Morning folks. I wonder if getting a even a used 1020 is worth it at this point.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Morning :) . I probably wouldn't take the L1020. HW is just to old, BUT you have a Nexus so Lumia could be you second device which you would use only when going somewhere it might not be bad purchase. If camera is the thing you are looking for it is still probably the best device you can get.
    08-19-2014 05:50 AM
    Morning folks. I wonder if getting a even a used 1020 is worth it at this point.

Depends on the price. How much is it for?
    08-19-2014 05:53 AM
    Depends on the price. How much is it for?
    They're still ridiculously expensive here in the UK, not sure about the US. I wouldn't buy one for the prices I've seen.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    08-19-2014 05:55 AM
    They're still ridiculously expensive here in the UK, not sure about the US. I wouldn't buy one for the prices I've seen.

Yup, same here. Not worth it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-19-2014 06:01 AM
    I'm just fishing around. I saw a used one at a decent enough price where even though it is AT&T locked, if I can get it unlocked it could be useful. The camera is the key feature here and I'm not as intimidated by the slower shot to shot speed. Remember, no matter what WP I get, it would be my secondary device.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    08-19-2014 06:19 AM
    Now, at the site I use, unlocked the $1020 is $400 and the $1520 is $480. So of course I'd buy the 1520. (The 930 is still $550). I don't know if I'd buy a 1020 brand new - kinda doubt it - but used and for the right price, maybe worth a flyer...?

08-19-2014 06:25 AM
    Now, at the site I use, unlocked the $1020 is $400 and the $1520 is $480. So of course I'd buy the 1520. (The 930 is still $550). I don't know if I'd buy a 1020 brand new - kinda doubt it - but used and for the right price, maybe worth a flyer...?

I checked eBay for phones just out of curiosity. The used ones weren't selling for much less than the new sadly enough. There was also a mix of 32 and 64GB.

I don't know how slow the camera really is with the 1020. I've heard that unless you're after the large resolution it's not too bad.
    08-19-2014 06:32 AM
    I checked eBay for phones just out of curiosity. The used ones weren't selling for much less than the new sadly enough. There was also a mix of 32 and 64GB.

I don't know how slow the camera really is with the 1020. I've heard that unless you're after the large resolution it's not too bad.
    Like I said, I'm just quietly fishing. At this point, for my use, Nokia makes the best cameras. The Nexus 5 can get away with on the spot snaps, but no serious photography. Therefore, I'd get a high end Lumia for my camera events. I like the 925, but need something with more punch.

08-19-2014 07:01 AM
    Like I said, I'm just quietly fishing. At this point, for my use, Nokia makes the best cameras. The Nexus 5 can get away with on the spot snaps, but no serious photography. Therefore, I'd get a high end Lumia for my camera events. I like the 925, but need something with more punch.

Get an Ixus 265. It's what I have. Great features and has an awesome app for Android. Uses WiFi and NFC.

Canon IXUS 265 HS - PowerShot and IXUS digital compact cameras - Canon UK
    08-19-2014 07:04 AM
    Get an Ixus 265. It's what I have. Great features and has an awesome app for Android. Uses WiFi and NFC.

Canon IXUS 265 HS - PowerShot and IXUS digital compact cameras - Canon UK
    I still have this bad boy as a stand alone that take great pictures...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VK...pUvbUpU2717730

08-19-2014 07:18 AM
    Looks like the seller for the 1020 bit at my asking price. We will see if it pulls through. Worse thing that happens is I can unlock and flip it.

08-19-2014 07:21 AM
    Looks like the seller for the 1020 bit at my asking price. We will see if it pulls through. Worse thing that happens is I can unlock and flip it.

So much for fishing. :P

Good luck! :) Would be good to get your opinion on the device.
    08-19-2014 07:25 AM
    So today I've got a fair bit of design to do, which is good but I have to balance it out with more logistical work too. Tricky.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-19-2014 07:45 AM
    So today I've got a fair bit of design to do, which is good but I have to balance it out with more logistical work too. Tricky.
    That's my everyday life! :P Though the 'design' part is different.

Good to hear though. :)
    08-19-2014 08:11 AM
    It seems like all my WPC brethren is leaving WP.
    08-19-2014 08:38 AM
    It seems like all my WPC brethren is leaving WP.
    Who's your brethren?

Many people on this thread use multiple devices as WP unfortunately doesn't suit our needs 100%. We always discuss the ins and outs of all OSs on here. The good the bad the ugly as the saying goes.

As for the other threads, I'm not surprised with people dropping WP. I personally see at least another 2 years before they become a viable alternative unless the apps start coming in really fast.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2014 08:42 AM
    LOL I was going to play with you but I decided to be nice. It's a cake my wife bought the day of our anniversary. It has profiteroles on top. :)
    I love profiteroles! Sigh, good pastries are hard to come by in the USA.
    08-19-2014 08:45 AM

Try Fleabay. A friend of mine got it for $196. Unlocking the darn thing is another story. If you get one let me know, I have a brand new case sitting around that I can send you.
    08-19-2014 08:47 AM
    I love profiteroles! Sigh, good pastries are hard to come by in the USA.
    In certain areas of the US it's hard to find all kinds of things but it's really no different than the UK or Canada. Funny thing is pastries are done well all across the EU though.

The cake was from Patisserie Valerie. Not sure if you know them. They're a chain here. Really nice cakes and food.
    08-19-2014 08:51 AM
    So much for fishing. :P

Good luck! :) Would be good to get your opinion on the device.
    Hit a snag. Looks like someone beat me to the punch and bought it. Oh well, those are the breaks.

I've always liked everything about the 1020, except the processor. It should have been a quad core. If not, a dual core S600. Still didn't understand why Nokia rolled out the 1520 2 months after the 1020 with the newer chips. Oh I remember why: MSFT runs a siloed company so of course the OS wouldn't be ready in time...

08-19-2014 08:53 AM
    Try Fleabay. A friend of mine got it for $196. Unlocking the darn thing is another story. If you get one let me know, I have a brand new case sitting around that I can send you.
    The one I was looking to get in person was less than that. Oh well, perhaps they saved me a few dollars so I'm not mad.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-19-2014 08:56 AM
    In certain areas of the US it's hard to find all kinds of things but it's really no different than the UK or Canada. Funny thing is pastries are done well all across the EU though.

The cake was from Patisserie Valerie. Not sure if you know them. They're a chain here. Really nice cakes and food.
    Did not know about them. Thanks for sharing. Switching gears, I've actually had the best croissants in Kuala Lumpur followed by Denmark and then France:-) And best French meal (vegetarian of course) was in Copenhagen - my boss took us there for dinner.
    08-19-2014 08:56 AM
    The one I was looking to get in person was less than that. Oh well, perhaps they saved me a few dollars so I'm not mad.

Going to pick up a bamboo back Moto X on Thursday from CL.
    08-19-2014 08:58 AM
    Did not know about them. Thanks for sharing. Switching gears, I've actually had the best croissants in Kuala Lumpur followed by Denmark and then France:-) And best French meal (vegetarian of course) was in Copenhagen - my boss took us there for dinner.
    Interesting. I haven't been to Kuala Lumpur so I can't comment on that one. In Denmark I don't think I had any croissants. It's always about finding the best place though isn't it?

Finding vegetarian food in France isn't always easy but in Paris it's starting to become more popular. I think we may hit one up while there in October. If it's any good I'll let you know. :) I'm pretty picky when it comes to vegetarian/vegan food.
    08-19-2014 09:02 AM
    Interesting. I haven't been to Kuala Lumpur so I can't comment on that one. In Denmark I don't think I had any croissants. It's always about finding the best place though isn't it?

Finding vegetarian food in France isn't always easy but in Paris it's starting to become more popular. I think we may hit one up while there in October. If it's any good I'll let you know. :) I'm pretty picky when it comes to vegetarian/vegan food.
    Some really amazing South Indian fare in Kuala Lumpur as well. If you go let me know and I'll tell you what joints or fine establishments you can go to.
    08-19-2014 09:06 AM
142,848 ... 32663267326832693270 ...