I hope so too. I was put in a position where either I try to change jobs and not have an increase in pay that really can help, or go after what I want to do - being in management - by getting hammered right now to get my masters, ride out a couple of tough years and really take off later.

So I pick the second option.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Only thing I can say, keep strong.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 08:55 AM
    I often have desires to change career or go back to do some schooling. Issue is I never know what to do in either case. :P
    Well, as your wife will tell you...doing this type of work, if you want to be a true master of your own opportunities, the more qualified you are with both education and experience is the best way.

08-13-2014 08:58 AM
    I'm not buying phone now, but probably early next year. LG G3 isn't bad but its not so cheap as 17 year old me would like to ;). Only 2 phones I could buy are currently(I'm prepared to pay) are Xperia Z1 for 288 and Nexus 5 for 250. Both on 2 year contract.
    What's the price of the Z1 Compact?

08-13-2014 08:59 AM
    Well, as your wife will tell you...doing this type of work, if you want to be a true master of your own opportunities, the more qualified you are with both education and experience is the best way.

My wife is in an unusual position under the circumstances. Though she's a trained counsellor she has chosen a path that isn't well represented here in the UK. So it's a bit tough.

For myself in my current career, aside from management I'm pretty much at the peak.
    08-13-2014 09:00 AM
    What's the price of the Z1 Compact?

264 on 2 year contract.
    08-13-2014 09:04 AM
    You know, I'm never a fan of fanboys on any level. I didn't find Traveler's comments to be trolling, but I don't know who is more entitled at times: iSheep or Fandroids...

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-...ats-difference

08-13-2014 09:04 AM
    264 on 2 year contract.
    Specs wise, there isn't much difference between that and the Z2. The camera, for one, is virtually the same.

08-13-2014 09:06 AM
    And we have more Nexus 6 specs.

QHD 5,2" screen ( yeah :D )
    Snapdragon 805
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB storage
    12 MP camera

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...roid-L_id59287
    Me like it. A lot. :D

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
    08-13-2014 09:06 AM
    Specs wise, there isn't much difference between that and the Z2. The camera, for one, is virtually the same.

Sure, same with full size Z1, you pay 20 more for bigger screen.

08-13-2014 09:08 AM
    My wife is in an unusual position under the circumstances. Though she's a trained counsellor she has chosen a path that isn't well represented here in the UK. So it's a bit tough.

For myself in my current career, aside from management I'm pretty much at the peak.
    I'm trying to walk the unusual way took, even in social work. That simply means that it is a long and less traveled road ahead too.

08-13-2014 09:10 AM
    You know, I'm never a fan of fanboys on any level. I didn't find Traveler's comments to be trolling, but I don't know who is more entitled at times: iSheep or Fandroids...

Samsung Galaxy Alpha versus Galaxy S5: What's the difference? | Android Central

The person attacking Traveler has issues, obviously.... Those were not troll comments at all and they have zero sense of humour. I didn't see any hate at all. Weird people out there. I guess we're all supposed to praise all new devices when they come out?
    08-13-2014 09:14 AM

Snapdragon 805
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB storage
    12 MP camera

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...roid-L_id59287

I actually like the N5. I may end up skipping this simply because Nexus has never had a good camera and I do t expect this one to be any better. Plus, there isn't much difference between the S800 and the s805.

08-13-2014 09:15 AM

Snapdragon 805
    3 GB RAM
    32 GB storage
    12 MP camera

Motorola Shamu aka Nexus 6 full specs leak: 5.2" QHD screen, Snapdragon 805 and Android L

I'll have to see it in person before I make any firm decisions about whether it will suit me or not. I'd like them to put a half decent camera on it though. I don't care about high pixels I want quality pictures. No I don't want the M8...
    08-13-2014 09:16 AM
    The person attacking Traveler has issues, obviously.... Those were not troll comments at all and they have zero sense of humour. I didn't see any hate at all. Weird people out there. I guess we're all supposed to praise all new devices when they come out?
    I see to much of that on the sister sites here for Mobile Nations. That's why I'd rather go to XDA. At least their snotty nosed nature was more about how to really work the underpinnings of the OS as opposed to praising how great blindly the OS is.

08-13-2014 09:20 AM
    I'm trying to walk the unusual way took, even in social work. That simply means that it is a long and less traveled road ahead too.

I took the road less traveled as well but there are times I wish I hadn't.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 09:22 AM
    I'll have to see it in person before I make any firm decisions about whether it will suit me or not. I'd like them to put a half decent camera on it though. I don't care about high pixels I want quality pictures. No I don't want the M8...
    We will see. Nexus has never had a good camera. I doubt moto will change that but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did. Nexus has always been a niche device targeted at developers first...

08-13-2014 09:25 AM
    I took the road less traveled as well but there are times I wish I hadn't.
    I've tried the conformity in some things and it just doesn't help. So I'm better off sticking to cutting my own path forward and riding out those frustrations.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-13-2014 09:27 AM
    I'm afraid price of the new Nexus will be close to those of S5 and HTC ONE and not so much to the Nexus 5.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    08-13-2014 09:29 AM
    I'm afraid price of the new Nexus will be close to those of S5 and HTC ONE and not so much to the Nexus 5.
    The Nexus devices are usually significantly cheaper than the other flagships. I'll just wait and see what happens. I just want a half decent camera to go with the phone. I can wait for the right one. I'm no hurry. :)
    08-13-2014 09:33 AM
    The Nexus devices are usually significantly cheaper than the other flagships. I'll just wait and see what happens. I just want a half decent camera to go with the phone. I can wait for the right one. I'm no hurry. :)
    Not always, in terms of the cheapness of the pricing. I know in some markets they charge flagship type money for the Nexus.

Waiting may be your best bet.
    08-13-2014 09:45 AM
    I like to eat eat eat apples and bananas
    Groan!
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-13-2014 09:57 AM
    Not always, in terms of the cheapness of the pricing. I know in some markets they charge flagship type money for the Nexus.

Waiting may be your best bet.
    Well nothing is really out that I want at this stage. So I wait.
    08-13-2014 09:58 AM
    I think there might be two models, one priced High and one low. Might not be a bad idea to give OPO a try.
    Last edited by worldspy99; 08-13-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    08-13-2014 09:59 AM
    5s camera is not that bad but I am sure the 920 has spoiled you.
    08-13-2014 10:00 AM
    Hmm so what's the crack going on in here these days?

Haven't been here in ages!
    The band of merry misfits continues to grow....
    Last edited by worldspy99; 08-13-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:02 AM
145,721 ... 32293230323132323233 ...