So a couple of days ago someone posted this - http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...do-better.html

I think we'll be waiting for sometime for MS to do it better...
    08-19-2014 10:55 AM
    Do I sound cranky. :P

Ah, just disenchanted I think.
    08-19-2014 10:56 AM

A little bit of both and that is okay, perhaps time to be a dual OS person:-)
    08-19-2014 11:00 AM
    A little bit of both and that is okay, perhaps time to be a dual OS person:-)
    I am dual with my tablet. :) But I don't carry my tablet all the time.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2014 11:01 AM

I don't think so :o

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    08-19-2014 11:02 AM
    I just read one of the M8 articles. Just to annoy me the person writing it says - "The HTC One M8 for Windows brings choice to those who like Windows Phone, but have wanted a high-end offering outside the Lumia line"

Choice for who? What choice? Doesn't exist outside Verizon land. :P
    Sport Driver likes this.
    08-19-2014 11:03 AM
    Nexus won't be exclusive, that's how Google works, unlike MS ;).
    They said they started to listen customers but they didn't. Those on Verizon have now 3 high-end phones, Icon, Ativ SE and M8 WP. We in Europe only got L930. But things are even worse for those on AT&T or T-Mobile. Last flagship on at&t was L1520 which is too big for many people and on T-Mobile that was L925 which isn't now even high midrange. Seriously MS people are screening that they want a flagship device and all you are able to do is give a phone to one is carrier.
    As for AT&T, they'll get something. They haven't launched a WP in mid year as far as I can remember. All their big models come out in the fall, so they may get something then. Remember, the 1020 was the only thing launched early for them from Nokia (Aug/September). The 920, 820, 925 and 1520 were November launches.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    08-19-2014 11:10 AM
    To make a counterpoint though, the M8 on Android can be had for about $425 these days, it's not like flagships besides the iPhone can hold their own for a year or so....
    So that's for HTC to decide. Will they do dual launches and just put out a smaller number of the WP model in key markets or do a staggered release after getting out the initial Android offering first?

08-19-2014 11:11 AM
    What really frustrates me the most is that this phone when/if it gets released here will be released as a new phone like the L930 at a price which will make it unattractive to most people except diehards.
    08-19-2014 11:12 AM
    Come November people will be jumping up and down for the iPhone 6 (5.5" display) and not much else. I doubt that Google Nexus 6 will get some traction, even though it has a qHD display like the G3 but has none of the processor issues the G3 has. Now only if the Nexus camera would stack up to a good Lumia then I would be set with it and my 925. Oh and I forget they need to improve the battery life, it sucks just as much as my 925.
    Dude, nexus has never been about a good camera. That won't happen.

08-19-2014 11:13 AM
    So that's for HTC to decide. Will they do dual launches and just put out a smaller number of the WP model in key markets or do a staggered release after getting out the initial Android offering first?

I guess it depends if its a carrier exclusive or not and what the carrier wants to do. They seem to be in control anyway.
    08-19-2014 11:14 AM

You sound like your regular self.

08-19-2014 11:14 AM
    Dude, nexus has never been about a good camera. That won't happen.

Maybe we'll be surprised?
    08-19-2014 11:15 AM
    You sound like your regular self.

Is that a good thing? :/
    08-19-2014 11:15 AM
    I just read one of the M8 articles. Just to annoy me the person writing it says - "The HTC One M8 for Windows brings choice to those who like Windows Phone, but have wanted a high-end offering outside the Lumia line"

Choice for who? What choice? Doesn't exist outside Verizon land. :P
    Well here is an interesting read:
    HTC One With Windows Phone: Another Great Phone You Won't Buy - WSJ
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-19-2014 11:21 AM
    As for AT&T, they'll get something. They haven't launched a WP in mid year as far as I can remember. All their big models come out in the fall, so they may get something then. Remember, the 1020 was the only thing launched early for them from Nokia (Aug/September). The 920, 820, 925 and 1520 were November launches.

I just hope that they don't count 800 series as high-end.
    But btw, I finally started receiving tapatalk notifications after reset Tapatalk yesterday. Not like that worked on my Android tablet in the first place without any problems... But it would probably be some kind of charm of WP :D :P
    08-19-2014 11:25 AM
    Interesting read. Very true if course. So if the HTC makes it out of Verizon it will be adjust a year old... Nice.
    08-19-2014 11:30 AM
    I guess it depends if its a carrier exclusive or not and what the carrier wants to do. They seem to be in control anyway.
    Not necessarily. They have to go this route I think to manage their scale of production. I doubt they've gotten back their A-Status as a OEM yet. It depends on who offers the best contracts...the big boys like AT&T and VZW can. T-Mo can only take a certain number and will stick to the hits like the One (Android), LG G series, Note, Galaxy S. At least, that's my guess.

08-19-2014 11:34 AM
    well htc one isn't going very far. it was it available to more carriers then it could have a very good chance.
    08-19-2014 11:34 AM
    Interesting read. Very true if course. So if the HTC makes it out of Verizon it will be adjust a year old... Nice.
    Fun part was to read the comments at the bottom of this article:
    HTC just announced a Windows Phone version of its best Android phone | The Verge
    08-19-2014 11:39 AM
    Not necessarily. They have to go this route I think to manage their scale of production. I doubt they've gotten back their A-Status as a OEM yet. It depends on who offers the best contracts...the big boys like AT&T and VZW can. T-Mo can only take a certain number and will stick to the hits like the One (Android), LG G series, Note, Galaxy S. At least, that's my guess.

Agreed, TMO cannot commit to big numbers like VZW or ATT can. I think that in about a couple of years this will be a moot point, you bring your device and the carrier provides a SIM and services you require.
    08-19-2014 11:40 AM
    I like to eat eat eat ....... food !
    08-19-2014 11:44 AM
    Fun part was to read the comments at the bottom of this article:
    HTC just announced a Windows Phone version of its best Android phone | The Verge
    wow lots of hate...... people ask for option so htc makes a phone... bam people of other OS hate because wp ruined the HTC one. >.>
    08-19-2014 11:49 AM
    I know im not interested but its still a good phone. :)
    08-19-2014 11:50 AM
    wow lots of hate...... people ask for option so htc makes a phone... bam people of other OS hate because wp ruined the HTC one. >.>
    I didn't see much hate unless it crops up later. The main issue you have here is carrier exclusive. That's it. I would seriously consider it at the right price. However I won't be buying it next year if that's when it makes its way here. To late by then.
    08-19-2014 11:58 AM
143,557 ... 32683269327032713272 ...