the G3 wirelessly and can load the pictures onto my phone with the Canon app. Then I can post them via the WPC Android app.

There's no Canon app for Windows Phone and the WPC app on Windows Phone can't upload pictures.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-31-2014 06:31 AM
    Well, having an LG G3 will change everything.

Now I can take a picture with my S120, if I like it I connect the S120 to the G3 wirelessly and can load the pictures onto my phone with the Canon app. Then I can post them via the WPC Android app.

There's no Canon app for Windows Phone and the WPC app on Windows Phone can't upload pictures.
    Yeah that's an amazing app and feature in the camera isn't it? It would be nice to have that on WP. Oh well. That's what I have a tablet for now. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    07-31-2014 06:38 AM
    Yeah that's an amazing app and feature in the camera isn't it? It would be nice to have that on WP. Oh well. That's what I have a tablet for now. :)
    It would also be possible to keep the camera connected to the phone for GPS tagging, I didn't look into it though, I think there would be a pretty big hit on battery life on both devices.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-31-2014 06:41 AM
    I was sent this link by one of the higher spirits of the forum. It might help you understand that horrible movie, Noah,you saw better... Not that you really want to.... Interesting read though.

http://www.aleteia.org/en/arts-enter...37320601042944
    Chregu likes this.
    07-31-2014 07:16 AM
    I was sent this link by one of the higher spirits of the forum. It might help you understand that horrible movie, Noah,you saw better... Not that you really want to.... Interesting read though.

The Secret Gnostic Key to Aronofsky's "Noah" that Everyone Missed - Aleteia
    Well, okay, interesting.

However, I think I didn't criticize the movie as a bad portrayal of the bible story, I criticized it for being a bad movie. I still take back the "Christian morality taken and morphed into insanity" statement. And of course the vegan statement, in this case it doesn't seem to be required for being a good Christian ;-)

What that means for me: Gnosticists were really bad at writing movie scripts.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-31-2014 07:27 AM
    Morning folks. Yesterday was a day I'm glad is now in the books. I'll go back and re read what I missed later. In the meantime, I'm back on my PSP Go until I get to work...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-31-2014 07:30 AM
    I'm irritated this afternoon, I wasted my lunch break driving across the city to get a blood test. I drove all the way over there and parked up, paid for the parking then realised I didn't have the blood test form the doctor gave me. So I had to drive back to work to keep on working and u have to go tonight.

Bah!
    Last edited by Muessig; 07-31-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-31-2014 07:34 AM
    I'm irritated this afternoon, I wasted my lunch break driving across the city to get a blood test. I drove all the way over there and parked up, paid for the parking then realised I didn't have the boys test form the doctor gave me. So I had to drive back to work to keep on working and u have to go tonight.

Bah!
    Phew, annoying!
    07-31-2014 07:55 AM
    Well, I'm heading out. See you at the other side.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-31-2014 07:55 AM
    I'm irritated this afternoon, I wasted my lunch break driving across the city to get a blood test. I drove all the way over there and parked up, paid for the parking then realised I didn't have the boys test form the doctor gave me. So I had to drive back to work to keep on working and u have to go tonight.

Bah!
    Bummer.
    07-31-2014 08:10 AM
    Well, I'm heading out. See you at the other side.
    Trade you places. :P
    07-31-2014 08:10 AM
    Weather currently in my part of the UK is sunny, blue sky, some wispy clouds and simply beautiful. :)
    Sunny and in UK? Sounds like an oxymoron to me :-)
    07-31-2014 08:48 AM
    yesterday on my way to the airport I saw a 500m long advertisement board of LG G3....wanted to take a pic...but the car was going at a speed of 160km/h
    Flying Saudia again, Nadia? Well that rhymed pretty well...
    07-31-2014 08:49 AM
143,629 ... 31533154315531563157 ...